The Boys Club & Sweet FA Farewell A Great One - RIP miggs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to think that somewhere over Perth the cricket ball he bowled to Mitch Marsh all those years is smiling for Miggs as it still continues to sail through the sky

Hi all,

I feel I have been scripting this thread for a few days now but I know I will in no way be able to give it true justice. I'm also aware this may be the first time the news is reaching others that knew him well so I can only offer my further condolences.

On Monday afternoon the terrible news was delivered to the last fragments of the famed BC chat that our former member miggs had tragically passed away after a battle with cancer. As a group that knew him well it was clearly a shakeup but immediately we were able to bond over incredibly funny stories of the "Big Mac". I would describe him as bravely funny, he had no ceiling (oh boy he had a floor though) because he knew he was so good. He owned every part of himself and if we ever made fun of his exceptional diet or his gout he could respond with signed photos in the mail of the renowned "fat miggs" a beautiful headshot of a chubby teenager signed "the Alpha" which is a pretty baller move. He famously organised a Christmas gift for the group, a Cameo from To Catch A Predator host Chris Hansen that in particular targeted one of our group which was one of the most amazing things I have seen play out online. I'm sure others will add their own tales.

Beyond the devil streak in miggs, above all he was a kind and cheeky friend. Although we had lost base across his illness I had a long history of long and caring conversations, he particularly loved my pug (even more than you Pugsley). I'll be honest at the start of his time here I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker and it came to an end one late night he sent me a PM with some choice words on my admin and mod abilities and within three or four exchanges we had become friends (and one of those exchanges was me telling him to go away). To steer into a Sweet FA perspective it was clear that miggs was absorbed into the Wrestlemania vibe the league had started taking and one the early stages of The Boys Club had started championing. Right down to the British Bulldog avatar he had embraced a heel persona, sometimes overboard but one nonetheless. Many at the time will remember the (mostly) manufactured battle between the BC and the Haro-lead Bombers - miggs played the game so well he won two premierships with the Bombers. Like the famous Always Sunny line goes, he'd play both sides so he would always come out on top and we loved him for it.

Miggs played 217 games in the Sweet FA from S22-S35 with stints at the Bombers (82 games). the Royals (57), the Gumbies (53), the Rats (17) and the Hawks (8). He was a role player above all and took his fun from the community itself.

Rest in peace miggs. You were a joy that will always be missed and always remembered.

Sad.. so sad.
RiP buddy..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

I feel I have been scripting this thread for a few days now but I know I will in no way be able to give it true justice. I'm also aware this may be the first time the news is reaching others that knew him well so I can only offer my further condolences.

On Monday afternoon the terrible news was delivered to the last fragments of the famed BC chat that our former member miggs had tragically passed away after a battle with cancer. As a group that knew him well it was clearly a shakeup but immediately we were able to bond over incredibly funny stories of the "Big Mac". I would describe him as bravely funny, he had no ceiling (oh boy he had a floor though) because he knew he was so good. He owned every part of himself and if we ever made fun of his exceptional diet or his gout he could respond with signed photos in the mail of the renowned "fat miggs" a beautiful headshot of a chubby teenager signed "the Alpha" which is a pretty baller move. He famously organised a Christmas gift for the group, a Cameo from To Catch A Predator host Chris Hansen that in particular targeted one of our group which was one of the most amazing things I have seen play out online. I'm sure others will add their own tales.

Beyond the devil streak in miggs, above all he was a kind and cheeky friend. Although we had lost base across his illness I had a long history of long and caring conversations, he particularly loved my pug (even more than you Pugsley). I'll be honest at the start of his time here I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker and it came to an end one late night he sent me a PM with some choice words on my admin and mod abilities and within three or four exchanges we had become friends (and one of those exchanges was me telling him to go away). To steer into a Sweet FA perspective it was clear that miggs was absorbed into the Wrestlemania vibe the league had started taking and one the early stages of The Boys Club had started championing. Right down to the British Bulldog avatar he had embraced a heel persona, sometimes overboard but one nonetheless. Many at the time will remember the (mostly) manufactured battle between the BC and the Haro-lead Bombers - miggs played the game so well he won two premierships with the Bombers. Like the famous Always Sunny line goes, he'd play both sides so he would always come out on top and we loved him for it.

Miggs played 217 games in the Sweet FA from S22-S35 with stints at the Bombers (82 games). the Royals (57), the Gumbies (53), the Rats (17) and the Hawks (8). He was a role player above all and took his fun from the community itself.

Rest in peace miggs. You were a joy that will always be missed and always remembered.

Can't say I knew miggs particularly well (let alone got along with him), but he was a defining character during my stint at the Bombers. He did reach out to give me a reassuring DM during the whole trade drama, so I've always got that.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad, I didn't know him particularly well, but had just enough interactions to know he was very funny, sharp of wit and liked to post on the edge. I imagine he probably experienced banhammer prison more than a few times? But its just part of his charm, by all reports in personal interactions he had a warmer side and was a quality person.

RIP miggs. And once again, **** cancer.

This is just devastating news. I met miggs on the Swans board well before my time in the SFA. He and I enjoyed some great banter in a thread of mine, along with other SFA members sataris, GotTheGoodes, Ticky009 & McEvoy before miggs decided to derail the thread with pictures of his nipples

Screenshot_20240418_181500_Chrome.jpg

Beyond that, miggs and I were teammates at the Bombers and a part of the Bombers LG together. He had suggested the two of us run a podcast together, but unfortunately it never gained any legs. A truely funny guy and one that even as recently as 2 weeks ago I had wondered where he was at as I hadn't seen him around for a long time. He will be a terrible loss for our community knowing he won't ever return.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to his family and friends in this difficult time. I just hope he wasn't in any pain. Rest in peace big fella. You will be missed 😢

Only got to play one season with him, spent the entire time deliberately mixing up/confusing him and MITS … he took it very well.

Sad to hear he is no longer with us, RIP funny man.

Total lack of class:thumbsdown:

I think this one is ok mate. I reckon miggs would heart react it. There were times he annoyed the ever loving hell out of me and tested my loyalty as a mod. It's kind to be honest, if Phenom had any deep issues with miggs he wouldn't have said a word.

miggs would love all this attention, in fact I can imagine him now.

Hulk Hogan Sport GIF by WWE

He was by far the best tag team Ive ever been in.

I think this one is ok mate. I reckon miggs would heart react it. There were times he annoyed the ever loving hell out of me and tested my loyalty as a mod. It's kind to be honest, if Phenom had any deep issues with miggs he wouldn't have said a word.

Agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back