The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have concerns about Gakpo? Just feel like he can’t hack the pace of EPL and just anti Klopp the way he plays.
He's not in great form but overall he's been pretty handy this season. Under no illusions though that he's the 5th guy in our forward line behind Mo, Jota, Nunez and Diaz.

Anyone have concerns about Gakpo? Just feel like he can’t hack the pace of EPL and just anti Klopp the way he plays.
I'm not a fan. He is a nice player - but nice players do not belong in world class sides.

Im not sure what his elite strength is. He does not have Darwin's pace or havoc, he does not have Salah's ability to dribble, pace or scoring, he does not have Jota's smarts, He does not have Diaz' trickery or pace, he does not have Elliott's intensity.....

I'm not sure what Gapko does have. He is just a good solid footballer. Sadly I think Gravernberch is the same.

Surely this is a pisstake to get our players out of international football.

Jurg doesn't lie about these kinda things so it's probably true

That's why they shouldn't have played so many minutes in the Prague games, running them to the ground wasn't the answer

Thought this was offside in the leadup to the Antony goal. Also thought there was in the leadup to the first goal, haven't seen a replay yet.

At the time I thought this too. No idea what the rule is but United play the ball to an offside player, we have to react to try to clear it just in case he is onside, from the clearance, they recover the ball and score.

But it's offside, we should get a free kick.

We were poor and didnt deserve to win but I dont get that rule.

I'm not a fan. He is a nice player - but nice players do not belong in world class sides.

Im not sure what his elite strength is. He does not have Darwin's pace or havoc, he does not have Salah's ability to dribble, pace or scoring, he does not have Jota's smarts, He does not have Diaz' trickery or pace, he does not have Elliott's intensity.....

I'm not sure what Gapko does have. He is just a good solid footballer. Sadly I think Gravernberch is the same.
But we cant expect our 5th choice forward to be world class though can we?

Squad players are needed just like in the past with guys like Origi, Minamino, Ings etc

U21s beat Man City 2-0. Kone-Doherty and Rhys Williams with the goals. Koumas and Davidson with an assist.

Team was: Mrozek, Davidson, Nallo, Williams, Pinnington, Miles, Spearing, Laffey, Gordon, Koumas, Kone-Doherty
Subs: Kelly, Mabaya, Pennington, Furnell-Gill, Frauendorf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why we won't win the league, Howard Webb won't let us

The only one who's high is Howard Webb, smoking some good s**t

That's outrageous. There is not one single mention of Doku coming over the ball with his studs at chest height. That alone is enoguh for a foul to be called, it's clear and obvious. If Mac tried to head that ball he could have been seriously injured. Clearly only Doku went over the top with his studs high, that's laughable from Attwell.

Howard Webb has just said that because the player got part of the ball the referee's call for no foul is ok and VAR can't recommend a review for an obvious error.

In that sense I wouldn't mind shipping him out and trying something new

Why? He offers us the false 9 option at CF which he was pretty good at last season after he settled in to the point where he was the automatic first choice starter. Also can play on the left and has the ability to pinch hit in midfield if needed. He's young, still got development in him.

I can't think of a good reason why any club would want to let go of Gakpo as a 5th choice attacking option.

Why? He offers us the false 9 option at CF which he was pretty good at last season after he settled in to the point where he was the automatic first choice starter. Also can play on the left and has the ability to pinch hit in midfield if needed. He's young, still got development in him.

I can't think of a good reason why any club would want to let go of Gakpo as a 5th choice attacking option.
Yeah fair enough. One more season of Gakpo SOLD to Zidane98.

That's outrageous. There is not one single mention of Doku coming over the ball with his studs at chest height. That alone is enoguh for a foul to be called, it's clear and obvious. If Mac tried to head that ball he could have been seriously injured. Clearly only Doku went over the top with his studs high, that's laughable from Attwell.

Howard Webb has just said that because the player got part of the ball the referee's call for no foul is ok and VAR can't recommend a review for an obvious error.

Genuinely dunno why the head of the PGMOL gets to have a little TV show and gaslight people with his bullshit. This sport is so silly

Bit annoyed with the fan base after the United game and all the s**t that's been thrown at Cody. We're are supposed to stick together in the good times and the bad, not throw players under the bus.

It's also such a bizarre person to target. He wasnt at fault for the third goal, Nunez was and the 4th goals was Elliott's fault so why the wolves are out for Cody is strange.

Not to mention what an absolutely lovely kid he is. So mature and level headed for someone his age. If you watch any of the behind the scenes stuff at the club, he's just such a lovely person. It shits me that he's copping flak on the internet.

Bit annoyed with the fan base after the United game and all the s**t that's been thrown at Cody. We're are supposed to stick together in the good times and the bad, not throw players under the bus.

It's also such a bizarre person to target. He wasnt at fault for the third goal, Nunez was and the 4th goals was Elliott's fault so why the wolves are out for Cody is strange.

Not to mention what an absolutely lovely kid he is. So mature and level headed for someone his age. If you watch any of the behind the scenes stuff at the club, he's just such a lovely person. It shits me that he's copping flak on the internet.
Are they? I hadn't noticed. He's just not that good and has been in terrible form for ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back