Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

Before Rolf Harris was disgraced, there was always room on a horse for two.

Definitely think that Uncle Benjen could have escaped with Jon. Far more probable than falling into frozen lake, pulling himself out right next to his sword and dragging himself to a location where he could be rescued by Benjen. I mean they've asked us to suspend our disbelief for so long and then, no room on the horse?!

I'll go in no particular order:

Ser scalydude
Little Finger
Euron
Theon
The Hound
I went to first unread on this page and didn't look at which thread I was in. I thought this was Howard's list thread and these were some kind of lollies I'd never heard of!

No the guy who got cured of the scaley thing by the fat guy who just left the maester crib.

Also, Grey Worm is an excellent call for death next episode whoever said that. I forgot all about him. He'd definitely be on my list too.
Jorah :p. Fair enough. I was expecting him to die beyond the wall..

Found my new favourite crackpot theory. Bran can warg into the tiny wolf on the pommel of Jon's sword and see what he sees. This would explain how Benjen knew where he had to be and when and why the eyes appeared to 'flicker' when Jon gets out of the ice lake.
Yeah that ones been doing the rounds a bit, there's also a scene from either last season or two seasons ago where it happens. Pretty weird.

The Last Harpy used to be a normal sort of YouTube channel but he's found a niche market doing videos about crackpot theories. Some of them are nuts. IceBrandon is my new favourite, imagine putting so much effort into finding obscure references to 'mist' as if that proves anything :p

We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”
http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-director-beyond-the-wall-timeline/

So officially it's one 'night' and 'eternal twilight' to fudge the timeline a bit. I'm gonna make a conscious effort to buy that.

What is going on in Euron's head? Like why does he want to ally with Cersei, other than presumably to sit the Iron Throne? Do the dragons not scare him? Or is he going to get inside King's Landing and then turn on Cersei and ally with Daenerys... Do a Lannister on the Lannisters? Dany has to choose, marriage alliance with Euron or Jon? heh. If he does die I hope the Night's King gets him... I wonder what Viserion's fire does to a person now he's all frosty... Do you become an icicle and shatter into a billion pieces? Euron seems sort of unstoppable, but I think that'd stop him in his tracks.

Whatever it is scares the bejeebers out of me. Euron is batshit crazy. With a capital batshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that one is interesting. I've read another that explains it a little better (at least for me).

http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/
That is far simpler :p I don't mind Bran-is-all-the-Brans or 'Bran is the Night King' theory. Those are unlikely, but not impossible. I kind of like Bran-is-all-of-the-Brans, like he time travelled and he is also all the historical/mythological Brandon Starks that ever lived, i.e. Brandon the Builder, Brandon the Breaker, Brandon the Burner, Brandon the Shipwright, etc.

The thing that I find hilarious about IceBrandon is all these convoluted pieces of "evidence" about corn, selling souls, shadows, mist, clouds, curtains of light, Jaime Lannister being Lightbringer/Lucifer/Azor Ahai, and 'Winter' the ice dragon that lives under Winterfell and whose coming is announced in the Stark words.

If we've just sat through this gigantic, supernatural, overcomplicated story about all these different characters and dragons and Iron Thrones, just so Bran can have a revenge arc against Jaime I'll scream.

... although making the Nights King a good guy and Azor Ahai/The Last Hero/Prince(ss)ThatWasPromised the enemy is kind of fascinating.

Also, I just noticed that you are member number 70 (it says so in the quote thing when I quote you). Most people have six digit member numbers! :eek:

That is far simpler :p I don't mind Bran-is-all-the-Brans or 'Bran is the Night King' theory. Those are unlikely, but not impossible. I kind of like Bran-is-all-of-the-Brans, like he time travelled and he is also all the historical/mythological Brandon Starks that ever lived, i.e. Brandon the Builder, Brandon the Breaker, Brandon the Burner, Brandon the Shipwright, etc.

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool, becoming all his ancestors to put in place what's required to defeat the Nights King.

The thing that I find hilarious about IceBrandon is all these convoluted pieces of "evidence" about corn, selling souls, shadows, mist, clouds, curtains of light, Jaime Lannister being Lightbringer/Lucifer/Azor Ahai, and 'Winter' the ice dragon that lives under Winterfell and whose coming is announced in the Stark words.

If we've just sat through this gigantic, supernatural, overcomplicated story about all these different characters and dragons and Iron Thrones, just so Bran can have a revenge arc against Jaime I'll scream.

Would trivialise the story if that's all it was.

... although making the Nights King a good guy and Azor Ahai/The Last Hero/Prince(ss)ThatWasPromised the enemy is kind of fascinating.

They just love messing with us, "look he/she's bad, no he/she's good, no he/she's baaaad". Make up your minds dammit!

