Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

dam good footballer too
It is a good example though of the lack of overall intelligence in humans and the often confused perception of the human brain.
If we can't recognise an AFL footballer on an AFL website,how are we to accept any understanding of the greater universe.

Last edited:
No we won't.
The human teacher part,100%. It's just a basic,simple profession that humans will move beyond,like many other professions. This will be a huge improvement on the education system we currently work under.

I did say there may be adjustments to the current flat earth theories,but with those adjustments,as we know,I put those figures at 60-70%.
I have heard figures bandied around that the chances our current system being taught in schools is a one in a billion chance of being correct,which makes my 60-70% very concervative indeed.

In twenty years time,we will be teaching the flat earth models in school. Not by human teachers, which will be a huge improvement and we will benefit from that greatly.
How much it differs to the model being presented here we will have to wait and see.
If you believe that, you're officially off your rocker.

You might wnat to get your eyes checked or do better research before going with the insults,the pictures Lin Jong,you know....the footballer.
You do realise he was talking about darth_timon's avatar not your avatar. Pretty obvious I would have thought by the fact he even mentioned him in the post and not your name, pretty embarrassing for somebody who thinks they are as smart as you seem to think you are.

Might want to get your eyes checked, pretty sure Lin Jong looks nothing like a cartoon meerkat;)

If you believe that, you're officially off your rocker.
You might want to do some research mate if your going to go that strong.
Adjustments to all the flat theories will be made and scientifically confirmed.

You will believe them yourself when they become mainstream. Not thought,one thought, not thought before and all that stuff with some people.

You do realise he was talking about darth_timon's avatar not your avatar. Pretty obvious I would have thought by the fact he even mentioned him in the post and not your name, pretty embarrassing for somebody who thinks they are as smart as you seem to think you are.

Might want to get your eyes checked, pretty sure Lin Jong looks nothing like a cartoon meerkat;)
And darthbards, do those other two people in your avatar believe in a flat Earth too (I'm assuming they're family)?
Who needs what checked now? :huh:

The human teacher part,100%.

It's not going to happen in the next 20 years as you claimed. I'll still be in front of a class, both secondary and tertiary at that time. Indeed the future of education in Victoria was the subject of a recent forum I attended.

It's just a basic,simple profession that humans will move beyond,like many other professions. This will be a huge improvement on the education system we currently work under.

I submit you know very little about the education system, apart from the fact you were probably once part of it as a student. Certainly you know little about how and why curriculum is developed.

I have heard figures bandied around that the chances our current system being taught in schools is a one in a billion chance of being correct,

You better get working on convincing mainstream scientists of the validity of those Flat Earth theories. Science education mirrors the current consensus of mainstream scholarship. Self evidently, the mainstream view of what is accepted knowledge in a discipline has the largest following and as such the most due weight in the scientific literature that is peer reviewed by other science experts in the relevant scientific field. Until then, the various Flat Earth theories will not be part of science education. Flat Earth is a fringe view. If said viewpoint is in the majority, then it should be easy to substantiate it with reference to commonly accepted reference texts.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jan/20/flat-earth-believers-youtube-videos-conspiracy-theorists?CMP=edit_2221

The point actually being, that if your not sure you should try to ascertain the facts via other methods.
Going to drink something that you think is water because it looks like water. Why don't you give it a quick smell?
No sense of smell, grab a pH indicator strip and dip it in. You can now be sure if it is water or hydrochloric acid thanks to the scientific method for creating theories that are then simplified and made available for simpletons to work out the basics.

If you are on a train and it doesnt feel like its traveling at 100km/h would you jump off it? Or would you suddenly become aware that you can't feel a constant velocity, but you can feel acceleration?

