The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

A person with their priorities straight wouldn't give a fu** what some rando on a footy forum said about a sporting company's finances.

Who says I give a heck? I just like holding people to account - doesn’t mean I care about them.

Unsubstantiated assumption on your behalf, and that’s leaving the inherent circularity in your line of comment here.

Dammit.

The invoice came through and we have to pay double for the Grand Final umps. You'd think we'd get a discount for Covid, but nooooooo

Dammit.

The invoice came through and we have to pay double for the Grand Final umps. You'd think we'd get a discount for Covid, but nooooooo
Yeah we got there first and paid them off to umpire the game fairly, but you must have outbid us 😭

Umps were stoked early on when Dogs raced ahead....so they took the opportunity to try and offset the bias an pay heaps of frees to a languishing Port A. This will also become the primary defence of the terrible umpiring and bias towards the Bulldogs in the GF ahead. I expect the Bulldogs will eclipse their 2016 cheating and win by a minimum of +19 frees.

Umps were stoked early on when Dogs raced ahead....so they took the opportunity to try and offset the bias an pay heaps of frees to a languishing Port A. This will also become the primary defence of the terrible umpiring and bias towards the Bulldogs in the GF ahead. I expect the Bulldogs will eclipse their 2016 cheating and win by a minimum of +19 frees.
Hopefully it doesn’t affect the result 😥 We’ll have to be on our best behaviour.

You really need to get out more.

Perhaps you can develop an understanding of life.

I have personally posted that the free kick differential enjoyed by the Bulldogs is about frees conceded not frees awarded.

In the Port Adelaide game we conceded 22 compared to 19 in the Brisbane game.

Factors contributing to that are Port Adelaide actually receive the most frees of all teams and have had a positive differential in all 3 games with the Bulldogs this year. So on trend for the Bulldogs to be behind against Port.

Increased frees against Bulldogs were largely due to Stefan Martin conceding 5 himself.

All this is logical analysis, but I am sure you aren't interested in anything logical.

Alternatively you can maintain a view that is implausible to the extent of being more akin to stupidity.

Logic can't compete with stupidity, because stupidity has no logic.

Noticed Bevo said his presser that he was disappointed that we gave away some undisciplined free kicks that gave Port some momentum in the third quarter. If people seriously don't think that it's a focus of his, they just aren't paying attention.

Because the Dogs were in front from the get go. No need to help them out like they normally do.
Yeah, because otherwise Port were so wonderful... for witches' hats. Hey, maybe they let us win because they want the coach to get the blame and get the sack! Yep, that must be it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the Bulldogs have generally had positive free kick differentials under Beveridge as he no doubt coaches his players to gain an advantage through playing for free kicks and bending/breaking the rules by throwing instead of handballing but that doesn't mean opposition supporters have to like it and can't complain about it. The Bulldogs are now one of the most disliked teams and most neutral supporters will be barracking for Port in the prelim final.
Thanks once again for proving that you lack any sharpness in your understanding.

REPEAT.

Bulldogs do not receive excess frees. Conclusion they collectively don't play for frees more than other teams.

Bending/Breaking the rules is make believe, because EVERY team is at liberty to play to the interpretation.

I don't see any Bulldogs get away with any more blatant throw than Ollie Wines perpetuated in the prelim.

Good on you for barracking for Port. You managed to get them to win the free kick differential.

Journo asked Christian Salem about Cody Weightman and free kicks. 5:58 here:

Pretty diplomatic answer I thought.

Journo asked Christian Salem about Cody Weightman and free kicks. 5:58 here:

Pretty diplomatic answer I thought.

Might be a moot point, Salem is so dangerous we might try and get JJ to run with him as a defensive forward role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back