The Inevitable War - Keating goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon anyone around here is onside with Xi but for heaven's sake, Scumo caused great offence to the Chinese by saying what Trump knew would have severe and far reaching consequences so he asked Scumo to do his dirty work and that was not just poking the bear, that was pouring petrol on China and setting it alight. Scumface showed just how intrinsically patronising and superior he still thinks the white Christian races are to the inferior Asian hordes. Any present day leader would understand the cultural sensitivities of China, Japan and other countries and not go 'round speaking like it was the early 20th century.

To basically accuse China of deliberately manufacturing and releasing Covid into the world is a gross insult and when you add the fact that Australia's foreign policy towards China is that of the United States and we don't have are own policy towards them any longer, the insult of having a lackey of the Americans' offend it on the world stage, then Australia means absolutely nothing to China. Australia under Abbbot/Turnbull/Morrison has completely destroyed our relationship with China, a relationship that has been cultivated since the early 1970's.

The hyena Julie Bishop started trashing our relationship with China in just following American rhetoric and actions to try and reimpose Uncle Sam's hegemony in the Asia Pacific region.

China had been one of our best friends for 40 years and their system of government and our system of government although not palatable to either of us, was respected. Now China views us with the contempt we deserve. It's we who tried to bully them, not the other way around. As I said, our relationship was based on mutual respect and we f**cked that up, not China and just in case you missed it early on, I don't think that anyone around here has photos of Xi plastered all over their walls.

that , and defence boffs describing the china threat these days like they did the Indonesia threat a few decades ago shows it’s Sabre rattling and empire building that hasn’t been kept in check.

someone described scomo as a mental Pygmy and FFS he’s the PM, WTF happened?

In what way are 'we' (I assume you mean Australia) poking the bear?

Name one piece of antagonistic rhetoric from 'us' against Xi and the Chinese.

All I hear from 'us' is 'the door is on the table and we are open to discussion' is that what you mean by poking the bear?

The only thing that could be 'poking' is scumo asking for an independent investigation into the covid crisis for the purposes of preparation for any future events. That was the message regardless if scumo had a beef or not, that's hardly poking the bear. But like the petulant child Xi is, he has his yes men claim the virus originated from Australia, I mean get f*d w****r!

There's one thing I will say for the scumo and his bunch of w******, they won't be bullied by Xi.

Further do you reckon it'd be any different if our current abomination of an administration just bowed to every whim of Xi? Yeah nah, not in eleventy million years.

Nah that fkface Xi can GAGF.
I agree that fkface xi can ead.

I cant stand the prick - china was slowly walking towards being a more enlightened democratic country when he came along and they did a complete 180.

But theres a saying about walking softly and carrying a big stick. It was an american president who coined that phrase…. And he was the president of the worlds no 1 superpower ….. not a militarily third rate power.

Every week theres another one from dutton.

<<< Earlier this week Mr Dutton told the American Chamber of Commerce that it was important to deepen military cooperation between US and Australia in order to maintain freedom of navigation in the Indo-Pacific and deter "the most egregious forms of coercion and aggression".

He said the Chinese Communist Party's rhetoric had become "increasingly bellicose" and that its activities had become "increasingly coercive, driven by a zero-sum mentality>>>

<<< Defence Minister Peter Dutton has vowed to speak out more openly about China’s acts of aggression, declaring everyday Australians are with the government and understand the threats posed by Beijing.>>>

<<< Defence Minister Peter Dutton has bluntly warned the prospect of war with China cannot be ruled out, but said it was ultimately “a question for the Chinese”.

Speaking in Washington DC to Sky News, Mr Dutton raised the issue of Taiwan’s sovereignty as the most likely flashpoint.

But he made no attempt to disguise the possibility that conflict was a risk Australia needed to prepare for >>>

<<< Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton drew the wrath of the Chinese Embassy on Friday after saying the policies of the Communist Party of China are inconsistent with those of Australia>>>

uhuahuh hahahahaha. Xi is safe as houses and if there were to be coup, then whether he is in or out of the country is immaterial. As for the the other parts of my post, I ask you again, have you been asleep whilst Trump has been whipping up the knuckdraggers of the USA?

The FACT is Xi is purging the ranks and silencing dissidents at levels not seen since the Mao Era. He's not as sure about his authority as you are his. He's paranoid. Not sure what the 'knuckledraggers' who voted Trump had to do with that sentence?

