Status
Not open for further replies.
Early thoughts are 4-2-3-1 for the Mancs

Alisson
TAA - Matip/Phillips - Fabinho - Robbo
Hendo - Thiago
Shaqiri - Firmino - Mane
Salah

Bench: Kelleher, Phillips/R Williams, N Williams, Milner, Ox, Gini, Jones, Minamino, Origi.

We haven't been doing in well in both the league cup and fa cup it's because we've been unlucky with the draw, we 'd always draw with another premier team very early on. Spurs just needed to play a part time 8th tier club for their Fa Cup draw this morning.

Hopefully we'll get an easy team next round.

Doing the whole post again now we are in a new thread:

While since Klopp took over we have gone:

2015-16 EFL Cup: Bournemouth (PL), Southampton (PL), Stoke (PL), Man City (PL)
2015-16 FA Cup: Exeter City, West Ham (PL)
2016-17 EFL Cup: Burton Albion, Derby County, Tottenham (PL), Leeds, Southampton (PL)
2016-17 FA Cup: Plymouth Argyle, Wolves

From here on it gets a little ridiculous, especially compared to Man City...

2017-18 EFL Cup: Leicester City (PL)
2017-18 FA Cup: Everton (PL), WBA (PL)
2018-19 EFL Cup: Chelsea (PL)
2018-19 FA Cup: Wolves (PL)
2019-20 EFL Cup: MK Dons, Arsenal (PL), Aston Villa (PL)
2019-20 FA Cup: Everton (PL), Shrewsbury, Chelsea (PL)
2020-21 EFL Cup: Lincoln City, Arsenal (PL)
2020-21 FA Cup: Aston Villa (PL), Manchester United (PL) (with probably West Ham in the 5th Round if we progress)

City just drew Cheltenham in the 4th round.

Last edited:
Doing the whole post again now we are in a new thread:

While since Klopp took over we have gone:

2015-16 EFL Cup: Bournemouth (PL), Southampton (PL), Stoke (PL), Man City (PL)
2015-16 FA Cup: Exeter City, West Ham (PL)
2016-17 EFL Cup: Burton Albion, Derby County, Tottenham (PL), Leeds, Southampton (PL)
2016-17 FA Cup: Plymouth Argyle, Wolves

From here on it gets a little ridiculous, especially compared to Man City...

2017-18 EFL Cup: Leicester City (PL)
2017-18 FA Cup: Everton (PL), WBA (PL)
2018-19 EFL Cup: Chelsea (PL)
2018-19 FA Cup: Wolves (PL)
2019-20 EFL Cup: MK Dons, Arsenal (PL), Aston Villa (PL)
2019-20 FA Cup: Everton (PL), Shrewsbury, Chelsea (PL)
2020-21 EFL Cup: Lincoln City, Arsenal (PL)
2020-21 FA Cup: Aston Villa (PL), Manchester United (PL) (with probably West Ham in the 5th Round if we progress)

City just drew Cheltenham in the 4th round.

Are they using Dominion machines for City's draw? :p

We are now number 2.

Oh well.

Distressingly are my manure acquaintences suddenly loving football again on social media

Now they have to cope with the pressure and expectation that comes with leading the league .. Not sure they're ready for that but we'll find out in due course I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not worried about United, it's City that can go two points clear if they win their games in hand that worries me.

I'm not worried about anyone other than us at the moment TBH .. Need a form correction or it won't matter what the others do because we won't be winning it. Hopeful (with some confidence) we can knuckle down and get back to our lethal best.

I'm not worried about anyone other than us at the moment TBH .. Need a form correction or it won't matter what the others do because we won't be winning it. Hopeful (with some confidence) we can knuckle down and get back to our lethal best.
I'm sure we will find some form again, hopefully starts by beating the Mancs... twice.

Klopp said he was concerned the break between Southampton and Man U would be too great. Van Dijk regularly had little problem playing CB twice a week - he's out due to a freak contact injury (caused by a send-off-able offence). So Fabinho starting was no surprise, although it must be said I wasn't surprised by TAA and Robbo getting rested either.

If Liverpool beat Man U in the FA Cup, then we won't have a week long break between games until at least the end of February.

Klopp said he was concerned the break between Southampton and Man U would be too great. Van Dijk regularly had little problem playing CB twice a week - he's out due to a freak contact injury (caused by a send-off-able offence). So Fabinho starting was no surprise, although it must be said I wasn't surprised by TAA and Robbo getting rested either.

If Liverpool beat Man U in the FA Cup, then we won't have a week long break between games until at least the end of February.

This begs the question, exactly what sort of break between games would Klopp prefer? He's made it clear he doesn't like Wed-Sat turnarounds and so I thought he would've appreciated the rare opportunity to give some of his overworked players a full week's break, but apparently not.

Bottom line; Klopp is talking about the schedule far too much.

This begs the question, exactly what sort of break between games would Klopp prefer? He's made it clear he doesn't like Wed-Sat turnarounds and so I thought he would've appreciated the rare opportunity to give some of his overworked players a full week's break, but apparently not.

Bottom line; Klopp is talking about the schedule far too much.
I reckon 5-7 day breaks would be optimal. Not 3 games in 5 days, and not 9-14 day breaks either.

2 notes from Melissa Reddy.

We talked to Alaba last summer, but the club won't go for him because he's too short and not good in the air.

Also the next time we buy a CB, (maybe in the summer), it will be a young player and that player will replace Matip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back