BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
I just hope we keep Casboult. But it is good to know that if the club does decide to let him go we will get some sort of compo.
Yep - me too. Heart bleeds Navy Blue and has really stepped up in his career, considering how his kicking was, how many times he's apparently been trade bait, and also put behind the younger forwards in the pecking order. All this and he's in career best form. Must stay a blue to the end and win a Flag/Cup with us!

TommyMcG

All Australian
Sep 22, 2005
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Did anybody watch the press conference with JSOS, he needs media training bad that has to be one of the most painful and dragged out interviews ever.
I thought he performed quite well. Not exactly Pulitzer Prize winning questions being thrown his way. He was thoughtful and elaborate in his responses.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Great news, and if we got Coniglio it would cancel out any compensation anyway.

And i noticed it said the 2020 contract year would be under the same terms as this year...realistically that would mean it's a low money contract since Casboult didn't have any suitors when he signed it. We'll be getting high performance from Cas but at a bargain price.

But to keep him from leaving, i wonder if we'll up it slightly.
I hope we do .
If anyone deserves it it's the big lug ..

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dennis Armfield's Park Orchards Sharks managed to clinch the final Eastern Footy League Division 1 spot with a win over Wantina South and the fifth placed Upper Ferntree Gully Kings suffering a shock loss to relegates Knox

images

The Manningham Leader has a good write up on the win, with Dennis proving what a great player-coach he has proven to me.

It's an annoying website to navigate for posting links, but you will find it easily enough if you just use the search engine.

He has made a big impression at that footy club, has our Dennis. What a quality person !!!

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Dennis Armfield's Park Orchards Sharks managed to clinch the final Eastern Footy League Division 1 spot with a win over Wantina South and the fifth placed Upper Ferntree Gully Kings suffering a shock loss to relegates Knox

images

The Manningham Leader has a good write up on the win, with Dennis proving what a great player-coach he has proven to me.

It's an annoying website to navigate for posting links, but you will find it easily enough if you just use the search engine.

He has made a big impression at that footy club, has our Dennis. What a quality person !!!

He has indeed. That’s my local club. Met him at a club function the night we played the bulldogs the 2nd time this year. We sat there watching that last qtr on my phone lol. Absolute gentleman and top bloke. By all accounts the boys love him. Still goes alright too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kruezing

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

images

Ah yes ... best steak knives ever ...

Yes if Lloyd is saying it’s 50-50 to get all three then it means it’s 80% to get each player individually which is pretty high. In reality it’s probably Martin 90% Cogs 80% and Papley 70% - that would be 50% all 3 happening.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You must be kidding, that's way too complex for Lloyd to work it out :eek:

I hear what you’re saying, however as good as he’s been Teaguey has served as a catalyst, but does not represent the Messiah who has achieved the footballing equivalent of turning water into wine. ....
100% agree, the talent is there, just needed a bit of adjustment.

With regards to Lloyds article or what he said, Carlton can make the 8 next year if they pick up Cogs, Papley and Martin. That is not really a huge statement. I feel without those 3 and with a good run with regards to injuries, we should realistically be pushing for the 8 especially if the competition is as even as this year. With those 3, not making the 8 would be a poor result.

I reckon these views undersell Teague's achievements tbh.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
He has indeed. That’s my local club. Met him at a club function the night we played the bulldogs the 2nd time this year. We sat there watching that last qtr on my phone lol. Absolute gentleman and top bloke. By all accounts the boys love him. Still goes alright too

He also won the AFL's Jim Shines community award for his work with Odysessy House.

He became one of the main whipping boys/scapegoats in his early years to a firm fan favourite, if not cult figure at Carlton.

Gotta love Dennis 💙💙💙

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Absolute gem of a bloke. And can still move real quick 😂😂😂

Abby (his wife) and his parents attend all the Park Orchards games home and Away. What a close, stalwart family they are.

Love the fact Dennis helps our the women's and Colts team as well when he can.

If The Sharks win their first final against Bayswater, I will try attend the rest of their finals. I have bought into the Park Orchards bandwagon big-time !!!

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Abby (his wife) and his parents attend all the Park Orchards games home and Away. What a close, stalwart family they are.

Love the fact Dennis helps our the women's and Colts team as well when he can.

If The Sharks win their first final against Bayswater, I will try attend the rest of their finals. I have bought into the Park Orchards bandwagon big-time !!!

Good boy. Beers at my house first haha. Yeah he does though help out with the juniours when he can. My sons team trains before the seniors and Dennis always has a bit of a kick with the kids

Bordertoon

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2017
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Glasgow Rangers
I reckon these views undersell Teague's achievements tbh.

That wasn’t my intention at all JB, but I get how it could have come across that way.

Just to be clear, in my mind Teaguey has undoubtably done a terrific job, and has been appropriately rewarded for doing so by securing the permanent gig. My point though is that a coach - any coach - can’t do or achieve more than his or her players are capable of at a particular moment in time, and relative to Bolts imo Teaguey has benefited from coming to the helm at a time when our list rebuild was much closer to taking off, for which Brendon can take a significant slice of the credit in my view.

By way of analogy, I suppose I see the coach as being dealt a series of hands at given moments in time, and his or her job is then to play those hands as best they can, in order to extract the maximum amount of value out of the cards available to them. Over time, I see the hands being dealt to the Blues coach as getting progressively stronger, as the rebuild has gathered pace (both off and on the field). Did Bolts stuff up a few hands, and lose his way somewhat, towards the end of his tenure? Evidently so, and like many other posters on here I argued as much over the last month or two leading up to his dismissal, when in my view his position became untenable. Has Teaguey played his hands to date brilliantly well? Absolutely, I would say, and if he continues to do so in 2020 then finals next year are definitely not out of the question imo.

Ben Dixon said on the Don't Argue podcast/show(/betting ad?) that he reckons Charlie, Harry & Mitch will snag 120 between them next year.
he keeps that kind of talk up I could almost forgive him for 2001...........yeah almost............

Did anybody watch the press conference with JSOS, he needs media training bad that has to be one of the most painful and dragged out interviews ever.

I find he's always been one of our most articulate and giving players in front of the media. He impresses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back