Have you not heard that China has told Australia to shove it's goods up it's arse after the moronic, born again Prime Minister of Australia did Trumps dirty work by wanting the world to hold an investigation into China and the Coronavirus in language that was both provocative and incendiary? Didn't you see Trump rubbing his hands with glee on the sidelines as China dumped Australian goods and replaced them with American goods and products?

Say what you want about Morrison, the trade war on Australia has resulted in numerous own goals for China, it's been another embarrassing saga over the past 18 months under the Xi regime.

Do you know anything about how the global economy works? You should be far more worried about the massive recession that this country will experience given that our a largest trading partner by far, China, the country that we relied on during the GFC to continue buying our raw materials and goods and produce, has turned it's back on us and has found other markets thanks to the imbecile Scotty-from-marketing than some cockamamie fear about going to war with China.

We were speculating on the possibility of war. You're claim was that it was a ruse, China is a boogey man etc.
I mentioned that if Trump got back in power, you'd have two hyper nationalistic superpowers one governed by someone who is mentally unstable and one struggling with issues at home (Xi) and using its military might through grandstanding to take attention away from it's own troubles, failures.

That's how wars start.

Last edited:

The FACT is Xi is purging the ranks and silencing dissidents at levels not seen since the Mao Era. He's not as sure about his authority as you are his. He's paranoid. Not sure what the 'knuckledraggers' who voted Trump had to do with that sentence? Are you OK?

Say what you want about Morrison, the trade war on Australia has resulted in numerous own goal for China, it's been another embarrassing saga over the past 18 months under the Xi regime.

We were speculating on the possibility of war. You're claim was that it was a ruse, China is a boogey man etc.
I mentioned that if Trump got back in power, you'd have two hyper nationalistic superpowers one governed by someone who is mentally unstable and one struggling with issues at home (Xi) and using its military might through grandstanding to take attention away from it's own troubles, failures.
You would have two struggling with issues at home (Xi) and using their military might through grandstanding to take attention away from it's own troubles, failures.

You would have two struggling with issues at home (Xi) and using their military might through grandstanding to take attention away from it's own troubles, failures.

Yeah, I think you'd be right about that hypothetical, fair point.

I agree that fkface xi can ead.

I cant stand the prick - china was slowly walking towards being a more enlightened democratic country when he came along and they did a complete 180.

But theres a saying about walking softly and carrying a big stick. It was an american president who coined that phrase…. And he was the president of the worlds no 1 superpower ….. not a militarily third rate power.

Every week theres another one from dutton.

<<< Earlier this week Mr Dutton told the American Chamber of Commerce that it was important to deepen military cooperation between US and Australia in order to maintain freedom of navigation in the Indo-Pacific and deter "the most egregious forms of coercion and aggression".

He said the Chinese Communist Party's rhetoric had become "increasingly bellicose" and that its activities had become "increasingly coercive, driven by a zero-sum mentality>>>

<<< Defence Minister Peter Dutton has vowed to speak out more openly about China’s acts of aggression, declaring everyday Australians are with the government and understand the threats posed by Beijing.>>>

<<< Defence Minister Peter Dutton has bluntly warned the prospect of war with China cannot be ruled out, but said it was ultimately “a question for the Chinese”.

Speaking in Washington DC to Sky News, Mr Dutton raised the issue of Taiwan’s sovereignty as the most likely flashpoint.

But he made no attempt to disguise the possibility that conflict was a risk Australia needed to prepare for >>>

<<< Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton drew the wrath of the Chinese Embassy on Friday after saying the policies of the Communist Party of China are inconsistent with those of Australia>>>

Fair enough, voltimor has said his piece. I concede that (which I honestly was not aware of).

All that is after the fact over the last two years - this government has repeatedly requested sensible discussion with the Chinese, repeatedly!

Even then all we've got from Xi's yes men is basically GAGF Australia, accusing us of being the origin of the virus, I mean ffs how petulant is that? And it's clear Xi is on his own, he has NO supporters in their rhetoric against Australia and we've had public support from the potus himself so it is true what spud head has said.
  • The Chinese rhetoric has been at minimum bellicose, I challenge anyone to counter.
  • On Taiwan it is absolutely a question for Beijing.
Just about every medium and large power around the world are looking grimly on Xi's behaviour, again I challenge anyone to counter.

So for all these wanting to drop to their knees at the whim of Xi, I say you go for it - just know that the bulk of the country won't be and this government seems it certainly won't be and nor should they. Nah fk em!

