Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the season start dates for 2024 yet? If it's a week earlier than 2023 then could it start
March 8th or 9th?
And
Can anyone confirm if afl will go ahead with us v Brissie ... maybe on the thursday or friday nite up there?

Ta folks.

Last edited:
Sort of related...😛
Does anyone know the season start dates for 2024 yet? If it's a week earlier than 2023 then could it start
March 8th or 9th?
And
Can anyone confirm if afl will go ahead with us v Brissie ... maybe on the thursday or friday nite up there?

Ta folks.
Still trying to work out ourselves. The proposed early round coincides with NRL opening in ‘Vegas. As far as I can ascertain, that is a week earlier, as in 1st. Where there is smoke, there is fire, so be surprised if we can’t lock it in.

Still trying to work out ourselves. The proposed early round coincides with NRL opening in ‘Vegas. As far as I can ascertain, that is a week earlier, as in 1st. Where there is smoke, there is fire, so be surprised if we can’t lock it in.
Possible meet up opportunity Coona...with you and Wick and hopefully lots more...hopefully we get some news soon. 😊

SEN did a premature redraft of 2022.

Ollie came in at no 8.

Not bad for a kid many saw as being a conservative pick...

Yep, but he was better than some ahead of him on that list imo …. but GuesSEN had the disclaimer that it’s more the longer term than just first year🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, but he was better than some ahead of him on that list imo …. but GuesSEN had the disclaimer that it’s more the longer term than just first year🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not taking Ginbey ahead of Hollands right now. Looks a slowish inside mid. A bit too slow off the mark to be considered that high. Haven't seen enough of Wardlaw or Humphrey yet. Sheezel miles in front of Ashcroft. Cadman lucky to be mentioned on the list at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN did a premature redraft of 2022.

Ollie came in at no 8.

Not bad for a kid many saw as being a conservative pick...

Stated previously that Hollands exceeded my expectations in his first year, but always knew he had a high floor, like all the draftees we took last year

Way too early for a redraft, 4-5 years is a much better timeframe

Stated previously that Hollands exceeded my expectations in his first year, but always knew he had a high floor, like all the draftees we took last year

I think his high floor is already showing, workrate, 2nd efforts, pressure are excellent but I'm already concerned by how many of his kicks are smothered, he has a big slow, well telegraphed, wind up and if he can't change that he'll only be of value outside the contest.

Back the kid to do everything in his power to improve though, as a first year he would have put a lot of the list to shame with all that stuff mentioned previously.

Last edited:
I think his high floor is already showing, workrate, 2nd efforts, pressure are excellent but I'm already concerned by how many of his kicks are smothered, he has a big slow, well telegraphed, wind up and if he can't change that he'll only be of value outside the contest.

Back the kid to do everything in his power to improve though, as a first year he would have put a lot of the list to shame with all that stuff mentioned previously.
Yeah, it's something he definitely needs to work on. This was from one of my preseason training rambles....

"Hollands looks very confident the way he moves and seems to find space where there is none - however, on occasions he's horribly slow in his decision making when he has the ball in hand and gets caught. I noticed the same in the U18 champs, so an area of his game he'll have to improve."

Yes he does get smothered a tad too often from around 50 meters when he is trying to find an target - then again I think he can improve on that fairly easily - a big tick was his part in the W>H>D>A goal to win the match against Melbourne - that was a genuine mark , spin and kick to Docherty in very quick time...

FWIW, was at a friend's place yesterday.

She told me she's friends with G. Wardlaw's mum.

The mum told her George grew up playing against N. Daicos and George always gave Nick a bath....

Nick doesn't like George!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back