Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this only once, I honestly believe the indigenous kids are born with some freakish talents, things that you watch them do on a footy field, agility, evasiveness and trick shots belies their age.

However trying to teach them a traditional straight drop punt ... get outta here.

Arr0w could probably weigh in more here, however this is just the boys I have witnessed in Kal.

I reckon you’re spot on. It’s something you can’t teach anyone but I remember at primary school one of my mates was indigenous and playing footy at lunchtime watching him just do stuff with a footy I’d never really seen before used to amaze me. And he’s try and teach me these round the body bananas and I’d try teach him how to kick a set shot 😂😂😂😂 was the absolute best

Not sure if they've already been posted but I recently watched a couple of the Dyl & Friends podcasts on youtube. Some great little insights into the life of an AFL player, with some small Carlton related snippets in there. Would highly recommend having a listen to the episode with Tony Armstrong who's incredibly engaging and has a great story about the kind of person that Ed Curnow is. Another one is the episode with Zac Dawson who was a much maligned footballer across his career and he talks about the crap that he had to endure throughout his career. Good to chuck on whilst on a mask wearing afternoon walk!

Loved Robbo when he was with us, was chaotic on the field but loved his effort.

Sad he is up to 200 games and the headline is about us and Mick Shithouse 6 years ago!

Think its time to move on and would suggest his drinking, fighting and lying played some factor :D. Just sounds like sour grapes now.

Sad he is up to 200 games and the headline is about us and Mick Shithouse 6 years ago!

Think its time to move on and would suggest his drinking, fighting and lying played some factor :D. Just sounds like sour grapes now.
He's entitled to his opinion, and SEN are keen as mustard to spread negative news. He'd wouldn't be the first player to ignore his own indiscretions ahead of pointing out those around him, either.

I will say, though, that I hope they print a Malthouse-Carlton disaster story every month until I die. I want what happens when our club's admin try to accelerate things, get involved in processes they are not expert in, and allow a single figure within the club to have too much power front and centre in their minds. I don't trust us to remember our history without nigh constant reminding.

I don’t like the negative comments from fans criticising Robbo, sour grapes and all that. I and most here, regularly smash the club for being a disaster in the past, for appointing a coach that was a disaster, making horrible decisions on players and destroying our club, yet when a former player says it, the same people, get all defensive.

The article to me doesn’t sound sour at all, is mostly about his admiration for Ratten and to still feel upset, hurt or disappointed in what happened, shows that the club was and still does mean something to him.

No doubt he contributed to his own axing, but it’s a good insight in to the club at the time.

He's entitled to his opinion, and SEN are keen as mustard to spread negative news. He'd wouldn't be the first player to ignore his own indiscretions ahead of pointing out those around him, either.

When talking about the unfair sacking of a coach he obviously loved and falling out of love with the club after MM appointment, what does his indiscretions have to do with it?

He isn’t talking about his unfair sacking.

I don’t like the negative comments from fans criticising Robbo, sour grapes and all that. I and most here, regularly smash the club for being a disaster in the past, for appointing a coach that was a disaster, making horrible decisions on players and destroying our club, yet when a former player says it, the same people, get all defensive.

The article to me doesn’t sound sour at all, is mostly about his admiration for Ratten and to still feel upset, hurt or disappointed in what happened, shows that the club was and still does mean something to him.

No doubt he contributed to his own axing, but it’s a good insight in to the club at the time.

I get that, but the way I see it he is playing 200 games.

Why is the focus on what happened 6 years ago at Carlton? That is literally the headline! Time to move on and enjoy the milestone. :)

When talking about the unfair sacking of a coach he obviously loved and falling out of love with the club after MM appointment, what does his indiscretions have to do with it?

He isn’t talking about his unfair sacking.
Because he's effectively talking about why he left the club, without discussing how he got into a pub brawl with Garlett and got injured.

Let's be plain here, that article and the areas it chooses to go are very specific. While I understand that its purpose is as much to celebrate his 200 game milestone, it is selective in terms of what it chooses to discuss.

And, in response to your comment above, I'm not actually bagging Robbo. He's been asked a question and answered it; sure, he probably doesn't want to talk about his own role in leaving, but most people don't. I'm more having a crack at SEN and our club rather than him.

