The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a fantastic player Milner has been for Liverpool. Came in on a free and gave his all. Even went left back for a season until Robbo came in. I think he'll definitely go on somewhere else because he just loves being a professional footballer. Divock will always be remembered for those late winners he has scored. A fan favorite who just wasn't the same player after that bad injury he got against everton. Taki just didn't live up to the standards he set when playing against us in the CL. I wish all 3 great success at their next clubs.

Milner with just a casual 7 years of service after signing on a freebie at 29 years old. What a signing, probably in the top 5 Prem signings of all time.

I really hope we can send him out on a high with a few trophies this season starting with the League Cup. He won't be done with the game either after finishing up with LFC. Can see him playing on elsewhere until he is 40 and a natural to become a top class manager.

Net spend since Klopps first window (Jan 2016) now 130mil.

Fair bit of incomings happening now or in the summer. We have an option to extend Origi's contract for 1 year which we will do just for the sake of getting a transfer fee. He will go for around 10m in the summer

Takumi - 15m now or in the summer.

One of Sadio or Bobby is going in the summer. 20-25m for one of them even with a year left on their contract.

Phillips - Going now or in the summer for 10-15m.

Neco Williams - Will be sold in the summer as Bradley will be brought through as Trent backup. Gomez also Trent's backup. Gone for around 15m or so.

Ox - probably gone in the summer if Bellingham comes in. Another 15m.

Up to 70m-80m outgoing transfers over the next 2 windows.

Would like us to get a striker and a central mid in the summer, if we aren't planning on re-signing Bob or Sadio then we should try to cash in with a fee instead of losing them on a free

It's getting to that stage where we'd have to say goodbye to some players in this great group and every single one's gonna be heartbreaking

Would like us to get a striker and a central mid in the summer, if we aren't planning on re-signing Bob or Sadio then we should try to cash in with a fee instead of losing them on a free

It's getting to that stage where we'd have to say goodbye to some players in this great group and every single one's gonna be heartbreaking

I agree, it's going to be difficult but needs to be done. The alternative is hanging on to players for too long and getting sentimental. We are going to have to be absolutely ruthless if we want to stay near the top of the footballing pyramid and get our transfers spot on.

I can see us bringing in Carvalho in the summer. One of Bobby / Sadio are going as it stands in the summer. Maybe both if Carvalho comes on board. A forward line of Jota / Diaz / Mo / Carvalho with either Origi or Bobby as a backup sees us in a good position.

I agree, it's going to be difficult but needs to be done. The alternative is hanging on to players for too long and getting sentimental. We are going to have to be absolutely ruthless if we want to stay near the top of the footballing pyramid and get our transfers spot on.

I can see us bringing in Carvalho in the summer. One of Bobby / Sadio are going as it stands in the summer. Maybe both if Carvalho comes on board. A forward line of Jota / Diaz / Mo / Carvalho with either Origi or Bobby as a backup sees us in a good position.

We're scoring enough goals, but the biggest problem will be solving the Thiago problem in midfield: we drop a lot in midfield when he isn't playing. We need to buy someone who can inject some fresh young legs into this midfield with a touch of quality

This Mason Greenwood situation is unbelievably sh*t. But, the reason why I'm mentioning it here is because someone on Reddit around 5 months ago (who was clearly in the know), spoke during the Mendy saga saying that Mason Greenwood was also up sh*t creek and that there was an injunction against reporting on it - also casually mentioned it was the same with a Liverpool player....

At the time no-one really believed him or took his comments seriously, but 5 months later now with Greenwood's girlfriend Instagram posts... The casual mention of a Liverpool player has me concerned there. I hope it was in relation to Flanagan or something.

You'd hope not. Could be Naby but the case against him seemed rather dodgy and the police cleared him. There are serious ramifications for reporting on someone being an alleged rapist if cleared by police so that could be what the injunction relates to.

Or it could be a completely different player which would be horrifying. Too many footballers these days think they can do what they want.

We're scoring enough goals, but the biggest problem will be solving the Thiago problem in midfield: we drop a lot in midfield when he isn't playing. We need to buy someone who can inject some fresh young legs into this midfield with a touch of quality

I do like the song Hey Jude for no particular reason.

Unless Bobby who I absolutely adore is happy to play off the bench and maybe start cup games etc I would say he would be the one to go. Man it will be such a sad day if Bobby, Sadio or Mo leave but we need to start thinking of the future. I'm just so happy this group of players have won a CL and EPL title.
Whatever decisions are made I have full confidence that they will be the right ones for Liverpool going forward because we have the best manager in the world, a manager who builds teams and achieves success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milner with just a casual 7 years of service after signing on a freebie at 29 years old. What a signing, probably in the top 5 Prem signings of all time.

