The Jack Macrae Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JH74

Draftee
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I remember watching Steven King say in an interview back in 2015 that he's got a natural competitive edge where he just doesn't give up and will continue to grind out games, even if he's had a bad quarter or a bad half. After hearing him say this I decided to watch Macrae closely whenever he started a game slowly and my god he wasn't lying. He works his absolute ass off to ensure he ends up with his 20+ touches no matter how poorly he starts. It's almost as if he's aware of just how many disposals he's sitting on and has to make sure he reaches the 20 mark at a minimum. I now start smirking whenever I see him sitting on 9 touches at half time (rare I know) knowing he's probably beating himself up in the rooms and will come out and end up with 33 for the game. It's an amazing trait to have.
Had 3 touches at quarter time and 11 touches at half time on the weekend. Ended up with 33 for the game.

Libba39

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's my favourite player. One of the toughest players there is, but is barely a part of the conversation. He will always take the hit, holding the ball for the extra second to help the team. I also think he is the best tackler in our team and his defensive stuff is seriously underrated. Gun.
Classic example of this in the Hawks game which possibly not too many noticed.

At the end of that game it was Macrae on the bottom of a pack getting crunched by O'meara when Libba snapped through his goal. He really is a quiet achiever and so glad to have him at the Dogs.

Top Bottom