The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we're bringing out noises that we can't afford Werner because we want to pay less than the clause
It is straight up weird times with Corona though.

Given that... we best still be spending in the summer. We did nothing last summer, just 7 million on Minamino in January. So we should have buckets of cash to spend.

Werner is a must but not exactly a replacement for guys like Mane and Salah when they go to AFCON. He's a pretty different player to those two. But I want him all the same as we need depth up front. Real quality depth, no disrespect to Div but the difference between him and a player like Werner is massive.

Div whether he stays with us or moves on, will always have his place in LFC folklore.
What the hell is happening with AFCON anyway? Don't they still have more qualifying matches? The tournament has to be postponed.

I think we are waiting for a decision on the season before we make any moves.

End the season now and we will be part of that £1.4 billion penalty fee from Sky and league sponsors.

By continuing the season we will have more cash available to us.

So it's probably just a matter of determining what our financial position is first before we commit to any big moves.

ooooh Sadioooo o_O

Dg0kfQt.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six Premier League players and staff from three different clubs have tested positive to COVID19.

Very difficult seeing this season going ahead. What do these clubs do? Quarantine and postpone the games they’re due to play? Too much money at stake here

Six Premier League players and staff from three different clubs have tested positive to COVID19.

Very difficult seeing this season going ahead. What do these clubs do? Quarantine and postpone the games they’re due to play? Too much money at stake here

that news is 3 days old. Bundesliga had 10 positive tests and went ahead. Still at least 3 weeks til/if it resumes at this stage

6 out of 748 tests is a pretty good result. Probably lower than expected.

As harsh as it sounds you can't stop everything because of a positive test, especially in elite sports people who are incredibly low risk. There's no guarantee of a vaccine so at some point you just have to push ahead, although that's easier to say living here with **** all cases compared to UK.

Looking at guys who have been here a while now and what they are contributing makes for interesting cases in all time teams. Of course it's incredibly difficult to make an All Time Liverpool XI but like in the NBA where you have ALL NBA 1st team, ALL NBA 2nd team and ALL NBA 3rd team. I'd say a few players might be starting to breach that third team.

Just off the top of my head.

1st Team

Clemence
Neal Hansen Thompson A.Kennedy
R.Kennedy Souness Gerrard Barnes
Dalglish Rush

2nd Team

Grobbelaar
Lawler Carragher Yeats Moran
McManaman McDermott Hughes Liddell
Suarez Fowler

3rd Team

Reina
Nicol Smith Hyypia Riise
Callaghan Alonso Whelan Heighway
Keegan Hunt

When do some of the current crop start to break in. VVD and Robbo are the two who I think are already close. Robbo prospers more from LB being a bit of a hole for Liverpool throughout it's history outside of Alan Kennedy of course. Tough for Bobby, Mo and Mane to break through with so many great forwards ahead of them. Hodgson didnt even make my teams and he is third all time on our scoring list. No room for Torres or Owen either and that's even before we get to our current front three.

I guess you could push for Salah and Mane as wingers which would mean Calla and Heighway under pressure. Hendo whilst a terrific servant probs still not enough to get into any of those midfields. Alisson is the other one and it's only a matter of time for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back