FTA-TV The Bridge (Bron/Broen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowlan

Team Captain
Jun 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A really great show is starting tonight on SBS 2 at 8.30pm. It's a Swedish / Danish show (subtitled) that seems to be very intriguing and suspenseful. I've seen the first few episodes and am really enjoying it. Couldn't see a thread about it so I thought I would start one.

When a body is found on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden, right on the border, Danish inspector Marin Rohde and Swedish Saga Norén have share jurisdiction and work together to find the killer.
IMDB

Very slight spoiler in this video, won't matter after the 10 min mark of the first episode though.

Anyone seen it? Or planning on watching?

If you've seen it all, no spoilers please.

Season 2 is out. Difficult to find good english subtitles though.

Loved season one, Saga is especially great

Finished this recently and absolutely loved it. Saga was such an awesome character, so smart but so awkward and the actor played it beautifully. Watched the first 15 mins or so of the US one and it looked terrible in comparison. Saga (whatever the USised version they came up with) went from being socially awkward to being a c***.

I think I'll wait a while for season 2 if the subs are hard to find.

Been meaning to catch up on this for a while. Heard pretty good things about it. Really didn't like the US version, gave up on it somewhere in the middle of the first season.

Finished this recently and absolutely loved it. Saga was such an awesome character, so smart but so awkward and the actor played it beautifully. Watched the first 15 mins or so of the US one and it looked terrible in comparison. Saga (whatever the USised version they came up with) went from being socially awkward to being a c***.

I think I'll wait a while for season 2 if the subs are hard to find.

Not hard to find. Apparently.

The original Swedish version is the best. The acting, scripting and whole art direction/feel is top notch.

When I watched the American one, and have been scanning the English/French 'The Tunnel', I'm so concious of them merely adapting the shop rather than taking it somewhere else.

All the character mannerisms are the same etc. In saying that, 'The Tunnel' isn't a bad version; the whole English/French culture dynamic is much more pronounced and, dare I say, more obvious for the Western viewer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quality, really enjoyed the second series as much as their first, quite clever in their character development.

Props

Yeah, the second is very good. They've announced a third, you know?

Thats great news, I didn't know, wasn't sure where they would go from here . The more I think about it, the more I really enjoyed that series.

Cheers for the heads up.

No worries. Season 2 really grew on me. Not sure where they can go with Martin now though.

But we've now got a long wait.... the Swedish season 2 has just finished after all.

Man, Scandinavian crime drama does its level best to leave me absolutely flat at the end of every series. I think I preferred S02 to S01 here, as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back