Looking at a human you can't see the large intestine. But do you accept that there is enough evidence that nearly every person you will meet will have one? Or do you you need to be able to look at each persons large intestine before you accept it is true?

like i said to you before. i can cut you open and see you inners

hence the eyes test works in said scenario

when the globeheads choose to beleive their brains/eyes, and when they do not is funny and bordering on the hypocritical

It's not going to happen in the next 20 years as you claimed. I'll still be in front of a class, both secondary and tertiary at that time. Indeed the future of education in Victoria was the subject of a recent forum I attended.

I submit you know very little about the education system, apart from the fact you were probably once part of it as a student. Certainly you know little about how and why curriculum is developed.

You better get working on convincing mainstream scientists of the validity of those Flat Earth theories. Science education mirrors the current consensus of mainstream scholarship. Self evidently, the mainstream view of what is accepted knowledge in a discipline has the largest following and as such the most due weight in the scientific literature that is peer reviewed by other science experts in the relevant scientific field. Until then, the various Flat Earth theories will not be part of science education. Flat Earth is a fringe view. If said viewpoint is in the majority, then it should be easy to substantiate it with reference to commonly accepted reference texts.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jan/20/flat-earth-believers-youtube-videos-conspiracy-theorists?CMP=edit_2221

peer reviewed science has offered proof that the universe is a hologram in recent days

how does this empirical evidence stack up with your globe head worldview? if the universe is indeed a hologram then would it not be quite likley the true shape of earth is flat? as some esteemed posters have said already

like i said to you before. i can cut you open and see you inners

hence the eyes test works in said scenario

when the globeheads choose to beleive their brains/eyes, and when they do not is funny and bordering on the hypocritical
So you ignore the train bit because you concede you were wrong? Thats a good start.

And your saying you dont believe that the majority of people you see will have a large intestine unless you cut them open and see it with your own eyes?

peer reviewed science has offered proof that the universe is a hologram in recent days

how does this empirical evidence stack up with your globe head worldview? if the universe is indeed a hologram then would it not be quite likley the true shape of earth is flat? as some esteemed posters have said already
Link to the peer reviewed proof?

It is a good example though of the lack of overall intelligence in humans and the often confused perception of the human brain.
If we can't recognise an AFL footballer on an AFL website,how are we to accept any understanding of the greater universe.
Hilarious. You're questioning my intelligence for mistaking someone on a very small avatar for someone else, when you're telling people here that flat earth will be taught in schools.

Btw, what does your family think about the FE stuff? That's a genuine question, not an insult.

Hilarious. You're questioning my intelligence for mistaking someone on a very small avatar for someone else, when you're telling people here that flat earth will be taught in schools.

Btw, what does your family think about the FE stuff? That's a genuine question, not an insult.

why do you bring his family into it?

no doubt they have been the victim of indoctrination too and hence think its unusual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it hasn't. Not 'proof'. There appears to some 'evidence' for the 'holographic principle' which has been a theory since at least 1997 when physicist Juan Maldacena proposed it. Physicists say they now have observational evidence from the early Universe that fits just as neatly into the so-called hologram principle as it does with the standard Big Bang model, which is still supported by the consensus of scientists working in the relevant fields.

if the universe is indeed a hologram then would it not be quite likley the true shape of earth is flat? as some esteemed posters have said already

The researchers aren't saying we're living in a hologram right now. They're suggesting that in the very early stages of the Universe - a few hundred thousand years after the Big Bang - everything was being projected into three dimensions from a two-dimensional boundary and that there may be some evidence that supports this model. One of the team who claimed to have found evidence, and one of the authors of the study, physicist Niayesh Afshordi from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada said that the evidence that fits their model only applies to the Universe at its very early stages.

"I would say you don’t live in a hologram, but you could have come out of a hologram. [In 2017], there are definitely three dimensions." said Afshordi. "We live in three dimensions, I can [illustrate] it very easily: I can jump up and down, I can go back and forth, I can go left and right. There are three dimensions out there, I can again say that with confidence."

