The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘perhaps it’s the players/staff not taking cuts that is forcing their hands, which would itself be disappointing. Perhaps it’s other investments in the same boat like Red Sox or Roma(?) doing the same. Perhaps it’s to do with the rumoured buyout of Rangers. I too think it looks poor, but I’m not sure I know enough about the situation

If we are cutting wages to keep cash for an investment into Rangers then that makes the situation even worse.

If we are cutting wages to keep cash for an investment into Rangers then that makes the situation even worse.

Totally agree. Just have nagging suspicions that our owners aren‘t as liquid as we’d like, and have built a business reliant on maximum success funding future growth. Hence our sell-to-buy policies, low net-spend etc. I think the sale of Mookie Betts (and David Price) for peanuts in the MLB off-season illustrates this. They still pay large portions of those salaries too.

Losing matchday revenue may have a bigger effect on our liquidity than we realise, unless we can lower player payments, something currently proving difficult. Haven’t looked into US sport player payments though, just guessing at this stage...

But yes, it’s not a good look regardless...

Last edited:
Anyone seen or heard from Jod? Would have gone into self-iso I assume...hope he didn’t catch it over there...
Hey mate. I'm good. I did have to do 14 days self iso as I returned to Australia. My job is on the line basically weekly though which is a bit s**t.

I'm healthy though so that's the main thing. Cheers for looking out.

Hey mate. I'm good. I did have to do 14 days self iso as I returned to Australia. My job is on the line basically weekly though which is a bit s**t.

Stay safe mate, it will all work out for you.

‘good to see. My business got shut down overnight 2 weeks ago, so I know the stress out there. No income for 2 weeks and counting ain’t great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff, said it was not the right thing to do and reversed the furlough decision. Great stuff by the fans and the fan groups for making this happen.

Agreed.

and typically the dregs of society (fans from other clubs) lambasting LFCs original decision, then loling at the correction.

Yeah, the melts are pretty funny. Our original applucation also included a guarantee to reimburse funds once the crisis was over and normal opetations resumed.

Its pretty telling when some fans are more critical of a club that cancelled a furlough which had a guarantee to reimburse the taxpayer than those that still continue to claim it and dont have a guarantee to reimburse the taxpayer.

i didn't see a problem with the owners handling things (completely legally) to keep us at the top and our players 100% paid. they backed Klopp to the league title and a CL, they can balance the stuff we have no idea about however they want IMO

i didn't see a problem with the owners handling things (completely legally) to keep us at the top and our players 100% paid. they backed Klopp to the league title and a CL, they can balance the stuff we have no idea about however they want IMO

Whie its legal I don't believe we should be claiming furlough funding this early on in the shutdown. Plenty of companies that cannot trade with little cash reserves (like pubs and retail shops for example) that need this money right now.

Different story if this is still going in 6 months time and management / playing squad have already given up half of their income. I would back the club at that stage to apply for furlough funding.

from my understanding if they give up a huge chunk of their income they still get taxed through the ass and they'll be paid the equivalent of a Stockport County player and their lives would be ****ed, just seems to be about protecting what we already have. hopefully there are no negative repercussions anyway now that we're not doing it

from my understanding if they give up a huge chunk of their income they still get taxed through the ass and they'll be paid the equivalent of a Stockport County player and their lives would be f’ed, just seems to be about protecting what we already have. hopefully there are no negative repercussions anyway now that we're not doing it

As a club in a good financial position we morally have an obligation to do the right thing. Plenty of other businesses out there need furlough funding much more than our club does.

As stated previously if this goes on for 6 months and all of our managent / executive management / playing squad have taken a significant hit we then should apply for furlough funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back