Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: It's time...to dig into the why

Remove this Banner Ad

Sums it up really. Don't listen to fellow supporters but eats club propaganda and twitter opinions like a hungry hippo.
Spewing TK didn't spell it like that Essendon supporter that Proper Gander got her username from.

I mean this Hoyney bloke is Sandra Sully with the late news. Anyone with half a brain would have known that we were never a remote chance of being in premiership contention this year.

You're winning nothing with this same game plan weve had since 2022. We've adjusted and tweaked it for the worse this year.
Not to mention, I’ve got Twitter. I mean I can read it all on my own if inclined rather than have my choices removed by it being spammed at me

Not to mention, I’ve got Twitter. I mean I can read it all on my own if inclined rather than have my choices removed by it being spammed at me
I liked this post simply because you didn't call it 'x'

I liked this post simply because you didn't call it 'x'
Deeply embarrassing but it was only relatively recently that I became aware of the new x label.

Embarrassed for them. It’s like when Coca Cola rebranded Diet Coke to Coke Zero (successfully) because the diet label was stopping men from buying the product.

It’s like they had a big meeting with a whiteboard, arrows and circles and decided that X has a better expected penis score than “Twitter”

Deeply embarrassing but it was only relatively recently that I became aware of the new x label.

Embarrassed for them. It’s like when Coca Cola rebranded Diet Coke to Coke Zero (successfully) because the diet label was stopping men from buying the product.

It’s like they had a big meeting with a whiteboard, arrows and circles and decided that X has a better expected penis score than “Twitter”
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Once you notice the for-men marketing shit it's ****ing hilarious. Sure marketing people are vapid pieces of shit, but they have good data on the average dickhead, and apparently I need my products that aren't 100% manly by nature to have some kind of manly colour on the label and a reassuringly aggressive adjective attached until I'm not sure if my hair gel is going to king-hit me or something.

Not going to lie I lost track of where this was heading because I am meant to be finishing off some w***er's presso but got stuck drinking cheap Aldi gin and shitposting.

The last gameplan was stale af. Now the very slightly new gameplan isn't working. No s*! Because we haven't got the list to be able to pull it off. List needs a fair tweak. Probably two offseasons could turn it around, but i can see the idiot hierarchy still believing we can win it with what we have. But the truth is we just got owned by the 3rd worst team in the comp. The mids got bullied and the gameplan was easily accounted for by a coach who has barely got close to winning in 3 years. This could get ugly fast if we don't treat this game as a watermark moment and get the f* moving on change.

tbf to twitter, one guy bought it and thought it'd be a good penis flex to rebrand and gut the website (and maybe unban all his mates or people he wants to follow because he owns the site now)

Once you notice the for-men marketing s*t it's ****** hilarious. Sure marketing people are vapid pieces of s**t, but they have good data on the average dickhead, and apparently I need my products that aren't 100% manly by nature to have some kind of manly colour on the label and a reassuringly aggressive adjective attached until I'm not sure if my hair gel is going to king-hit me or something.

Not going to lie I lost track of where this was heading because I am meant to be finishing off some w***er's presso but got stuck drinking cheap Aldi gin and shitposting.
I didn’t know Aldi stocked gin, and I know now and it’s your fault.

Woman v Man marketing strategies are pretty hilarious though. People have been selling face creams to moisture skin for decades to women. Soft, supple, reduces ageing.

The same stuff is rebranded for men now, but as heavy duty skin protectorant! Any sun tries to get past that baby and it gets king hit into the stars!

No idea whether this marketing works, but it’s charming watching the effort. Also how deeply manly a product looks in a black container

I didn’t know Aldi stocked gin, and I know now and it’s your fault.

Woman v Man marketing strategies are pretty hilarious though. People have been selling face creams to moisture skin for decades to women. Soft, supple, reduces ageing.

The same stuff is rebranded for men now, but as heavy duty skin protectorant! Any sun tries to get past that baby and it gets king hit into the stars!

No idea whether this marketing works, but it’s charming watching the effort. Also how deeply manly a product looks in a black container
I installed a black vanity thingy in the ensuite and now I can't see any of my products!

Right, so on Aldi. They used to have all sorts of cheap shit and it was all good. Now it's hit and miss but if you're as basic as me, the Darley's is the cheap as **** English style one that is way better than ****ing Gordons and about the same as the regular shit other English ones but half the price.

The Illusionist shit is all ****ing rubbish so avoid that. I heard the knock off Roku Japanese one is ok but haven't tried it. Aldi don't seem to have a knock off decent tonic though so you'll have to find that elsewhere.

I have an elite selection of fruit trees so I can find something that'll pair with anything so I reckon I am less fussy for that reason and not because I am a ****ing degenerate.

