The Crows Terrible Towel - will it catch on?

Will you take the towel to future Crows games?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

n4sir

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Miami Dolphins
As an avid follower of the NFL, I have noticed the Crows take a cue from the other side of the Pacific for some of their crowd involvement. First it was the 19th man, which seemed to be heavily influenced by the Seattle Seahawks 12th man...

.... now for round 1 we have the towel for Crows season members, which in turn seems to be a nod to the famous Pittsburgh Terrible Towel:

Terrible_Towel_crowd.jpg

I have to admit, when channel 7's Elspeth Hussy (sigh :$) got the stadium to all wave the towels it did look kind of impressive (not as impressive as the Mexican wave at the Showdown Final which was awesome, but still kinda cool).

I asked my best friend, who is a Crows member from the very beginning if he was going to bring them to future games to wave, and he said "yea, nah, I don't think so."

What do others think? Will it catch on and people take them for future home games? Do people think it was just concidentally something to use during the stinking hot, humid, ******* Bombay-like day? Do people think it's too American?

I wish we wouldn't do this sort of gimmicky s**t. Just be a hard nut, uncompromising club dedicated to ultimate success on and off the field and that would be enough to ensure memberships and income.

Some people might like this stuff but it's a bit plastic for my liking. Blatantly ripping off the traditions of overseas sporting clubs ala Never Tear Us Apart or 19th man always looks a bit desperate and void of imagination.

I wish we wouldn't do this sort of gimmicky s**t. Just be a hard nut, uncompromising club dedicated to ultimate success on and off the field and that would be enough to ensure memberships and income.

Some people might like this stuff but it's a bit plastic for my liking. Blatantly ripping off the traditions of overseas sporting clubs ala Never Tear Us Apart or 19th man always looks a bit desperate and void of imagination.
I agree but looking around, it appeals to lots of people. That seems to be their market.

I'm not a fan of any gimmick
Spontaneous stuff like Sheedy and the jacket wave are great but I don't like contrived stuff.

I find most marketing things these days are pretty rubbish

I'm a bit " do it if it floats your boat" .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the towel - very handy to have on the most disgustingly humid day I've ever experienced for a footy match in Adelaide. Probably won't use it again, but was good on the day.

When McGovern kicked that dribbling goal in the 3rd quarter, I found myself wishing that I had an extra towel ;)

we're not going to bring a microfiber flannel to another game. if anybody expected us to, that person should be fired.

I appreciate the effort, and due to the heat they came in very handy but it was a miss for mine. Most people around me figured it was simply for the heat.

I thought it was a winner.

Both waving it around which looked cool when whole ground joined in and the fact it was 34 degrees it came in very handy.

That being said not sure you'd bring it in middle of June when it's 7 degrees at night.
Wrap around your hot thermos!

Back