The Definitive List of "Hated" Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay Thomas, sniper, feet first protected species
Ballantyne, although he took a good hit, which in some ways redeems him in my eyes
Buddy, poser, kick 2.7 again please
Dale Thomas, another poser
Pav, tiny bit over rated
the entire Carlton list
Jesse White, spud

Adelaide - Walker
Brisbane - Rockliff
Carlton - Betts, ROBINSON, Waite
Collingwood - the saviour of humanity Harry O, toughest man on earth Nick Maxwell, Pendlebury's head, Chris Tarrant, Dawes
Essendon - thug Hocking, Hird
Freo - McPhee
GWS - Conilgio has more than a healthy appreciation for himself
Geelong - Lonergan is the biggest cheat in the AFL, 20 times worse than Dawson
GC - Brown
Hawthorn - Lewis, Gibson
Melbourne - Moloney, Clarke
North - Ziebell, HARVEY
Port - Hitchcock, Rodan, Ebert X2
Richmond - McGuane
St Kilda - Riewoldt, Kozi, Schneider
Sydney - Kennedy
West Coast - Adam Selwood
WB - I can understand why people would dislike Gia

Really, Lonergan, Ziebell and Keneddy seem like the strangest choices, why would you dislike them?

Leroy Jetta. Was a w***er when I played him in school footy, his couple of recent dives haven't helped the case much either!

Of course Hayden Ballantyne as well.

Taylor Walker. Taken a disliking to him mainly due to that stupid mullet. Who does he think he is, Dermie? Seems like a bit of a tosser

Wellingham. Always get the impression he doesn't give it his all, maybe a bit lazy (not that I could do better of course). Looks weird and has a weird name too.

Podsiadly. Don't like the look of him. Got a stoned expression. Always tears the Hawks up.

Harry O'Brien. Terrible footballer. Shockingly annoying personality.

Scott Thompson. Seems to think he's the dog's balls, tough guy. Watching Buddy kick 13 goals on him made me pity him.

Most hated player of all time - Greg Williams

campbell brown for me. cheap sniper. (not isolated towards this incident) but i remember he slid in on his knees at o'keefes ribs whilst he was on the ground, and the ball was probably 2-3 metres in front of him. brown obviously had no intention of getting the footy, but to try and enhance his reputation as a 'hard man' :rolleyes:

Brown's always been a coward. Lloyd's last game was the perfect demonstration. Makes threatening gestures but doesn't have the balls to actually do anything. If you're so outraged at least take a swing at him. Doubt he's ever touched anyone in his life who was looking.

There's plenty of things to hate about Maxwell, even his little goatee is enough of a reason not to like him (oddly enough being Collingwood captain has almost nothing to do with my not liking him)

Same here. Don't care that he's captain, it's got nothing to do with it. It's not Collingwood either, as guys like Pendlebury I've got nothing but admiration for.

It's a very simple reason - he's a s**t footballer, has read an Anthony Robbins book and thinks he's a leader of men. You've got to laugh at an apparently elite defender who can't control known forward Jimmy Bartel in a Grand Final. Assclown.

Same here. Don't care that he's captain, it's got nothing to do with it. It's not Collingwood either, as guys like Pendlebury I've got nothing but admiration for.

It's a very simple reason - he's a s**t footballer, has read an Anthony Robbins book and thinks he's a leader of men. You've got to laugh at an apparently elite defender who can't control known forward Jimmy Bartel in a Grand Final. Assclown.

So you're saying Jimmy B is fair s**t and you don't really rate his GF game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Harry O was a leader of men.

Oh wait, carry on.

scott thompson.jpeg

This jaw has either been broken several times, or has the dianabol effect, no one is naturally that ugly
Please add Josh Hunt for being romper stomper, and Tex Walker for being a complete tool and a danger to every player in the comp

I thought Brock McLean wasn't liked very much, same with Scully. It may just be around Melbourne but I dunno. It seems like Lynden Dunn isn't liked that much by other clubs.

Carlton- Gibbs.Just cos of how soft he is.
Collingwood- Thomas.
Essendon- Stanton, Hurley and Riemers.
Geelong- Selwood, Bartel, Hunt, Enright, Steve Johnson.
Richmond- Riewoldt.
Sydney- O'Keefe and Reid.

*Edited a fix.

Most of the most hated players I dare say would also be some of the most liked players around.

In my memory these are the players I have heard friends or others say they hate (with a max of 4 in each because I can't be stuffed doing more);

(My picks are in bold)

Adelaide: Thompson, Walker, Johncock
Brisbane: McGrath, Patfull, Brown, Black
Carlton: Judd, Robinson, Betts, McLean
Collingwood: Thomas, Didak, Maxwell, O'Brien
Essendon: Jetta, Reimers, McVeigh, Monfries
Fremantle: Ballantyne, Dawson, Mayne
Geelong: Scarlett, Johnson, Hawkins, Milburn
GC: Brown
GWS: Scully, O'hAlpin, Cornes, Brogan
Hawthorn: Lewis, Osborne, Mitchell, Bateman
Melbourne: Jurrah, Green, Sylvia, Clark
North: Firrito, Harvey, McMahon, Thomas
Port: Cornes, Brogan, Motlop, Pierce
Richmond: Riewoldt, King, Nahas
Saints: Riewoldt, Milne, Baker
Swans: McGlynn, Goodes, O'Keefe
Dogs: Minson, Sherman
Eagles: Waters, Kerr

As you can see I got lazy near the end of the list..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back