The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think one of the biggest what ifs is what could we have been if he had have played alongside Suarez.

Torres was cooked by the time Suarez joined us.

FSG shipping him to Chelsea for 50m was in hindsight fantastic work by them. Even if it didn't feel that way at the time.

Who you think he's selling??

Reckon his first job needs to be extending Mo, Virg, Ali and Trent.
Mo gets sold I reckon. They might even extend his contract and sell him within the year.
They might sell Ali and maybe Robbo as well. FSG are in it for the money. Deep down, they’ll want the payday that these two can give them.
Bradley, Quansah, Danns, Bajcetic, Elliott, Clark, McConnell, Kelleher, etc will be all pushed as the future and they’ll cash out on two or three of the older brigade.
Maybe Ali stays if the money is right for Kelleher. What does Ali want to do though now that Klopp is finishing. Sell him if he wants out and keep Kelleher obviously.

Mo gets sold I reckon. They might even extend his contract and sell him within the year.
They might sell Ali and maybe Robbo as well. FSG are in it for the money. Deep down, they’ll want the payday that these two can give them.
Bradley, Quansah, Danns, Bajcetic, Elliott, Clark, McConnell, Kelleher, etc will be all pushed as the future and they’ll cash out on two or three of the older brigade.
Maybe Ali stays if the money is right for Kelleher. What does Ali want to do though now that Klopp is finishing. Sell him if he wants out and keep Kelleher obviously.

I can see Mo getting a new deal until 2027. Then, after WC 2026 he will be sold to a Saudi club (if the league hasn't folded) for around 100m. Virg likewise, I don't see him leaving us before WC 2026. He's just too good and also reliable injury wise.

Courtois has just suffered another serious injury at RM after recently returning from 12+ months out with an ACL. He may actually be cooked and Real might put in an offer for Ali. Personally, I would be open to selling Ali at this stage of his career if Real coughed up 80m+, it would be too good to turn down.

Trent will get a new 5 year deal.

There were some rumors recently about us being interested in Ait-Nouri (22 year old left back) from Wolves. Perhaps there's something to this but only if we could sell Robbo for a mammoth transfer fee.

Whoever comes in as new manager will have to replace Ali/Virg/Mo/Robbo within 3 years anyway, even if they all stay I don't see any of them being with us after 2027.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think it will all be that drastic. Keeping our best players will obviously be the play and the narrative that all the players will want out because Klopp is leaving is bullshit IMO.

Courtois has just suffered another serious injury at RM after recently returning from 12+ months out with an ACL. He may actually be cooked and Real might put in an offer for Ali. Personally, I would be open to selling Ali at this stage of his career if Real coughed up 80m+, it would be too good to turn down.
So bizarre, the disrespect.

You dont sell the best GK on the planet in the middle of his prime. Are you nuts??

I dont think it will all be that drastic. Keeping our best players will obviously be the play and the narrative that all the players will want out because Klopp is leaving is bullshit IMO.
Two of the Over 30 brigade will get sold in the summer is my prediction. I don’t necessarily agree with what I’m posting. It’s just what I can see FSG doing. Edwards will cash in and give less expensive talents a go.

So bizarre, the disrespect.

You dont sell the best GK on the planet in the middle of his prime. Are you nuts??

It's not disrespect. Every player has his price, every player doesn't stay forever. That's reality. Id personally only look at selling for a fee of 100m plus and only if our new manager believed Kelleher was the right man to become #1.

It's not disrespect. Every player has his price, every player doesn't stay forever. That's reality. Id personally only look at selling for a fee of 100m plus and only if our new manager believed Kelleher was the right man to become #1.
Sure every player has a price but to sell Alisson cos someone throws money at us just confirms once again that suddenly we're a selling club. The moment Jurg walked in we finally stopped being a selling club. When you have a player who is the best in the world in their position, you simply just dont look to sell him. You look to make sure he retires at your club.

Also it's not a good thing if we are still relying on Ali/Virg/Mo & Robbo come 2027. There has to be a succession plan.
You gotta stop putting Ali in these conversations, GK's are different to outfield players. Ali has far more time on his clock that the others. I can see Ali still being one of the very best GK's in the world in 6 or so years!

As for succession plans for other players. You act like we dont replace players when they are old or leave. Mane left, Diaz arrived. Firmino left, Nunez arrived, Henderson left, Szoboszlai arrived, Fabinho left, Mac Allister arrived.

When Virg, Mo and Robbo eventually leave there will be replacements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back