Official Team Thread The East Side Hawks S24 Team Thread - Best And Fairest Monday 15th Jan, 6.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

S24 is that u?

200w.webp

Can't wait :D

Fixture is up in post #2 of this thread. We're hosting the Demons starting tomorrow.

I got scratch match fever...

and also a hankering for some Ted Nugent.

We were so preoccupied recruiting we forgot to send our new blokes out for a warm up.

Fixture is up in post #2 of this thread. We're hosting the Demons starting tomorrow.

We were so preoccupied recruiting we forgot to send our new blokes out for a warm up.

No warmup needed. We'll scorch the Demons anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like the only practice they are gonna get is my air guitar seminar.

RIP new guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

342616_f53e6db422c3e6314ccc61c1a929afc3.png
Screenshot 2017-08-07 11.52.29.png

Hi there, hope you've had a good start of the week, a comprehensive victory over the Demons gets us off to a great start for Season 24, with the Hawks on the winners list, MOTR this week and what will be the first of many, weekly qooty updates :)

Firstly, the debuts...Congratulations to BRAB on his first game at Full Forward, chiming in with a cheeky 3 snags to start what should be the beginnings of a lively contest for the Fred Medal. Another first game for the Hawks, congratulations to DapperJong, who dominated the midfield battle, with 18 possessions and 77 DreamTeam points, and in the match thread...mainly both. An awesome effort by spookism helped lead the Hawks to victory, putting in a fine shift on his Hawks debut, and having to take up Ruck duties during the game, even while on a self proclaimed holiday. Marklar_33 's first game for the Hawks saw him fulfil the niggling small forward role whose one jab in the guts away from a Scarlett like sucker-punch, nevertheless the experienced veteran soldiered on without fear of his flustered and angry opponent (probably Jum, let's be honest), and put in a shift that his Mum would be very proud of. Last but not least, former Gold City veteran, Coney Island Captain and Icon, BigJoeD_ made a dramatic start to existence as a Hawk, kicking his first goal for the club early and finishing with 11 disposals, all the while, whilst scientifically proving why sante should stop.

Loonerty put in an excellent shift in his first game as Vice Captain for the Hawks, accumulating a team high 89 Dream Team points, whilst Brown Bottle was a brick wall in defence and instigated many scoring chains from the back half with his 16 disposals. Meanwhile Club legend larrikin and one of the best rookies from S22 Agent93 chipped in with 2 goals each. But without a doubt, the man on fire this Sunday was Karnezis_13 , almost singlehandedly leading the Hawks to victory with the biggest stat-line of the week, we expect this level of performance every week now old fella.

On to the Roys at Brunswick Junction this week which I reckon has always been one of the more enjoyable match threads to get involved in, let's make it 2 from 2.

Great write-up that, tgrs.

I particularly enjoyed this most accurate of summaries:

Last but not least, former Gold City veteran, Coney Island Captain and Icon, BigJoeD_

vincemcmahonwalkout.gif

Meanwhile Club legend larrikin and one of the best rookies from S22 Agent93 chipped in with 2 goals each.
I'd like it to be noted that I didn't have to take any marks to get my 2.1 - none of these set shot gimmes, just pure an unadulterated on the run goodness.

342616_f53e6db422c3e6314ccc61c1a929afc3.png

Screenshot 2017-08-07 17.53.10.png
I'm back with some posting statistics, working out the averages took a fair while...

Right off the mark TFW and Loons, the Captain and Vice-Captain dominated the Demons throughout the course of their 91 and 41 posts respectively. BRAB likes this team so much he whipped out 37 posts in round 1, whilst familiar faces (to other hawks from previous seasons) Agent93 , Eagling and Brown Bottle all helped accelerate the demons downhill skiing woes to the tune of a light breeze on Sunday being a stronger opposition. Good to see league legends Biggie , Karnezis_13 and larrikin up and about too​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back