I really hope we can send him out on a high with a few trophies this season starting with the League Cup. He won't be done with the game either after finishing up with LFC. Can see him playing on elsewhere until he is 40 and a natural to become a top class manager.
I reckon he wants the PL appearances record. He needs 74 more games. Might be tough...

This. So much this. Saying goodbye to any of the famed front three has me heart broken. Give them a statue out the front of Anfield, the three of them celebrating together.

If this is Bobby's last season and I hope it's not, but if it is, I need him to find 6 goals in the back half of the season. 100 each for Bobby, Mo and Sadio would be incredible. Mo and Sadio already there of course.

Call me sentimental but do we have to be jettisoning one of Bobby or Sadio?

If we sell Taki and Origi, that gives a front 5 moving forward of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota and Diaz. Man City do it with a ton of forward options, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, Foden, Grealish, Silva etc...

We can rotate that really nicely. With seven on the bench if all five are fit, then you have three starting and two on the bench. Imagine needing a goal with half an hour to play and we take off Mane and Bobby and bring on Diaz and Jota.

Say we get rid of Sadio, then Bobby gets injured for a spell, we're back to that drop off from the remaining three fit guys in Mo, Diaz and Jota and then bringing on an Origi or Taki to find us a goal.

That's the difference between us and City. I'd much rather we kept both Bobby and Sadio.

If we sell Taki and Origi, that gives a front 5 moving forward of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota and Diaz. Man City do it with a ton of forward options, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, Foden, Grealish, Silva etc...

We can rotate that really nicely. With seven on the bench if all five are fit, then you have three starting and two on the bench. Imagine needing a goal with half an hour to play and we take off Mane and Bobby and bring on Diaz and Jota.

Say we get rid of Sadio, then Bobby gets injured for a spell, we're back to that drop off from the remaining three fit guys in Mo, Diaz and Jota and then bringing on an Origi or Taki to find us a goal.

That's the difference between us and City. I'd much rather we kept both Bobby and Sadio.

Given his tendency to sook, do you see Mane being happy being relegated to a bench spot?

It's a nice idea, but remember that Salah does not and does not want to get rotated. He plays every meaningful game. I've suggested on here Bobby may be the most amenable to a lesser role, but if Barca are knocking, that may be difficult to refuse considering where he is in his Liverpool career. Quite a statement of where both clubs are now if Bobby goes to Barca because he's not good enough to start at Liverpool any more.

I'd suggest things are looking bleak for the future of Sadio Mane at Liverpool. His form has been worrying for a while and he's about to enter the last year of his contract. I could see him moving to one of those next tier European sides and bossing it in an easier league. Sadio's signing started it all. He's a LFC legend no matter what happens.

Diaz and Jota are rusted on for a few years IMO, and Salah should be retained at significant cost. Bobby, one of Origi and Taki (and it's Div) and Gordon moving forward would be plenty.

This. So much this. Saying goodbye to any of the famed front three has me heart broken. Give them a statue out the front of Anfield, the three of them celebrating together.

If this is Bobby's last season and I hope it's not, but if it is, I need him to find 6 goals in the back half of the season. 100 each for Bobby, Mo and Sadio would be incredible. Mo and Sadio already there of course.

My money is on Jurg keeping them until their contract runs out and we spank all our budget on Bellingham next window

So Bob has every chance for that 100

You're very sentimental to be saying that. Both on big wages, both with a year left on their contracts. Bobby will be 31 middle of this year. Why would they sign long term contracts when they will have better deals available elsewhere where they will always be starters? Sadio in particular I can't see being happy on the bench. I think he could absolutely thrive in either Bundesliga or Serie A for a few more years yet. I

Bobby maybe happy being a bench option but is that the way he wants to finish up at the club? Again he would have plenty of suitors in Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga etc happy to give him big wages and a spot in the starting lineup.

For me should we pick up Carvalho aswell I would say at least one will definitely go.

I would rather they stay forever but Jurg is now evolving the team again. He won't want to be leaving our next manager with a team full of players in their mid 30's when he finally finishes up. Unfortunately tough calls have to be made and unfortunately it's the only way to keep the club near the top.

Not for nothing, but the Diaz signing happened in the same way all the signings under Klopp have happened, except for VVD - very little chatter, and a lot of movement quickly and suddenly.

One to remember for the "spend some money and do something FSG" crowd.

* cough Steven Gerrard * cough cough ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back