The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

I see, and why is it important to exclude people from a concept of societal gender based on their genitalia?
I didn’t say that.

Here we go again.

Though I wish no harm on anyone, I’m a majoritarian at base, so I’m not personally very exercised by what I see as arcane notions like “concepts of societal gender”.

I’m just saying, in discussing life on this planet, and human life in particular, genitalia is not nothing, and found it amusing that someone could type the words “why is genitalia that important?”

Last edited:
I’m just saying, in discussing life on this planet, and human life in particular, genitalia is not nothing, and found it amusing that someone could type the words “why is genitalia that important?”
I find it amusing that you decided to remove some words I typed from their context, and respond on that basis. I thought you were a better poster than that.

I find it amusing that you decided to remove some words I typed from their context, and respond on that basis. I thought you were a better poster than that.
To tell you the truth, it was an innocent oversight, probably a consequence of my inability to get very interested in seemingly-endless new categories of difference.

I just don’t think gender constructs are quite the hot button electoral issue that gender activists clearly think it is.

And this is going to continue to be an issue for Greens voters like myself, because they are a metaphor for the same issue the party faces as a minority party in the wider electoral landscape - with a vote unlikely to rise above 15% anytime soon, people will always raise questions of what battles the Greens are going to fight, and what one’s they’re going to let through to the keeper.

(Outsiders will always try to weaponise the question, but they would, wouldn’t they, and it doesn’t for a minute mean it’s not absolutely crucial for Greens voters like you and me to continually discuss it.)

The overarching question of where to focus the party’s attention and energy is elemental to a minority party in a majoritarian system.

Islam seems to be a lot like Christianity to me, the extremists subvert it, and spoil it for everyone else. For every bin Laden and Pell there's also a Mohammed and Joe Average living just like you and me.
Most (the vast majority) Muslims are wonderful honourable people and the core teachings are lessons that are of benefit to society. Like Chritisianity, the problem is a combination of extreme religion + culture + circumstances.

Sorry have to call you out on Mohammed though, he was a war mongering paedophile responsible for massacres of those who opposed him and was every bit as bad as Bin Laden and Christian war mongers of the past.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then why don't you say women? Why is genitalia that important?
I didn't say women because I didn't mean women. I meant females. I presume you accept there are differences between males and females beyond genitalia, and that separation based on sex is often important for safety reasons.

If you don't accept that, I can't see how we can find any common ground on this issue.

What is an issue that "ONLY" affects females?

While we're at it, what's an issue that only affects males?
Ultimately, we're all affected in some way by issues. What I meant, even if worded poorly, is that some issues affect one sex far more than the other. Abortion is a good example. It's a poor look when predominantly male politicians are attempting to force their opinion on females, as we see in the US now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To tell you the truth, it was an innocent oversight, probably a consequence of my inability to get very interested in seemingly-endless new categories of difference.

I just don’t think gender constructs are quite the hot button electoral issue that gender activists clearly think it is.

And this is going to continue to be an issue for Greens voters like myself, because they are a metaphor for the same issue the party faces as a minority party in the wider electoral landscape - with a vote unlikely to rise above 15% anytime soon, people will always raise questions of what battles the Greens are going to fight, and what one’s they’re going to let through to the keeper.

(Outsiders will always try to weaponise the question, but they would, wouldn’t they, and it doesn’t for a minute mean it’s not absolutely crucial for Greens voters like you and me to continually discuss it.)

The overarching question of where to focus the party’s attention and energy is elemental to a minority party in a majoritarian system.
Some posters are positioning the Greens as the party most likely to challenge the ALP.

You would think some lessons have been learned from the Libs poor electoral showing that culture wars don't win votes. The voters that influence election results (swinging voters) are more focused on issues like the economy, environment, health, infrastructure, and education.

If there isn't we really need to make one because it's become a big thing.
Is it a big thing? Let's not confuse the SRP with the real world. Views here are often extreme and heavily skewed compared to what I encounter from friends, colleagues, and family.

My views about organised religion are strongly negative; I'm an outlier in the real world. On social media, my position is fairly popular.

Is it a big thing? Let's not confuse the SRP with the real world. Views here are often extreme and heavily skewed compared to what I encounter from friends, colleagues, and family.

My views about organised religion are strongly negative; I'm an outlier in the real world. On social media, my position is fairly popular.

Don't you support organised religion and help fund them via private schools?

You advocate for elite private schools to receive public funding. Most of those schools are owned and run by religious organisations.

Didn't you say you sent your kids to private schools?
I support government funding of a basic education for all, and don't care if that money goes to public, independent, or religious schools. I'm more pro-choice than anti-religion. If someone wants their child to be brainwashed by fairytales, so be it.

I support government funding of a basic education for all, and don't care if that money goes to public, independent, or religious schools. I'm more pro-choice than anti-religion. If someone wants their child to be brainwashed by fairytales, so be it.

So you support taxpayer money funding brainwashing via religious fairytales.

Very strongly negative! I can see how that would be popular among certain demographics.

I didn't say women because I didn't mean women. I meant females. I presume you accept there are differences between males and females beyond genitalia, and that separation based on sex is often important for safety reasons.

If you don't accept that, I can't see how we can find any common ground on this issue.
You're right, we can't find common ground on this issue.

And this is going to continue to be an issue for Greens voters like myself, because they are a metaphor for the same issue the party faces as a minority party in the wider electoral landscape - with a vote unlikely to rise above 15% anytime soon,
Not with that attitude, at any rate.

What does that have to do with the previous discussion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back