Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great card

192401_db277ccacb1646fbb437269f190dd45b~mv2.webp

September is shaping up to be a nice month of fights with Alvarez vs GGG scheduled for later in the month also

Is there any palatable excitement for this? Not in the country, so genuinely asking.

I mean it seems like it would be the biggest sporting event in Brisbane, maybe ever. And if this happened 7 years ago I'd be out of my mind, but I don't get the sense that it has taken over.

Is there any palatable excitement for this? Not in the country, so genuinely asking.

I mean it seems like it would be the biggest sporting event in Brisbane, maybe ever. And if this happened 7 years ago I'd be out of my mind, but I don't get the sense that it has taken over.
Yeah it's getting no respect at all, this fight.
Not many fans overseas know or even care who Horn is and are just treating it as a cherry pick for PAC man to make himself look good.

Not sure what the build up in Australia has been like but by the sound of it not much and everyone is pretty much "meh" about it.

I think this fight viewer wise will be huge, our work booked out 3 weeks ago for tables under the projecter, with people calling non stop asking for last min booking.

I'am going to another pub to watch it, and was told to "get in early" as numbers are expected to be big. I am just excited to see the PAC man fight. Was spewing i didn't get my act together soon enough to fly up for it.

It's pretty big in bris just got here yesterday and it's all everyone was talking about in the pubs and there's posters everywhere and stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horn's going to eat a big shot walking in swinging wildly with his chin out there like that. Pac dropped his last 2 opponents.

Has to keep his guard up rushing in like a lunatic is begging to get a smack down by the great man

Got to admire his intensity though

Keep going son

Don't know enough about Horn but surely it's the timeless experience gulf in any sport, where the underdog's only way to win is rolling the dice?

Certainly not dying wondering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back