The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so torn right now. Super happy we finally broke down Sunderland but the Coutinho injury overshadows it all.

It looks like a broken ankle or something like that. Horrible news :(

But top of the league. :)

Cout possibly out for the season :(

Top of the league. :)

But Cout :(

#lfcpoty

5 - Origi - needed something out of the hat to win that and Origi found it. Such a quality player.
4 - Firmino - stepped up after Cout went down, anything we did well, usually ran through him.
3 - Can - thought he was excellent in midfield. Drove us on, got forward well, put himself about.
2 - Karius - made some good stops when called upon which wasnt often, but he's improving.
1 - Milner - got up and down the left and tucked away an important pen to put the game to bed.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/11/jurgen-klopp-confirms-philippe-coutinho-ankle-injury/

“We have to wait for the scan, what we know in this moment is it’s something with the ankle. That’s it, so we all have to wait,” he said.

“Pain gets better, in the first moment it was very painful, but already when I saw him at half-time he said it was much better.

“As I said, we have to wait. I’m quite an optimistic guy, so I hope he can train tomorrow!”

A victory for persistence. Eat s**t Moyes. But everything overshadowed by what happened to Cout. We're in deep shizen if he misses the rest of the season. I feel we've relied on him too much to be the creative outlet. Lallana, when he eventually gets back, will take up some the slack but not all of it. Cout is irreplaceable. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

We're also racking up injuries just when we're entering the busiest period of the season. Not good. We definitely have to spend in January. Hope Klopp takes the opportunity to have a word in John Henry's ear while he's in the city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#lfcpoty

5-Firmino
4-Origi
3-Can
2-Lovren
1-Karius

Liverpool now need to realise that teams will park the bus at Anfield. If manure with their two bob millionaire team does it then a bog average team managed by the chosen one will certainly do it.
A win and a clean sheet is fantastic. The Coutinho injury is very worrying.
I've ruptured both ACL's and from memory there was immense pain for 5 or 10 minutes and then just a numbing feeling but no pain. When ligaments are ruptured you also rupture nerves hence the no pain.
I hope I'm wrong and it's just a sprain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Encouraging that Cout told Klopp afterwards that he was in much less pain. We can survive without him for 4-6 weeks but we're in huge trouble if he can't recover for the christmas period with Mane heading off.

LFC only seem to do long term injuries, so frustrating.

Hope Phil can get back for the Stoke and City games. I think we will be OK if that happens.

I'll go back and read this later on but not sure if it has been mentioned but who on earth was the commentator who had a stick up his arse about centre halfs? I swear he must have been beat up by Tony Adams as a child or something. Mentioned at least 5 times about how they have it easy these days, can't pass, no skills, need to do more etc etc. Was bizarre.

Karius did his job last night well I thought. Had nothing to do but shut down Sunderland players well for the two half chances they had. In the past when we were dominating games Mingnolet would cough up a cheap goal due to switching off.
Yeah he made my votes. Thought he was good. Particularly on the Watmore chance. When Anichibe slides that across. Im like heck... I cant believe they are going to score. Then Karius just comes out and smothers it. He was alert to the heavy touch.

Karius did his job last night well I thought. Had nothing to do but shut down Sunderland players well for the two half chances they had. In the past when we were dominating games Mingnolet would cough up a cheap goal due to switching off.

Was also good and more importantly quick with his feet.

I'll go back and read this later on but not sure if it has been mentioned but who on earth was the commentator who had a stick up his arse about centre halfs? I swear he must have been beat up by Tony Adams as a child or something. Mentioned at least 5 times about how they have it easy these days, can't pass, no skills, need to do more etc etc. Was bizarre.

Guy was a Muppet. Kept going on how Matip was no good and Sunderland wanted him to have the ball, he's probably one of the top centre backs for ability with the ball.

Guy was a Muppet. Kept going on how Matip was no good and Sunderland wanted him to have the ball, he's probably one of the top centre backs for ability with the ball.
I noticed this aswell. Like as he's saying it, Matip is gliding past a player and moving into midfield with the ball at his feet. Im like... dude you're an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back