Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saunders was squawking about how he was brought up with respect by his gyspy culture in a recent interview. I dont ******* think so Billy Hoe. At least Fury keeps away from bringing close ones into it and he's an original.

They may both be gypsies but that is where their similarities end IMO. Fury is a respectful guy. Even when he has beliefs that may offend others - you can see that he legitimately believes in what he does. He keeps a close family (is trained by his family and has never deviated), whereas Saunders doesn't believe in sh*t, he is just a little parasite. I think he is a great boxer though, and I appreciate that he has great skills.

I had Golovkin winning 8-4. I probably give Canelo 5 rounds at best. I was barracking for Canelo. He fell short IMO. The fight was ruled a draw. The basic theme of the fight was Golovkin pressuring Alvarez - backing him up and mostly landing shots on the ropes. Golovkin didn't land his usual power shots. The better shots of the fight were clearly landed by Alvarez, but they were few and far between. He was on his bike much of the fight. He needs that breather in between exchanges, and Golovkin pressed him on that late. Alvarez landed some serious bombs late - and throughout the fight - but Golovkin just shook them off and continued forward. In summary, Canelo did not quite do enough, and Golovkin deserved that fight. It was a shame he didn't get the decision.

Fmd I don't follow boxing full on but surely after the second knock down he was wobbly on his feet pretty badly and it shouldve been stopped????
Thoughts from posters that are reg boxing watchers?
A lot of refs would stop the fight when the boxer is so unsteady.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fmd I don't follow boxing full on but surely after the second knock down he was wobbly on his feet pretty badly and it shouldve been stopped????
Exactly, the ref is there most importantly to protect the two fighters' health.

In this case the ref failed badly and definitely should of stopped it after the second knock down.

From the outset it was clear the match up was completely uneven anyway.

Agreed, Probably a fight that was set up to get eyes on him and this is the outcome....Poor ref and a bloke getting his brain rattled

Bit late on this, and most already know, but...

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux confirmed for December 9th.

We've been treated well this year.

Best think about Loma vs Rigo... There's no Golden Boy to fix the judges.

These videos make me so mad. Tyson could have been one of the greatest if he had kept working with Rooney etc. The minute he jumped ship you could see the difference. Even in his few wins just before the Douglas fight, he was headhunting, he abandoned the body work. He abandoned straight punches completely, even his defensive side was completely out of the window.

People forget what made him great in the early years... it wasn't this one punch KO power, it was literally the punches in bunches and his upper body movement that completely f*cked his opponents.

These videos make me so mad. Tyson could have been one of the greatest if he had kept working with Rooney etc. The minute he jumped ship you could see the difference. Even in his few wins just before the Douglas fight, he was headhunting, he abandoned the body work. He abandoned straight punches completely, even his defensive side was completely out of the window.

People forget what made him great in the early years... it wasn't this one punch KO power, it was literally the punches in bunches and his upper body movement that completely f*cked his opponents.
What was his final record?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back