Fair enough, voltimor has said his piece. I concede that (which I honestly was not aware of).

All that is after the fact over the last two years - this government has repeatedly requested sensible discussion with the Chinese, repeatedly!

Even then all we've got from Xi's yes men is basically GAGF Australia, accusing us of being the origin of the virus, I mean ffs how petulant is that? And it's clear Xi is on his own, he has NO supporters in their rhetoric against Australia and we've had public support from the potus himself so it is true what spud head has said.
  • The Chinese rhetoric has been at minimum bellicose, I challenge anyone to counter.
  • On Taiwan it is absolutely a question for Beijing.
Just about every medium and large power around the world are looking grimly on Xi's behaviour, again I challenge anyone to counter.

So for all these wanting to drop to their knees at the whim of Xi, I say you go for it - just know that the bulk of the country won't be and this government seems it certainly won't be and nor should they. Nah fk em!
I just think the smallest guy in the room shouldnt listen to chad, the biggest guy in the room, when he says “go tell that other huge dude that hes a dickhead in front of everyone.”

Especially when that other big dude is your biggest customer.

And uber-especially when chad who keeps telling you to do this is picking up all the custom you used to have.

Me - id buy the nuclear subs and when asked why, id say - we have a massive coastline to defend and as an island we are utterly reliant on trade routes staying open. Its in our best interests and frankly, it should have been done with our last submarine purchase.

Not: lol fk china they am bad and we might have war with them soon….

Like some kind of giant simpleton.

Sounds like you believe in conspiracy theories

Rofl, link one comment from the current administration that has spoken that way to China, standing up to them is one thing but deliberately insulting is just stupid not even scumo is that stupid. You might be though.

Have you got a link for that?

Not sure what Bishop has got to do with our current situation with China, by all reports a very popular and respected foreign minister - even the Chinese, yes even them.

Would've liked her to be our PM just quietly.

They view EVERYONE with contempt and have done ever since Xi has grown an over inflated and unwarranted ego. Probably decades before that too, maybe not their population but certainly their administrations.

Rofl, I don't know of anyone with that level of crayon eating dumbness that would deliberately attempt to bully Xi and his admin, you might be though.

Rofl, you do eat crayons, China doesn't respect anyone (well not their govt at least).

Congratulations, you've just raised THE dumbest post of the year - if not this century so far.

If you think we should suck Xi's appendage in the hope that we can sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya, then you're so naive you don't even know the meaning of the word.

I don't think I'll bother explaining it to you, you're out of your depth.

Reply if you wish but you're already on ignore.
You know nothing about China and you are oblivious to the spinmeister Morrison's conjob. You also have a cold war mentality which completely ignore facts.

Morrison thought he'd get brownie points for being Trumps lap dog and telling China what Trump wanted to himself but even Trump was more intelligent than Morrison and stooged him! hahahahaha the thought of Trump being more intelligent than another is hilarious, the fact that it's out Prime Minister is embarrassing.

Try this: https://theconversation.com/austral...-with-china-its-time-to-find-a-way-out-138525

and then this: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-22/coronavirus-china-peter-dutton-covid-19-transparency/12171050

then this one (you'll like this one): https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04...on-defends-dutton-criticism-of-china/12177510

and if you need further convincing of Morrison's servitude to the sychopath Trump: https://www.voanews.com/a/usa_austr...investigate-mueller-probe-origin/6176780.html

and just in case you may be sceptical of Morrison's adulation for Trump, here's him on the hustings with the psycho. An Australian Prime Minister campaigning for the leader of a foreign country!:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09...rison-captive-in-donald-trumps-orbit/11551394

and here, on your obviously favourite news programme:

Maybe you just have a short attention span or just don't want to face up to the truth so I supplied jus a tiny amount of the thousands of links for what you called for and by the way, for those who reckon that a re-election of the psychopath will further raise tensions and lead us to war, cop a butcher's of this. I urge everyone to have a read: https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46571/1

PS. When the s**t really hit the fan, here's Morrison in typical Morrison fashion lying and trying to spin his way out of the s**t hole he created, just a few weeks after he stood with Dutton and his incendiary statement: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-australia-curbs-idUSKBN22D41F

I just think the smallest guy in the room shouldnt listen to chad, the biggest guy in the room, when he says “go tell that other huge dude that hes a dickhead in front of everyone.”

Especially when that other big dude is your biggest customer.

