The First Record You Ever Bought

Remove this Banner Ad

ah my you are a baby!! I was leaving school when you were born! But you started young at the records!!

I was 6 or 7 when I bought mine :eek:

Memory is hazy but I recall buying the Eve Of The War single and think it was my first.
Started in earnest with the early 80's and new wave.

Chezwick said:
Aww, I feel so small now :p

You feel small? I have never bought a record... The first CD I bought was Danni Minogue "This is it" and I was probably only like 3 at the time myself...

PS Grim... Vanilla Ice... that is awesome!

Ashli said:
PS Grim... Vanilla Ice... that is awesome!

Yeah I used to know the words to Ice Ice Baby off by heart. Probably still do. I'm surprised you would remember him... you know ... back when he was cool.

I only really know Ice Ice Baby (maddest song). Everyone has to know Ice Ice Baby it is like Can't Touch This (were parachute pants really cool in those days????)

Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare. (although have a dim recollection of buying a couple of dodgy singles for my sister for a late 60's Xmas - a Johnny Farnham number and The Pushbike Song by The Mixtures!

(Lady L - just reading your "January" post has got the song going round 'n round my head:mad: )

Mum started buying me records from about age 3 - first out of my own money (birthday cash) was A Matter of Time, Railroad Gin !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first CD that I brought, was Human Nature when I was young. I used to love listening to their "Telling Everybody" song.

My 12 year old discovered In a Gadda when it was featured in Supernatural...a gr8 show with an awesome soundtrack ! God bless Dean's taste in music and thank the lord Sam never gets to pick !
Everytime the box of tapes comes out in an episode it's like ooh what little gem from the past are we going to hear this epispode...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back