Analysis The Brown Shoots Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bolton is some sort of magician, what a awesome appointment by the Blues. The players are actually playing for the coach, and this new one in all in attitude is a joy to behold. We are still a long way off but we are starting to take little steps.

Sent from India

It's good to finally have a good head coach backed by some impressive individuals.

Sent from India

grass-growing-o.gif

Just thought that I'd give Liam Jones a green shoots mention.

I was a bit of a doubter, but the big fella is growing. When Levi went off I thought that Port might intercept mark and rebound easily from our forward half. But Liam presented again and again (even if he wasn't always used) and made sure to hit every pack and bring the ball to ground.

He's still young for a tall, and if he can continue, and improve on his current form, he might start to believe that he belongs.

Then maybe .... just maybe we might have a serious player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought that I'd give Liam Jones a green shoots mention.

I was a bit of a doubter, but the big fella is growing. When Levi went off I thought that Port might intercept mark and rebound easily from our forward half. But Liam presented again and again (even if he wasn't always used) and made sure to hit every pack and bring the ball to ground.

He's still young for a tall, and if he can continue, and improve on his current form, he might start to believe that he belongs.

Then maybe .... just maybe we might have a serious player.

Saw him smiling, and highfiving everything in reach after the victory today, and it was good to see. If he can get it together, after all this, it will be terrific for both us and him.

We are 5th in the league for team disposal efficiency, behind WB, Hawks, GWS and North. 2nd last in clangers, with Doggies only just beating us by 0.2.
5th in marks and 6th in contested marks. 3rd in inside 50 marks. 4th in hitouts. A surprisingly 6th for bounces, although with half the amount of 1st placed GWS.
Need to improve in other areas, but there's a few team-based green shoots.

How much credit do we think needs to go to Neil Craig? I think signing him up has been an underrated move this off-season. He seems to have a real positive influence wherever he goes and has continued to do that at Carlton. He's always been loved by the players and takes a real personal interest in how they develop. Craig and Bolton to me are the best things to happen off the field to Carlton in many years.

Some of our efforts last season made me want to watch grass grow or paint dry, it was less painful.

This year, happy to watch the green shoots sprouting everywhere.

New supporters too.

Loved hearing on BF and amongst Carlton supporting friends, tales of taking the kids to the game or watching the last few weeks.

Giving them something to cheer about, get involved in supporting the club and having fun. It's been slim pickings over the last few years. Needed to reboot the long term membership strategy.

How much credit do we think needs to go to Neil Craig? I think signing him up has been an underrated move this off-season. He seems to have a real positive influence wherever he goes and has continued to do that at Carlton. He's always been loved by the players and takes a real personal interest in how they develop. Craig and Bolton to me are the best things to happen off the field to Carlton in many years.
Wasn't he the wise head at Melbourne in 2012/13 and at EFC in 2015?

I'm predicting that we will go 2-2 over the next 4 and head to the bye at 6-6. We will then lose our next 6 after the bye (the hurts not over yet) and finish the year with maybe 8 or 9 wins.
Was looking at the fixture and thought the same thing. It's not a negative thing at all really - if we manage the best part of 10 wins, we will have exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations. Plus, there are some great things to look forward to in the second half of the year, such as players like Sheehan and SOSOS possibly getting a run, if McKay can get some games into him at VFL level and show some 'green shoots', maybe even getting a look at DVR and Cuningham at senior level. Even still - the forgotten man Jaksch. Lots to be excited about!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back