And uber-especially when chad who keeps telling you to do this is picking up all the custom you used to have.

Me - id buy the nuclear subs and when asked why, id say - we have a massive coastline to defend and as an island we are utterly reliant on trade routes staying open. Its in our best interests and frankly, it should have been done with our last submarine purchase.

Not: lol fk china they am bad and we might have war with them soon….

Like some kind of giant simpleton.

If you're inferring that I'm that simpleton, you'd be wrong.

All I'm in favour of is not being bullied, that Chad guy you allude to has our back along with his 'gang'

My bad for putting it that way, but let's not pretend that Australia is that little guy telling China they're a dickhead - apart from spud head that little guy (Australia) has been uber uber tolerant of petulant rhetoric AND exceptionally diplomatic in their discourse with China....................... and what do we get back?

GAGF Australia - that's what we've got, no wonder Chad (Joe) has our back in the school yard.

Very very hard to stay 'adult' in the face of that - but credit to (apart from spud head) our senior ministers for 'holding back'

that , and defence boffs describing the china threat these days like they did the Indonesia threat a few decades ago shows it’s Sabre rattling and empire building that hasn’t been kept in check.

someone described scomo as a mental Pygmy and FFS he’s the PM, WTF happened?
Yeah, remember that? The threat from Indonesia? That goes down as one of the dumbest things every said, that along with Honest John, Christian Crusader Blair and the brain dead George W that Iran had weapons of mass destruction and the bit I loved the most, that Saddam was best mates with Bin Laden!!

I reckon that the people we should really be afraid are the Tongans. A huge proportion of them are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and aren't to be trifled with. Have you seen the size of some of those Tongan rugby players? Gee, I hope our nuclear subs are ready before they decide to invade and eat all our trifles?

If you're inferring that I'm that simpleton, you'd be wrong.

All I'm in favour of is not being bullied, that Chad guy you allude to has our back along with his 'gang'

My bad for putting it that way, but let's not pretend that Australia is that little guy telling China they're a dickhead - apart from spud head that little guy (Australia) has been uber uber tolerant of petulant rhetoric AND exceptionally diplomatic in their discourse with China....................... and what do we get back?

GAGF Australia - that's what we've got, no wonder Chad (Joe) has our back in the school yard.

Very very hard to stay 'adult' in the face of that - but credit to (apart from spud head) our senior ministers for 'holding back'
Im implying scomo is the simpleton btw

Yeah, remember that? The threat from Indonesia? That goes down as one of the dumbest things every said, that along with Honest John, Christian Crusader Blair and the brain dead George W that Iran had weapons of mass destruction and the bit I loved the most, that Saddam was best mates with Bin Laden!!

I reckon that the people we should really be afraid are the Tongans. A huge proportion of them are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and aren't to be trifled with. Have you seen the size of some of those Tongan rugby players? Gee, I hope our nuclear subs are ready before they decide to invade and eat all our trifles?
Just as a matter of interest do you know how many times weve had shooting wars and skirmishes with the indos?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as a matter of interest do you know how many times weve had shooting wars and skirmishes with the indos?

I personally can't answer that but would be interested in the facts. In my lifetime the relationship had turned sour with Indonesia because of cultural issues, drug trafficking at our end, people smuggling at their end, poor diplomacy when Howard claimed to be the deputy sheriff of the region etc Political opportunism on both sides when close to elections that cut off relations.

Despite bad relations at times one country didn't try to dominate the other, like China triess to do to Australia.

So that poster you quoted is rambling on insanely with a false equivalence even if there hasn't been a few skirmishes.

Last edited:
Im implying scomo is the simpleton btw

Yes he is but not in dealing with China.

Asking for an independent investigation for the purposes of future preparation is not antagonistic, just coz Xi threw the toys out of the cot is not justification to make slomo the villain in this case. That seems to have escalated Xi's mood, must be hiding something or wants to face or something.

There's too much real estate on BF to blame slomo for many things, but 'pissing China off' is not one of them - that's on Xi.

Asking for an independent investigation for the purposes of future preparation is not antagonistic, just coz Xi threw the toys out of the cot is not justification to make slomo the villain in this case. That seems to have escalated Xi's mood, must be hiding something or wants to face or something.

There's too much real estate on BF to blame slomo for many things, but 'pissing China off' is not one of them - that's on Xi.

Morrison is a moron.

You are correct, asking for an independent investigation is perfectly reasonable. But doing it alone and isolated because Trump asked you to is complete lunacy.

