The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronnie is a liability with the way they set up.

I thought Ronaldo was a purchase they didnt need to make but now that you have him you need to basically change everything you do to cater to him. He will not defend from the the front or press. So you need players around him that will do that. But United dont have those players, they just have more lazy players like Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, Pogba etc so it just exacerbates the problem.

You need to go 4-3-3 and have one DM with almost two water carriers in midfield. Then you need your wingers either side of Ronaldo to work their socks off but United simply dont have the cattle to do that. But now they have him, they cant bench him. So you kinda just have to go all in and hope you can outscore teams with attacking players like Ronaldo, Rashford, Cavani, Bruno, Sancho, Greenwood etc..

That wont work against the best teams though as we just saw.
They are such a hollywood club. Sign whatever big names they can find, sell a bunch of shirts and they just plop them on a pitch and hope they win.

My favourite bit of the match was after Ronaldo had his petulant sulk and kicked out at Jones. There were obviously a few handbags afterwards and it sort of woke the crowd up a bit because United players were doing the whole “look, we are showing passion” thing.

Then play restarts and straight away Salah scores to make it 4-0. It was just perfect.

My favourite bit of the match was after Ronaldo had his petulant sulk and kicked out at Jones. There were obviously a few handbags afterwards and it sort of woke the crowd up a bit because United players were doing the whole “look, we are showing passion” thing.

Then play restarts and straight away Salah scores to make it 4-0. It was just perfect.

I'm sure Steven Gerrard was even impressed even though he is preoccupied with our 2030 first XI.

I'm sure Steven Gerrard was even impressed even though he is preoccupied with our 2030 first XI.
I tagged him at half time as well. If that performance doesn't give you a tingle in your loins, then nothing will.

What is the official language in northwest England? I'd like to know what they are saying :p
Scouse to Australian translator.

Lads how are we? = g'day mates
Sound = No worries
Unbelievable that init? = Crickey that was a ripper!

It also highlights a massively underrated part of sport and that is leadership. You have Henderson running around like a mad man at 5 nil up and there is no one in united directing anything.

It is also the manager. It was mentioned in commentary when we were taking the piss that Jurgen was still having a go at the players when they did something wrong and micro-managing everything. It is what the best managers do and why Ole will not be successful there.

Scouse to Australian translator.

Lads how are we? = g'day mates
Sound = No worries
Unbelievable that init? = Crickey that was a ripper!

The Slim Shady bit at the end is what got me.

Any of them playing in the midfield?
Jake Cain was, Woodburn was on the wing, but can play in midfield. If your worry is we've got no midfielders, we'll probs be relying on Tyler Morton, Dixon-Bonner and Balagizi before recalling anyone from loan.

Checking in to confirm I wasn’t dreaming. What a win. Liverpool always take it to another level, it’s a pleasure to support them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mo to John Henry.

Mo: I want 400k a week.
JH: You taking the piss or what? I’ll tell you what, we win 5-0 and you score a hatrick this weekend at United and I’ll give you 500k! Deal?
Mo: Deal

This Morning.
JH: I think 400k sounds fair habibi. Sign here please

It is also the manager. It was mentioned in commentary when we were taking the piss that Jurgen was still having a go at the players when they did something wrong and micro-managing everything. It is what the best managers do and why Ole will not be successful there.
Yeah it's what makes the great ones great. Apparently Klopp wasnt super happy at HT and had a lot of direction to tighten things up. Imagine going into the dressing room at HT away to your biggest rivals up 4-0 and getting told how to be better. That's elite. But that's Klopp, he strives for perfection and wants nothing but the absolute best.

Jake Cain was, Woodburn was on the wing, but can play in midfield. If your worry is we've got no midfielders, we'll probs be relying on Tyler Morton, Dixon-Bonner and Balagizi before recalling anyone from loan.
Morton was quite impressive when he came on against Norwich in the previous round. Wouldnt mind seeing him again.

How many games does he miss with AFCON though? Thought I heard he might miss matches against the likes of Chelsea as well.

While countries can techincally request up to 2 weeks preparation for AFCON in practice it generally does not happen. Our players will jet off after Chelsea on NYD.

Any of our players that make it to the final on Feb 6 will miss 2 PL games. They will arrive back in the UK 2 days before Leicester at home.

You know what would've made it even more perfect? If Trent scored the sixth and put up the six fingers, god I was rooting for that
I was thinking that... I remember Torres scoring against the mancs and putting up his hand spread out suggesting 5 times. A classic celebration ruined by us winning a 6th European Cup. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back