Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess people who didn't follow it at the time, more recent fans, book fans who don't follow footy. (The latter I think being the really interesting demographic in this case because the book is showing the potential to break out of the sporting books niche. Lots of chat on bookclub sites along the lines of "I don't follow sport, so I wouldn't normally read a sporting memoir but I really enjoyed this book" etc.)
Rather read Paul Kennedy's new book

I was re-watching the 2014 GF (don't ask!!), and I saw this in the first quarter and thought I had to share it, reminded me of when I used to watch Richards in his prime and actually enjoyed his moments as much as I would a goal, because I was just amazed at how well he read the play and how often he'd outplay highly rated opponents.

Attachments

• Ted.mp4
    4.2 MB
I was re-watching the 2014 GF (don't ask!!), and I saw this in the first quarter and thought I had to share it, reminded me of when I used to watch Richards in his prime and actually enjoyed his moments as much as I would a goal, because I was just amazed at how well he read the play and how often he'd outplay highly rated opponents.
didnt realise we actually strung 2 passes together that day til watching that.

didnt realise we actually strung 2 passes together that day til watching that.

I was actually surprised rewatching that first quarter. Hawthorn were applying a fair amount of pressure, but we were equal to the task early on, but you could just see it was a case of us doing our best to prop up the dam walls before they collapsed on us. Not long after that mark, Grundy made a bit of a poor decision which resulted in a goal, and that was the start of the onslaught.

I've rewatched parts and halves of 2016 a few times, I don't mind watching losses to see where things went wrong or see how players played. I don't think I've rewatched a second of the 2014 grand final.

I've rewatched parts and halves of 2016 a few times, I don't mind watching losses to see where things went wrong or see how players played. I don't think I've rewatched a second of the 2014 grand final.
Me either. I was there. It was embarrassing. We were ragdolled. I have an abiding memory of Lloyd running alongside a Hawk and just being bumped aside. Can't complain about the umps. We just didn't turn up. So different to 2012.

Me either. I was there. It was embarrassing. We were ragdolled. I have an abiding memory of Lloyd running alongside a Hawk and just being bumped aside. Can't complain about the umps. We just didn't turn up. So different to 2012.

I was there as well. I don't remember much after Rohan kicked it to Hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Gray has signed with Adelaide Football League Div 1 side, Port District.

I was on an international flight during the 2016 GF. Heard the result. I have never watched that game and never will.

One level below SANFL. However, my understanding is that a lot of players get paid just as much, if not more than, players in the SANFL. No doubt some of our Adelaide based fans can comment.
Same is happening here , the VFL is now a farce , players are leaving to play local as they believe it's an under 22 comp and making it harder to get on an AFL list and a bigger jump

Sliding doors moment.

Leo Barry off to Carlton in 2000 in exchange for Aaron Hamill. :oops:

Deal apparently done, but at the last minute Saints offered more dollars to Hamill and the rest as they say is history.

A lucrative offer from St Kilda reportedly sealed Hamill’s desire to head there but going into the final day of the trade period, Carlton recruiting manager Shane O’Sullivan had other ideas.
“We thought we had a deal with the Sydney Swans,” O’Sullivan told the Carlton website.
“We were going to get Leo Barry and a couple of other things, in terms of picks.

“We said, ‘No, he’s going to Sydney’, and rang Ricky Barham at the Swans, who thought he was going to Sydney as well. But his manager David Allison had obviously done a deal with St Kilda: that’s just the way it goes.”

Glad he stayed;

5bffe59aeaabfbdc3e5528c6a7b3975c.jpg

:)

PS As a side note;

Sydney's first round pick in 2000, which may have gone to the Blues in the deal, ultimately passed through the hands of Collingwood, Fremantle and North Melbourne in trades that included James Clement, Brodie Holland, Paul Williams and Peter Bell. The Roos drafted Daniel Motlop with it.

Leo Barry and Paul Williams or Aaron Hamill. :think:

Yep fairly happy.

Last edited:
Sliding doors moment.

Leo Barry off to Carlton in 2000 in exchange for Aaron Hamill. :oops:

Deal apparently done, but at the last minute Saints offered more dollars to Hamill and the rest as they say is history.

Glad he stayed;

View attachment 1270487

:)
lol i just posted on media thread . We must be reading the same stuff

Kaiden Brand playing in SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back