Also, I just noticed that you are member number 70 (it says so in the quote thing when I quote you). Most people have six digit member numbers! :eek:

Yeah, I get it, I'm old :) I was invited to join back when it first started. Had a fair break around the time some of my kids were born and then "rediscovered" it so to speak. Just enjoy talking crap about footy I guess, though these days I spend most of my time on our board. The main boards are far more feral than "back in the day" (cue jokes about walking ten miles to school etc).

Yeah, I get it, I'm old :) I was invited to join back when it first started. Had a fair break around the time some of my kids were born and then "rediscovered" it so to speak. Just enjoy talking crap about footy I guess, though these days I spend most of my time on our board. The main boards are far more feral than "back in the day" (cue jokes about walking ten miles to school etc).
Old school.

Poem from Natalie Bochenski's recent review, to the tune of Ice, Ice Baby

With apologies to Robert Van Winkle - or more appropriately, to Queen and David Bowie, I present some OLD SCHOOL TERRIBLE EARLY NINETIES RAP.

Yo, King in North, let’s kick it
(Ice Ice Dragon)

All right stop, annihilate and listen
Night King’s back with my brand new creation
Something grabs a hold of my fancy
Send up my harpoon you s**t your pantsies
Will it ever stop? Yo, it’s Jon Snow
Fighting my wights, with gusto
He’s a machine, on the rock he can handle
Suits total rage just like a Trump suits a scandal
Trance, we are the wreakers of doom
I’m freaking them out with stillness in the hushed gloom
Standing, all around, lives in jeopardy
Just like what Beric said “Death is the Enemy”
That one’s a dumb c*** Hound says in jest
He didn’t hit bull’s eye, that was the test

If you have an army, yo, I’ll dissolve it
You got a dragon? Well I can evolve it

Ice Ice Dragon, I’ve got an Ice Ice Dragon
Ice Ice Dragon, I’ve got an Ice Ice Dragon

Now that the battle is pumping
Though the ice is thin, the wights are just thumping
Quick to the rock, the red shirts they’re taking
Humans fight back, like Buffy they’re staking
Burning them, flaming swords are nimble
But I’m a fugitive like Richard Kimble
On the high ground, with my grouped-up posse
Wights on a roll and it’s time to get bossy
Tormund, almost goes below
But the Hound jumps in and says hell no
The ginger is OK, more wights hit the floor
Did we stop? No, we just sent more
Kept on pursuing to the big rock
They’re busting guts and the scene is full of hot schlock
We’ve got ‘em trapped now they’re all gonna die
Moved in for the kill...what’s that in sky?

Fire is hot from the scaly big meanie
It’s a magic trick worthy of Houdini
Dragons, not just one but three
Gone to Hogwarts School of Lizardry
Burning, all my wights aglow
A bump in the road, Dany’s coming for Jon Snow
Bollocks, I’ll show ‘em who’s Night King
I grab my pole for some damn good javelling
Tossing, that spear in the air fast
The dragon was hit, like a real blast
Gazumped to gazumper, the dragon is whacked
It crashes to the ground and the ice is cracked
Dany’s lost her sheen, you know what I mean
She flies away, and my eye’s got a blue glean

If I have a javelin, you bet I’ll involve it
If you’ve got some chains, I’ll resolve it

Ice Ice Dragon I’ve got an Ice Ice Dragon
Ice Ice Dragon I’ve got an Ice Ice Dragon

Yo, wights, let’s get out of here!
Word to your Mother (of Dragons)

I find her reviews very entertaining, although she has a slightly unhealthy obsession with Jon Snow. Full review here https://cheeseburgergothic.com/show/6774

Poem from Natalie Bochenski's recent review, to the tune of Ice, Ice Baby

I find her reviews very entertaining, although she has a slightly unhealthy obsession with Jon Snow. Full review here https://cheeseburgergothic.com/show/6774
Hahaha that's pretty good! A bit long with the blow-by-blow of everything, but she's right, that Tormund/Hound exchange were the best lines and she definitely has an unhealthy obsession with Kit Harrington. Too busy staring at his abs to comment on the fact he still has stab wounds. :huh:

Speaking of Kit Harington, this is behind the scenes on Dragonstone (you can hear Emilia Clarke in the background too):

A few things.

1. The Winterfell reveal was hilariously bad and made all the previous scenes leading up to it even worse looking back at them but at least Littlefinger is gg'd and I never have to see him again.

2. Weird Tyrion creeper scene at the end looking disapprovingly at the banging between Jon and Dany? Maybe foreshadowing a heel turn, seems weird to have him there looking like that otherwise.

3. Showing Bran warging before we cut to the NK and co taking down the wall, they showed some ravens so maybe it was just to show him being there looking but could be possible foreshadowing of Bran being the NK.

Still think Bran isn't the NK.

That last scene gave me goosebumps. Did anyone else think it felt like the LOTR scene where they left Minas Morgal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back