Well said. Found it a refreshing straight honest piece Mitch was expressing. Super happy for him he has made his time at Brisbane be a good one for his life and footy career. There was a chance it could have gone south and he be out of football soon after.

Why is the focus on what happened 6 years ago at Carlton? That is literally the headline! Time to move on and enjoy the milestone. :)

That’s true, I really don’t like when journos interview a player after a game or during the week and then just ask that player about another players contract statues or if they are leaving, it’s disrespectful.

It would be a lot nicer to focus on a player being shown the door, moving north and making a real crack of his career and reaching 200 games. More honest answers by players should be applauded.

Because he's effectively talking about why he left the club, without discussing how he got into a pub brawl with Garlett and got injured.

Let's be plain here, that article and the areas it chooses to go are very specific. While I understand that its purpose is as much to celebrate his 200 game milestone, it is selective in terms of what it chooses to discuss.

And, in response to your comment above, I'm not actually bagging Robbo. He's been asked a question and answered it; sure, he probably doesn't want to talk about his own role in leaving, but most people don't. I'm more having a crack at SEN and our club rather than him.

Negative articles do bring more people in than a positive one. I mostly got out of the article, was his disappointment at Ratts being moved on, when he shouldn’t have and the culture or club changing when MM arrived, I know Robbos history and I supported moving him on, I wish bia a trade though.

Negative articles do bring more people in than a positive one. I mostly got out of the article, was his disappointment at Ratts being moved on, when he shouldn’t have and the culture or club changing when MM arrived, I know Robbos history and I supported moving him on, I wish bia a trade though.
On one hand, I can hardly comment on bigm386's post without reading the article. On the other, I avoid SEN like the plague because this is what they do.

On one hand, I can hardly comment on bigm386's post without reading the article. On the other, I avoid SEN like the plague because this is what they do.

Yeah but Kane mate ..... (sorry Get I had too ;) )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say this only once, I honestly believe the indigenous kids are born with some freakish talents, things that you watch them do on a footy field, agility, evasiveness and trick shots belies their age.

However trying to teach them a traditional straight drop punt ... get outta here.

Arr0w could probably weigh in more here, however this is just the boys I have witnessed in Kal.

I will never understand why Australian Soccer didn't chase more indigenous kids and divert them to soccer, our Australian team would be amazing.Their speed and ball skills are to die for no matter what the sport (Sam Kerr ring a bell)

Most of the indigenous boys I played with would send daisy cutters 30-40m straight into your rib cage every time

Hi guys, while you wait for tonight's game throw our chat with Jed Lamb a listen:

Listen here!

We spoke about what he's up to now, how he landed at Carlton, how he left the Club and, of course, Round 22, 2017!

A Chat With... Jed Lamb.

As we prepare to tackle the Hawks, the outstanding Jed Lamb gave us a bit of his time talk us through his 44 games with the Blues, how it started, how it ended and, of course, that night on James Sicily.

Have a listen and let us know what you think!

Apple: https://apple.co/312gBc5
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3hTzwMU
Web: https://bit.ly/3hPPHLe

Robbo did go in depth on how he got himself booted when he was on Dyl & Friends not too long ago

I would be very surprised if SEN has not taken an answer to a single question, in a much longer interview and written the article knowing the Carlton slant will generate more interest in Melbourne.

I will never understand why Australian Soccer didn't chase more indigenous kids and divert them to soccer, our Australian team would be amazing.Their speed and ball skills are to die for no matter what the sport (Sam Kerr ring a bell)

Most of the indigenous boys I played with would send daisy cutters 30-40m straight into your rib cage every time
I agree. Indigenous athletes would make amazing round ball players but Sam Kerr isn’t indigenous.

The Blues' breach involved a member of the club's travelling group "inadvertently" breaching the AFL's protocols when they sought childcare assistance.

Carlton chief executive Cain Liddle said everyone at the club understood the seriousness of the breach and clarification should have been requested.
"For context purposes, the period in which this breach occurred was after the quarantine timeframe had concluded," Liddle said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back