For Morrison, like everything is was a simple political opportunity, just the typical dog whistling that is about the only thing we get from him.

The Europeans were completely astounded that Morrison went it alone before getting some sort of consensus - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05...us-investigation-australia-what-cost/12265896

"Australia's friends and allies in Europe, still desperately scrambling to contain the pandemic at home, were startled. Why hadn't Australia got on the phone before wading into such fraught territory?"

Morrison is being played like a fiddle by China (but Morrison is happy to ignore the damage he does so long as it has domestic political advantage). This article is quite good from a few years back - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/world/australia/china-australia-morrison-tweet.html

“They seem to have intended to make Morrison angry, and to goad him into exactly the kind of emotional response that he has now given them,” said Hugh White, a former intelligence official who teaches strategic studies at the Australian National University. “And that is worrying. In any fight like this one, be very careful not to do what your adversary wants you to do.”

Whether Mr. Morrison gets any aid from the United States or elsewhere, Mr. White added, the episode has already made Australia and Mr. Morrison “look rattled and weak.”

At the end of the day China does not give a s**t about Australia. They buy lots of stuff from us but they can find that stuff somewhere else and they will - and they are no scared of any interim pain.

And when they inevitably do move on entirely all Morrison and Australia will have left is "we stood up to them" - so ******* what!

Morrison is a moron.

You are correct, asking for an independent investigation is perfectly reasonable. But doing it alone and isolated because Trump asked you to is complete lunacy.

For Morrison, like everything is was a simple political opportunity, just the typical dog whistling that is about the only thing we get from him.

The Europeans were completely astounded that Morrison went it alone before getting some sort of consensus - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05...us-investigation-australia-what-cost/12265896

"Australia's friends and allies in Europe, still desperately scrambling to contain the pandemic at home, were startled. Why hadn't Australia got on the phone before wading into such fraught territory?"

Morrison is being played like a fiddle by China (but Morrison is happy to ignore the damage he does so long as it has domestic political advantage). This article is quite good from a few years back - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/world/australia/china-australia-morrison-tweet.html

“They seem to have intended to make Morrison angry, and to goad him into exactly the kind of emotional response that he has now given them,” said Hugh White, a former intelligence official who teaches strategic studies at the Australian National University. “And that is worrying. In any fight like this one, be very careful not to do what your adversary wants you to do.”

Whether Mr. Morrison gets any aid from the United States or elsewhere, Mr. White added, the episode has already made Australia and Mr. Morrison “look rattled and weak.”

At the end of the day China does not give a sh*t about Australia. They buy lots of stuff from us but they can find that stuff somewhere else and they will - and they are no scared of any interim pain.

And when they inevitably do move on entirely all Morrison and Australia will have left is "we stood up to them" - so ******* what!

1.) Do you have proof that Morrison got orders from Trump or is that your suspiscions and heresay?

2.) China is not playing Australia like a fiddle, again are you getting all your info from global times? The trade bans have not hurt aus nearly as much as expected and have earned China some own goals plus embarrassing it further on the international stage.

3.) Australia needed to diversify and a lot of water has gone under the bridge already to suggest that it wasnt the worst path to go down. Australia has made allies along the way the quad being another example.

Please read up on other sources not what you want to read and never ever reference global times ever again while where at it.

Stop cherry picking articles and quotes to suit your agenda, your narrative and what has become your fiction.

Last edited:
But doing it alone and isolated because Trump asked you to is complete lunacy.

Doing it alone coz it's lil ol Aus? Who says it's 'lunacy' to ask something reasonable? You? How is it 'dog whistling' or is that just your opinion?

That's a journalistic opinion piece, ooh the euros were astounded! awmugerd quick scramble to fix the damage, the euros! It's all hyperbole.

The WHA can call an investigation, but hey that's ok, nothing to see here - tumbleweeds. But Aus does it and everyone loses their sh*t 'don't piss off China!' Yeah fk off!

Paywalled article, but willing to bet it's another opinion piece. There's no evidence Australia is 'rattled'.

At the end of the day China does not give a sh*t about Australia. They buy lots of stuff from us but they can find that stuff somewhere else and they will - and they are no scared of any interim pain.

Would not make one iota of difference whether we suck Xi's appendage or stand up to them, you're right China don't give a sh*t about no one. They'll do what they please until they overstep the mark and the rest of the world bring them to heel.