It's a pure Musk initiative. Apparently he's been obsessed with 'X' related branding for ages and tried to cram it into everything he's ever been involved with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pure Musk initiative. Apparently he's been obsessed with 'X' related branding for ages and tried to cram it into everything he's ever been involved with.
Figures.

An obsession with x branding feels a bit kinky.

I installed a black vanity thingy in the ensuite and now I can't see any of my products!

Right, so on Aldi. They used to have all sorts of cheap s*t and it was all good. Now it's hit and miss but if you're as basic as me, the Darley's is the cheap as heck English style one that is way better than ****** Gordons and about the same as the regular s**t other English ones but half the price.

The Illusionist s*t is all ****** rubbish so avoid that. I heard the knock off Roku Japanese one is ok but haven't tried it. Aldi don't seem to have a knock off decent tonic though so you'll have to find that elsewhere.

I have an elite selection of fruit trees so I can find something that'll pair with anything so I reckon I am less fussy for that reason and not because I am a ******* degenerate.
If you are a gin fan with fruit trees, try and get hold of a Kaffir lime tree. It’s the non negotiable best fruit with gin, and useless for anything other than belting around to make a Thai curry paste (where it is also non negotiable). The only thing you can’t do is use it like a regular lime for juicing. It’s dry and that doesn’t work.

These things apparently take years from seed to fruit so try and get hold of a cutting from a real tree that is already established. I found one by accident at some random nursery place for 90 dollars which turns out to be a bargain

My question is why is Sparrow never dropped to find form. He had 2 effective disposals in the first half against West Coast / bottom 4 side playing as a midfielder.

I reckon even I could do better than that if Goodie gave me a run but watch this week, he will be first 18 picked again.

Got to feel for blokes like AMW and Sestan tearing it up unrewarded in the VFL while plodders like Sparrow get a run week in week out.

My question is why is Sparrow never dropped to find form. He had 2 effective disposals in the first half against West Coast / bottom 4 side playing as a midfielder.

I reckon even I could do better than that if Goodie gave me a run but watch this week, he will be first 18 picked again.

Got to feel for blokes like AMW and Sestan tearing it up unrewarded in the VFL while plodders like Sparrow get a run week in week out.
There you go, something we (mostly) agree on. There's no doubting that Goodwin has his favourites – ones that have a longer leash (i.e. Sparrow), ones that don't have to go through the VFL despite not demonstrating strong form for multiple seasons (i.e. Salem), ones that get rushed back from injury for no good reason whatsoever (i.e. Spargo) and ones that are on their 15th 'last chance' (i.e. Brown).

But Sparrow played really well in one practise match :think: I was told then to apologise for ever doubting him, and that he was going to prove a lot of people wrong

I hope Sparrow was hauled into the coaches office with a please explain . We were losing the game , Reid pulling our pants down , and here he is poking his tongue out and smiling . WHY ? . Smacks of a bloke satisfied with his medal and that's it .
I bet Sparrow gets a pass .

Full segment is here from about 39 minutes in.

Talks about how inaccurate goal kicking cost us last year and how we've changed our style this year but it's not working. (Trigger warning for people who don't understand expected score and don't think our style has changed)

"This isn't us, and this isn't working"

Full on Footy Analysis with Champion Data's Daniel Hoyne - Round 10

Thanks for sharing. I actually found that so interesting.

I wrote something in another thread about the new gameplan faltering and whether Goody will stick fat to it or go back to what was generally successful over the past few years.

Having so many key players out of form doesn't help bed down a new way of playing of course so who knows what the right path is.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks for sharing. I actually found that so interesting.

I wrote something in another thread about the new gameplan faltering and whether Goody will stick fat to it or go back to what was generally successful over the past few years.

Having so many key players out of form doesn't help bed down a new way of playing of course so who knows what the right path is.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon part of the reason why the midfield especially is out of form is they're being asked to play a game style that doesn't suit them at all. We've recruited heavily for the contested clearance/high inside 50 style, but now we're asking them to play a more outside, patient, accurate kick and mark style that they don't have the disposal skills for.

Add that onto the lack (so far) of managing players or handling injuries properly, and to me it looks like a confused and sore playing group.

But Sparrow played really well in one practise match :think: I was told then to apologise for ever doubting him, and that he was going to prove a lot of people wrong
Danster getting banned from the board has been a blessing in disguise for him, hard times for fanboy's of Sparrow and Oliver this year.

Diet Coke still exists actually; it's the low-sugar variant of Coca-cola. Coke Zero is the sugar-free variant.

You're thinking of a different coca cola variant that Coke Zero successfully replaced, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is and it's driving me bonkers.

Diet Coke is fantastic by the way, especially Diet Coke with Lime.

Danster getting banned from the board has been a blessing in disguise for him, hard times for fanboy's of Sparrow and Oliver this year.
Hasn't fazed him – he's in the GDTs on the main board every week arguing with neutrals as to why Oliver is clearly better than Petracca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back