Toast The goodbye Jordan Roughead. Come back soon. thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll have a further 21 premiership mates come Sep 2019. He's your classic Moneyball player and I think the OP is wrong, he will be a valuable and well loved addition to a already strong list. Does Leigh Brown ring a bell.

Good luck to you, Mate. You'll have to get over us first.

Good luck to you, Mate. You'll have to get over us first.
I wanted him to succeed but a big man who can't take contested marks is a useless as **** on a bull. Thank God his only contested mark ever, happned at the most pivotal moment in the grannie. Thank you Jordan for single handedly winning our gf.

I wanted him to succeed but a big man who can't take contested marks is a useless as **** on a bull. Thank God his only contested mark ever, happned at the most pivotal moment in the grannie. Thank you Jordan for single handedly winning our gf.
While I agree with your overall sentiments, a bit harsh to say that he only ever took one contested mark that being in the GF.
He also took a contested mark in the EF, played on and kicked a goal in probably his best highlights reel footage.
He also took a contested mark in the 3rd quarter of the SF and converted in the middle of our purple patch in that game.

Not much else, but those three are all memorable contested marks.

A pivotal player in our 2016 Premiership win and through that whole Finals series. It was a shame to see him leave for Collingwood, especially when you consider how much we need good key defenders. He certainly got the most out of himself and left nothing in the tank. Congratulations on a great career Roughy.

Remember when Wheeler brought back Big Demps as a ruck coach? Roughy is the Demps of today. Do it Bevo, and while you're at it, Dicko or Lindsay as goal kicking coach, thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Wheeler brought back Big Demps as a ruck coach? Roughy is the Demps of today. Do it Bevo, and while you're at it, Dicko or Lindsay as goal kicking coach, thanks.
Stuff it, bring him in as a goal kicking coach too, it could hardly make things worse.

That grab in the middle after JJs bs overturned goal is one of the more underrated moments from Grand Final day

Solid career all up. It’s a shame he had so many issues with his body but it’s great that he got a pretty good three year run at Collingwood.

I know there was some angst when he left but given his family connection and history at the club I hope he considers himself a doggy first and foremost.

Never underestimate Roughies impact at the club, he was one of the main voices during the infamous McCartney times which saw change when it had to be done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back