At the end of the day, would rather our govt. stand up to them instead bowing to Xi's every whim - makes zero difference to our trade wars, Xi will do what he wants regardless - he doesn't give a flying remember.

I seriously don't get the treading on egg shells around China, would gain zero. But in the same breath 'The US?! pffft, we don't need them!' It's laughable.

Doing it alone coz it's lil ol Aus? Who says it's 'lunacy' to ask something reasonable? You? How is it 'dog whistling' or is that just your opinion?

That's a journalistic opinion piece, ooh the euros were astounded! awmugerd quick scramble to fix the damage, the euros! It's all hyperbole.

The WHA can call an investigation, but hey that's ok, nothing to see here - tumbleweeds. But Aus does it and everyone loses their sh*t 'don't piss off China!' Yeah fk off!

Paywalled article, but willing to bet it's another opinion piece. There's no evidence Australia is 'rattled'.

Would not make one iota of difference whether we suck Xi's appendage or stand up to them, you're right China don't give a sh*t about no one. They'll do what they please until they overstep the mark and the rest of the world bring them to heel.

At the end of the day, would rather our govt. stand up to them instead bowing to Xi's every whim - makes zero difference to our trade wars, Xi will do what he wants regardless - he doesn't give a flying remember.

I seriously don't get the treading on egg shells around China, would gain zero. But in the same breath 'The US?! pffft, we don't need them!' It's laughable.

‘very binary arguments. Unfortunately instead of being a considered Leader, our PM sounds like a bigfooty buffooon

1.) Do you have proof that Morrison got orders from Trump or is that your suspiscions and heresay?

2.) China is not playing Australia like a fiddle, again are you getting all your info from global times? The trade bans have not hurt aus nearly as much as expected and have earned China some own goals plus embarrassing it further on the international stage.

3.) Australia needed to diversify and a lot of water has gone under the bridge already to suggest that it wasnt the worst path to go down. Australia has made allies along the way the quad being another example.

Please read up on other sources not what you want to read and never ever reference global times ever again while where at it.

Stop cherry picking articles and quotes to suit your agenda, your narrative and what has become your fiction.

You guys would dominate international diplomacy :drunk:

And the guy whos “got our back” gobbling up the contracts we lose?

‘whenever they dare to ask for a fair share of resource money from the straits?

I think you mean the east timorese there sport ;)

We stepped in when they voted for independence and the indos started their usual brutality gig. Unfortunately for them beating up on professional soldiers wasnt as easy as beating on unarmed civvies and so once again they had their bottoms smacked by australia and they didnt appreciate it (again) slow learners… weve embarrassed them every time weve butted heads right back to the konfrontasi

Then of course we as the hero of the story blew it by bullying the newly formed east timor and signing them up to a very lopsided deal in the straits.

It all matters what China decides to do with Taiwan. If they invade militarily then the US will defend Taiwan, if China decides to reunify via 'diplomatic means' its likely the US will stay out of it (as the current admin recognizes One China). Interesting what's going to happen with the Silicon industry in the mid to long term given the world relies on its output.

It all matters what China decides to do with Taiwan. If they invade militarily then the US will defend Taiwan, if China decides to reunify via 'diplomatic means' its likely the US will stay out of it (as the current admin recognizes One China). Interesting what's going to happen with the Silicon industry in the mid to long term given the world relies on its output.
Thing is the taiwanese dont want reunification.

<<< Majority reject unification: poll

By Chiu Yan-ling and Jonathan Chin / Staff reporter, with staff writer

An overwhelming majority of Taiwanese reject eventual unification with China, the results of a poll released yesterday by Taiwan Indicators Survey Research showed, with 66.4 percent opposed to it and only 18.5 percent in favor, while 15.1 percent remained noncommittal.

The poll also found that 50.4 percent of pan-blue respondents said they oppose unification, and that opposition to unification increases with youth, with 81 percent of those in the 20 to 29 age group saying that they oppose it.

The poll found 52.6 percent of respondents agreed that eventual independence should be Taiwan’s goal, with 30.9 opposed and 16.5 percent remaining noncommittal.

A cross-analysis of the poll showed that 74.7 percent of pan-green supporters and 30.6 percent of pan-blue supporters backed eventual independence, with 58.7 percent of pan-blues saying they are opposed to it.

Youth is correlated with approval for national independence, with about 72 percent of those in the 20 to 29 age group supporting independence, the cross-analysis found.>>>

Source: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/fro...vor, while 15.1 percent remained noncommittal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back