Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just how goddamn privileged are you?!

https://intersectionalityscore.com/

590136_66325801ea64307a2fa446877b451629.png

My result:

590135_c2bd66588fb5df0da07aa8424d0acefd.png

• Banned
My score was doing well, till i moved the slider from not-white to brown/dark brown. LOL!

My whiteness destroyed my score.

No privilege for me!

Ridiculous tool, I played around with the sensitivity and apparently being rich or poor has little impact, going by this tool trolley guy is more privileged than Gina Rinehart. Yet another theory designed to convince the working class that the reason they’re struggling is the person working next to them and not socioeconomics.

• Banned
I have done this before. You could have been raised in a sex cult and if you're white this survey claims you are still privileged.
Exactly. Identity politics cares not for who you, just what you are. It's the antithesis to treating people as you would want to be treated.

Exactly. Identity politics cares not for who you, just what you are. It's the antithesis to treating people as you would want to be treated.

I think that descrimination against race and gender happens but class is a massive contributor and identity politics seems to ignore this.

A well educated, well spoken black dude in most settings, will get more respect than a white person born into intergenerational poverty. Ditto the LGBT person educated at Caufield grammar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, not sure how born in Australia can be a slider, is in the centre being born in Tasmania or something? Is being born in the US equivalent to being born in Afghanistan?

Jokes about this program aside, chances are that everyone posting in this thread are actually amongst the luckiest, most privileged prople in the world.

We all clearly have access to the internet, which also means electricity. Over 1 billion people in the world don't even have secure (or any) access to that. Then consider the evidence of education, the fact that we live the kinds of lives in which we have the free time to engage in discussions like this... Even if there are some of us in the poorest 10% of Australians, those people would still be better off than about 70% of the rest of the world's population.

For most of us we find ourselves in this position largely by accident of birth to the right people in the right place at the right time.

We should be mindful of this good fortune because doing so makes us more grateful and humble about what we have and more empathetic and compassionate to those who don't.

Jokes about this program aside, chances are that everyone posting in this thread are actually amongst the luckiest, most privileged prople in the world.

We all clearly have access to the internet, which also means electricity. Over 1 billion people in the world don't even have secure (or any) access to that. Then consider the evidence of education, the fact that we live the kinds of lives in which we have the free time to engage in discussions like this... Even if there are some of us in the poorest 10% of Australians, those people would still be better off than about 70% of the rest of the world's population.

For most of us we find ourselves in this position largely by accident of birth to the right people in the right place at the right time.

We should be mindful of this good fortune because doing so makes us more grateful and humble about what we have and more empathetic and compassionate to those who don't.
Absolutely spot on. Which is why the divisive identity politicking is a hard pill to swallow.

Absolutely spot on. Which is why the divisive identity politicking is a hard pill to swallow.

There is definitely way too much divisive identity politics going on these days, from both sides of the aisle.

That some would use concepts such as privilege or intersectionality in divisive ways doesn't mean that those concepts are fundamentally invalid, without use or something that can or should be ignored, though. The idea that you can punch in your details and get a "privilege score", like there is some competition for privilege points (or disadvantage points depending on your perspective on the whole matter), is pretty facile. That is not the same thing as saying that there aren't still matters of race, faith, gender, class etc. that create unjustifiable inequalities in today's society that we should address and that there should be some responsibility on those who hold power and privilege to act to that end. That requires a degree of self-awareness that is not always present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back