Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

wont play 40 games as a saint is my prediction

sad to see his body failing, hope i am wrong, he is a warrior

He might have had a longer career if the umpires had enforced the rules in a couple of grand finals... was blatantly targeted by the Hawks in 2014 and of course there was Easton Wood (though not deliberate) in 2016.

It seems that going close to winning the Norm Smith in a grand final against a Victorian side turned out to be a career-limiting move for Dan.

He might have had a longer career if the umpires had enforced the rules in a couple of grand finals... was blatantly targeted by the Hawks in 2014 and of course there was Easton Wood (though not deliberate) in 2016.

It seems that going close to winning the Norm Smith in a grand final against a Victorian side turned out to be a career-limiting move for Dan.

If not for the targeting there and from other sides he would still be a swan

Hawks showed how important he was , dogs went beyond the rules

Last edited:
Not sure about most gifted, but certainly most unique player. (Who wins one Brownlow as a ruckman and another as a midfielder?!) Definitely a Bloods legend though.

*Talented, he worked on his game bloody had

True. Few could have worked harder. That said he possessed rare gifts and a terrific footy brain and anticipation. After watching a then skinny kid boot 6 in the U18 GF, I was delighted when we drafted him.

He never let us or the great game down.

From the Cats board:

The intention of getting in Rohan, Kreuger and Jarvis was to bring in more aerial threat in the forward line which is desperately needed. Only Rohan can add immediate effect, I am not sure he adds much defensive pressure, he seems to be out of the play for a lot of the time.

They're starting to wake up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Mitch Marsh is the worst Australian cricketer to get 30 Tests, Rohan must be the worst Bloods player to have played over 100 games.

I can already foresee many posts from puzzled Cats fans as to why he ended up at the Litter Box.

Not sure about most gifted, but certainly most unique player. (Who wins one Brownlow as a ruckman and another as a midfielder?!) Definitely a Bloods legend though.

I definitely think most gifted. I don't think there's ever been a player to possess so many different strengths and weapons up his sleeve. He was a very good tap ruckman, a smart rover at ground level, had blistering pace on the wing and could run all game, took spectacular marks and kicked spectacular goals, he was physically imposing and defied age and time. He may not have achieved the most (though he'd be right up there!) and may not have been the most consistent of all time, but the spectrum of his abilities was so vast that sometimes it was hard to believe he was the same bloke doing two different things in one match. Was there a single football skill that he didn't absolutely master?

I definitely think most gifted. I don't think there's ever been a player to possess so many different strengths and weapons up his sleeve. He was a very good tap ruckman, a smart rover at ground level, had blistering pace on the wing and could run all game, took spectacular marks and kicked spectacular goals, he was physically imposing and defied age and time. He may not have achieved the most (though he'd be right up there!) and may not have been the most consistent of all time, but the spectrum of his abilities was so vast that sometimes it was hard to believe he was the same bloke doing two different things in one match. Was there a single football skill that he didn't absolutely master?
This is how I feel about him.

Gifted not just in his natural skill set, but his physique, his footy smarts, his emotional regulation, his persistence & determination, his humility, his pride, his commitment, his ability to see a bigger picture greater than just footy...

The man is gifted... and a bloody legend.

All true but I so loved watching Plugger ...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Mitch Marsh is the worst Australian cricketer to get 30 Tests, Rohan must be the worst Bloods player to have played over 100 games.

I can already foresee many posts from puzzled Cats fans as to why he ended up at the Litter Box.
After kicking 4 goals I think they know why they went after him.

I hope Cats fans are ready for the Gary Rohan love/hate relationship. Kicks four goals in a JLT match and one of the best on ground. Gets 2 touches in a final.

Had the same thought. Happy to see him do well, but there's a little part of me saying, '4 goals in a JLT. He always lifts for the big games.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back