List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Annual reminder to all to try and remember how trade week actually works - e.g. players in contract won't be delisted, unless they are to be re-rookied or picked up elsewher as DFA - and also to have a look at Page 1 of the thread if unsure of contract status.

Re-Sign - Jacko (ha!), Hunt, Melk, Hibberd, Bedford

Delist - Rosman, MBrown, Baker

Open to being traded in some way, shape or form - Dunstan, BBrown, TMac, Tomlinson, Rivers, Chandler, ANB, Spargo, Jordon, Weid

Recently re-signed so irrelevant to discuss: Laurie, J.Smith, D.Smith, Moniz-Wakefield, Howes, Turner, McVee, Woewodin

Keep in all circumstances - Viney, Langdon, Brayshaw, Fritsch, Salem, Oliver, Petracca, Gawn, May, Lever, Petty, JVR, Bowey, Harmes, Sparrow, Pickett
Good contract guide here: Melbourne Demons AFL Player Contracts

Baker literally the last one left, with Lamb having confirmed Melk & Hibbo get 1 more.

Please delist him today and put a nice ribbon trade week.

Joel Smith contracted to end of 2024, Luke Dunstan 2023

MELBOURNE’S Michael Hibberd and Jake Melksham have been rewarded for their 2022 efforts, each earning a one-year contract extension with the club.

Hibberd i get , Melksham not so much .

Hi all, I've updated the OP with all of last year's draftees and all of this year's re-signings. If anything seems incorrect, let me know.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remaining OOC:

Andy Moniz-Wakefield (R)
Jake Melksham
James Jordon
Kye Turner (R)
Luke Dunstan

Deakyn Smith & Pig already gone. Grundy, Harmes, JJ all likely gone.

Lampers, your thoughts on whether Kye Turner and AMZ are likely to be extended?

Remaining OOC:

Andy Moniz-Wakefield (R)
Jake Melksham
James Jordon
Kye Turner (R)
Luke Dunstan

Deakyn Smith & Pig already gone. Grundy, Harmes, JJ all likely gone.

Lampers, your thoughts on whether Kye Turner and AMZ are likely to be extended?
I reckon AMZ showed enough to get an extension. But the team is pretty well stocked for small-medium forwards, even more so if McAdam arrives.

K.Turner didn’t show enough due to injury, so that might save him.

The number of list spots required will come down to what players Melbourne bring in through trade and free agency, and how many draft picks they want to use in this draft.

No point culling 8 players if it means you’re using pick 78 to put someone on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back