Opinion The Club and the way they communicate with us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to like interviews so if its communication you want why don't you see if you can get a club representative to come on once a week on social media/website and have a question and answer session with members.
I think I remember there was a rep from the club that posted here once that was asking for feedback and suggestions, it was a fair while ago though.

As for your point I like it.... it wouldn't even have to be a Q and A with the members, as Aussiemac82 has suggested they could let the players drive the twitter or instagram once or twice a week, I know Cat Attack08 has tweeted to the club being critical of the lack of information we get from them and it wasn't received overly well.
Suggesting things is one thing... getting anything to happen is another

What harm could it do to ask? I would be happy with past players as well. Mooney might be up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I remember there was a rep from the club that posted here once that was asking for feedback and suggestions, it was a fair while ago though.

As for your point I like it.... it wouldn't even have to be a Q and A with the members, as Aussiemac82 has suggested they could let the players drive the twitter or instagram once or twice a week, I know Cat Attack08 has tweeted to the club being critical of the lack of information we get from them and it wasn't received overly well.
Suggesting things is one thing... getting anything to happen is another
you seem to have the gift of the gab, give it a shot. When i said club rep i had in mind anyone from player, coach or admin

What harm could it do to ask? I would be happy with past players as well. Mooney might be up for it.

Should get Ninty to ask the Moon Dog... pretty sure he knows him....

Ninty can you ask him if he would consider being part of a Q&A for BF?

you seem to have the gift of the gab, give it a shot. When i said club rep i had in mind anyone from player, coach or admin
I'm not sure if this is a compliment or a slap :confused:

Poor communication could easily lead to a decrease due to people becoming disenchanted with the club....... where better communication would have no negative implications

Which is why I have no idea why you are arguing this point so hard.... especially since you have stated several times that you don't care
I don't care where I get told news first. That's what I don't care about. I do care about the club prospering into the future.

I take your point about no negative implications so if people want the communication to be better. Fine.

I argue that there is no evidence to support this having membership implications. So if it does improve, it should have negligible influence on memberships.

Further more I argue that it won't help achieve the mooted target of 60k members, which I think is overreaching in the immediate term. We're very fortunate we have a good yield per seat at KP.

Just asked Cam Mooney on Twitter . See if get a response tomorrow.

would be great if he or anyone was up for it.

Imagine if we could show the club up haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clubs digital and social media manager Tom Peeters did have a account here on BigFooty many moons ago was meant to be a way of getting feedback to the club, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside

That's not a club problem,it's the s**t company that make them.You think their footy DVDs are bad,watch a season review DVD of the V8 Supercars.They butcher those too.
I think it's all afl licensed so every club has merchandise from the same source, except jumpers which I think clubs can have different manufacturers.

I've searched the cats injury program on Google and have taken screenshots from about 6 randomly selected rounds.

All but 1 screenshot is from 2014, the other is from 2013. Happy to post them to prove they do discuss injuries.

Now the new injuries are discussed, giving the fans an update on their condition. From the 5-6 rounds I watched they seem to also discuss any players injury that actually has something to update us on.

They're not going to discuss Menzel every week for example as it's unlikely there will be an update every week.

Those weekly injury lists, coupled with the website verbal discussions, are generally adequate.
However, it's my recollection that they don't always show the full set of lists, sometimes they flash them across while they are talking about someone else, sometimes missing players are not on any of the lists, sometimes the lists don't square up with the comments, and sometimes they simply don't list or discuss some players who according to media reports are under an injury cloud for the following game.
And, of course, what Scott says in his weekday pressers is often quite different to the comments or listings in the injury updates.
I suspect a failure of communication between the injury report guys and the blokes who print the list and the coach.
They just need to do it more systematically and professionally.

Last edited:
Those weekly injury lists, coupled with the website verbal discussions, are generally adequate.
However, it's my recollection that they don't always show the full set of lists, sometimes they flash them across while they are talking about someone else, sometimes missing players are not on any of the lists, sometimes the lists don't square up with the comments, and sometimes they simply don't list or discuss some players who according to media reports are under an injury cloud for the following game.
And, of course, what Scott says in his weekday pressers is often quite different to the comments or listings in the injury updates.
I suspect a failure of communication between the injury report guys and the blokes who print the list and the coach.
They just need to do it more systematically and professionally.
Tbh what Scott says in his PC about injured players id take with a grain of salt. He often doesn't seem to have a clue what is wrong with the player (medically) and I've heard him say just that in his pressers.

Never really noticed that myself tbh and I'd suspect that any player not on that list wouldn't be one of the 'star' players as that would be news, reported in papers, afl, football programs etc. but that's usually because when I seek out the injury list it's not the club website I seek for that info.

Now again tbh if a non afl team player were to be injured and not on that list I wouldn't bother to find out what's wrong with them, not worth the effort.

My care factor with injured players ends with my either the afl team or my supercoach team anyone else is meh and again me knowing or not knowing is irrelevant to me, won't make them heal quicker. I do understand it might frustrate others though.

But I will try and take notice of it this year.:) as contrary to what may be believed here I'm not averse to communication improving, I disagree it will affect memberships positively.

Last edited:
The clubs digital and social media manager Tom Peeters did have a account here on BigFooty many moons ago was meant to be a way of getting feedback to the club, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside
The official word was "Unfortunately we are the smallest resourced of all the AFL digital depts and as such can struggle to hit as many bass as we would like".

Other clubs have official accounts on BigFooty with thousands of posts.

The official word was "Unfortunately we are the smallest resourced of all the AFL digital depts and as such can struggle to hit as many bass as we would like".

Other clubs have official accounts on BigFooty with thousands of posts.

So the club response is finically based - albeit a while ago.

Id suggest with the number of segments that have appeared on the website over the last year that the money and resources for Digital media has expended - at least in 2014.

And we have just posted a 250k loss.

Don't see a change on the instant news media front any time soon.

Go Catters

So the club response is finically based - albeit a while ago.

Id suggest with the number of segments that have appeared on the website over the last year that the money and resources for Digital media has expended - at least in 2014.

And we have just posted a 250k loss.

Don't see a change on the instant news media front any time soon.

Go Catters
Especially with that tax kicking this season which we proportionally pay more than the bigger clubs. Good thing we got that 8th KP game.

Can't remember was there a special reason we posted a loss?

Especially with that tax kicking this season which we proportionally pay more than the bigger clubs. Good thing we got that 8th KP game.

Can't remember was there a special reason we posted a loss?

7 home games and paying 300k on our 1.2 million dollar profit. As opposed to the Pies and Hawks paying 500k on their 5.2 million droller profits.

Equalisation at its finest. o_O:rolleyes::mad:

Go Catters

7 home games and paying 300k on our 1.2 million dollar profit. As opposed to the Pies and Hawks paying 500k on their 5.2 million droller profits.

Equalisation at its finest. o_O:rolleyes::mad:

Go Catters
I wonder why....

Carter. Not a part of the committee who brought this in.

Newbold and McGuire. Yes a part of that committee.

But there's no conflicting interests to see here:rolleyes:

It's not the rich looking after the poor, it's the slightly less poor looking after the poor.

Newbold and McGuire should run for parliament:straining:

The tempation for a judicious edit is too good to refuse.
To be fair I defend him at times and yet I admit he has no clue here, as does he on many occasions.

He's not a doctor after all, and he's only trying answer a question to the best of his ability and is up front when he says he doesn't know exactly what is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back