The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just noticed that Mainoo got called up and then played against Brazil for England.

Does playing for Man United mean you get in the England squad still a thing? Cos Elliott and Jones have been far better and contributed way more than Mainoo has and at a higher level.

Southgate man...

Tap in seems to think we're in contact with Soton for Lavia and he's been pretty accurate about us all summer

Not sure about this one, he's a bit raw for my liking and we'd need someone ******* amazing to play at no.6 considering how open we play, but with the home grown situation we probably have no choice

Bullet dodged.

I just noticed that Mainoo got called up and then played against Brazil for England.

Does playing for Man United mean you get in the England squad still a thing? Cos Elliott and Jones have been far better and contributed way more than Mainoo has and at a higher level.

Southgate man...
He should stop calling up Trent too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we'll have a quiet summer window. Just a left sided CB and possibly a new #6 to replace Thiago the only likely business.

Outgoings will be significant.

Thiago, Matip leave obviously at the end of their contracts.

Then probably Kelleher, Morton, Carvalho all sold. If we pick up a CB that can also play at LB we may even sell Kostas.

Sounds like we'll have a quiet summer window. Just a left sided CB and possibly a new #6 to replace Thiago the only likely business.

Outgoings will be significant.

Thiago, Matip leave obviously at the end of their contracts.

Then probably Kelleher, Morton, Carvalho all sold. If we pick up a CB that can also play at LB we may even sell Kostas.
I thought there was rumblings that we would give Matip a new one year deal on lower wages so he can continue to rehab from his knee. Then he could return to playing second half of next season before leaving on a free but with his value higher. If we release him at the end of the season, he wont have anywhere to go given his injury.

Having said that, it's something Klopp would push for but with Edwards, he will probs be like... bye Matip. Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back