Last edited:
seems to be a good grasp of perturbative superrenormalizable quantum field theory than i so i will accept that clarification,

i hope this is one of the theory's you (or the future robot teachers) will be teaching in class

“We are proposing using this holographic universe, which is a very different model of the Big Bang than the popularly accepted one that relies on gravity and inflation,” explained the study’s lead author, Niayesh Afshordi, a professor of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Waterloo, Canada. “Each of these models makes distinct predictions that we can test as we refine our data and improve our theoretical understanding — all within the next five years.”

Last edited:

I wasn't questioning your intelligence beyond human capabilities,I was pointing to it as a human error which we all make.

I'm not talking about my family online,although you were polite enough in the way you asked. You can rest assured they are told to respect people and their views,even their teachers despite their low ranking in today's society.

Firstly,your obviously rather biased in your opinion and your laughable appraisal in the significance of a 'teacher'. Governments will have no hesitation in implementing new ways to educate which are better and cheaper when available.I've already said that 'teachers' are nothing more than an industry that will be phased out just like any other. It's a worthless industry that will be replaced due to its inadequacies moving forward.

Science will find the evidence required to teach a flat earth theory solely in school. Research is already underway,and this is cutting edge and modern. The leading physicists of today are well aware the universe is nothing like we have previously imagined. One in a billion chance means some are pretty convinced.
And of course the theories will be peer reviewed,duur. Hopefully they will be proven as law,as opposed to the old school theories you can't get your head to escape from.

Who needs what checked now? :huh:
Well that wasn't the quoted post in the post I replied to now was it?

I stopped reading this thread a while ago due to the levels of crazy, but for some reason I came back, nothing has changed.

Well that wasn't the quoted post in the post I replied to now was it?

I stopped reading this thread a while ago due to the levels of crazy, but for some reason I came back, nothing has changed.
As you continued to comment which again paints the picture I'm painting,the human race is not yet very intelligent.
It's ego though is through the roof.

As humans climb the tree of knowledge,the big bang and big round ball theories wil be seen as nothing more than the low hanging fruit.l

Firstly,your obviously rather biased in your opinion and your laughable appraisal in the significance of a 'teacher'. Governments will have no hesitation in implementing new ways to educate which are better and cheaper when available.I've already said that 'teachers' are nothing more than an industry that will be phased out just like any other. It's a worthless industry that will be replaced due to its inadequacies moving forward.

I understand completely how you don't value education, much less know anything about educational trends and the future of education.

Your ready propensity to accept poorly supported conspiracy theories, put forward by those of dubious knowledge or qualifications indicates a poor grasp of critical thinking, as well as a distinct lack of a knowledge or skill to apply reputable evidence to support a theory or hypothesis. This merely indicates just how important the work of those currently involved in education is. We shall soldier on, continuing to push back the darkness of ignorance and gullibility of those to follow.

Science will find the evidence required to teach a flat earth theory solely in school.

I look forward to it. Until then, please refer to my previous comments on the matter.

And of course the theories will be peer reviewed,duur. Hopefully they will be proven as law,as opposed to the old school theories you can't get your head to escape from.

I'll keep that in mind at my next state curriculum planning meeting.

I understand completely how you don't value education, much less know anything about educational trends and the future of education.

Your ready propensity to accept poorly supported conspiracy theories, put forward by those of dubious knowledge or qualifications indicates a poor grasp of critical thinking, as well as a distinct lack of a knowledge or skill to apply reputable evidence to support a theory or hypothesis. This merely indicates just how important the work of those currently involved in education is. We shall soldier on, continuing to push back the darkness of ignorance and gullibility of those to follow.

I look forward to it. Until then, please refer to my previous comments on the matter.

I'll keep that in mind at my next state curriculum planning meeting.
I think your misrepresenting my views on the educational system based around your own misconceptions of the importance of humans in teaching it.

I'm saying humans will be replaced,without the ego,without the laziness. This will be good for the education system, which shows I consider it important and can see where it will be much improved very shortly.

Back