Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost too bad that we have that traditional humble killer Australian culture. There's some seriously world class fighters floating about around here who could be world stars if they were better on the lip

Showtime….fights this week

Just watched again, while not pissed. Tim was clinical. be worried if were I were Charlo. Could be about to see one of our best sporting dynasties ever, look out Ablett’s, Silvagni’s….also how good was super Foley. Could build a decent career from 34, great to see! Re Timmy,I thougt a lot was hype, you know beating up Brubaker, journeyman Ryan, a finished Horn, a no one Bowyn Morgan. But to brutalise Tony, and really * him up, he is ready. Kudos to him. Tim, Charlo will be a huge fight.

Last edited:

Tank is a joker.. rehydration clause.. kidding.
I cant stand Tank or his team. Weakest multi weight world champ i can think of. Has barely beaten anyone at the top but he will beat Ryan.

He'll avoid Haney, Loma (until hes older) and Shakur. Wouldn't surprise if he chases Kambosos after this fight

Or he will go up and chase that belt if it has a "weaker" champ at the time. Pathetic really but he has enough fans falling for it

Fury also needs to be boycott while we're talking ******* champs. 99% talk at this point. Glad Usyk agreed to the ridiculous terms so who knows what Fury does to get out of it now...

Great stuff from Tim , really took it up a level required and looked comfortable all fight .

Will need to go up another level to beat Charlo , but why not ?!
Of course why not.

But Charlo is hard & speed. Timing beats speed & now we see Tim’s heavy hits, his style can beat Charlo. But the timing must be spot on.

Charlo ain’t a pushover.

Great stuff from Tim , really took it up a level required and looked comfortable all fight .

Will need to go up another level to beat Charlo , but why not ?!

I feel the performance on Sunday may be good enough to beat Charlo, geez I was impressed. Tim gets better every fight, I don't know what his ceiling is now.

Tim Tszyu looked very good, he is on a sharp improvement curve, fighting Tony was an excellent prep fight for Charlo.

While Tim has a serious shot, Charlo hits harder than Tony, and with both hands, will be ready to fire back, so Tim will need to keep his head moving after throwing shots, or else he'll get caught again and again.

I reckon it could be a terrif fight, both guys can bang in later rounds and won't be perturbed easily.

Tim Tszyu looked very good, he is on a sharp improvement curve, fighting Tony was an excellent prep fight for Charlo.

While Tim has a serious shot, Charlo hits harder than Tony, and with both hands, will be ready to fire back, so Tim will need to keep his head moving after throwing shots, or else he'll get caught again and again.

I reckon it could be a terrif fight, both guys can bang in later rounds and won't be perturbed easily.

Charlo hits harder than Harrison but his power is somewhat overrated. His KO percentage is good/average at best but in fairness he seems to have developed more power as he has gotten older. I still think it's overstated though. Harrison pretty much outboxed him in both meetings and Castano won their first fight clearly in my opinion.

It's a great matchup but I am certain Tszyu is stronger and hits harder than Charlo and probably anybody Charlo has faced in his career. That said, Charlo is very durable and has a great chin so it is going to be very difficult to take him out. Harrison has a record of getting gassed in fights so a Tszyu KO there was no real surprise. Charlo won't get gassed and pushed around as easily.

Charlo hits harder than Harrison but his power is somewhat overrated. His KO percentage is good/average at best but in fairness he seems to have developed more power as he has gotten older. I still think it's overstated though. Harrison pretty much outboxed him in both meetings and Castano won their first fight clearly in my opinion.

It's a great matchup but I am certain Tszyu is stronger and hits harder than Charlo and probably anybody Charlo has faced in his career. That said, Charlo is very durable and has a great chin so it is going to be very difficult to take him out. Harrison has a record of getting gassed in fights so a Tszyu KO there was no real surprise. Charlo won't get gassed and pushed around as easily.
It'll be s cracker. Tim must go to the body, he did this some against Tony, but more is needed in my opinion.

It'll be s cracker. Tim must go to the body, he did this some against Tony, but more is needed in my opinion.

Tim appears to have a few more tricks in his bag than i thought, went to the body after a few rounds against Harrison, cracked him with a big overhand right, not sure I'd seen him throw that before, plus landing lead right hands at will towards the end. His lead right has absolutely no wind up, I feel that's how he was able to land it so well (and Harrison was in trouble already probably)

Harrison didn't really impress me at all. He's a nice enough boxer with good hand speed but has no power and no stamina. Whether it was one fight too many for him or Tim has taken another big step forward remains to be seen. I suspect a bit of both but once Tim worked out (very early too) that Harrison's jab had no pop he simply walked through it. Charlo won't afford him that luxury.

Gausha looked a far better fighter to my eye than Harrison did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it before but this Masvidal boxing event is a joke. RJJ vs Pettis who in the * actually wants to watch that
It will get a few views.. No ufc this weekend. That card also has Jose Aldo vs Jeremy Stephens, and Belfort vs Souza, among others.

Also this weekend we have Anthony Joshua vs Jermaine Franklin.

Last edited:
Ollie wines is more than capable of matching Oliver's out put and they have Boak and Powell Pepper who completely nullify Viney if not beat him. Then it's Trac vs Rozee, Butters and JHF.

Yes smutty we beat them so therefore our forward line must be better than port right 😂
Wrong thread, nuffie. 🤣

Pretty average fight

AJ just went through the motions and Franklin couldn't get near AJ

Franklin had his moments, Joshua's chin seemed to hold up well though. The win was too important for AJ here, I'm wondering if Fury really is the aim now? It's the biggest money fight, I favour Fury but AJ could drop another one before he gets to Fury, I reckon the time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back