Oppo Camp The Kerridge Award 2024 - back in action!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to all contributors past and present and a special thanks to those (probably half of you) that I bounced ideas off or asked of a specific player.

I do apologise for not being thoroughly creative, but where possible I did my best to have results completed in a timely manner, which has been bloody difficult when I've been in 3 hubs this year.

I'll post a summary at some point and beyond that there will be a look at performances of the past, some of which I'd completely forgotten!

Until then, back to work.

Thanks to all contributors past and present and a special thanks to those (probably half of you) that I bounced ideas off or asked of a specific player.

I do apologise for not being thoroughly creative, but where possible I did my best to have results completed in a timely manner, which has been bloody difficult when I've been in 3 hubs this year.

I'll post a summary at some point and beyond that there will be a look at performances of the past, some of which I'd completely forgotten!

Until then, back to work.
Yes! let’s keep the thread ticking along over summer with the Classic Kerridge series.

I reckons requests should be outlawed. The more surprises the better👍🏼

All this years Kerridge winners, including a tie in round 5.

R1 Fantasia 115 - ferball, giantroo, Snake Baker, Psicosis, DrZaius, Harris 10, see see, tales 129, tazaa
R2 Bowes 83 - Daveyboy123
R3 Bruce 362 - Bruce - Bennymate, tazaa, krakouers85, Kanga Glory, Ashley B, Twinkletoes, ferball,
King Corey, Uncle_Leo, buttox, Wild Kangaroo, TennisPlayerAndy, Forever North, scottywiper, Devington, Flawed Genius, giantroo
R4 Sholl 134 - andana, Gasometer

R5 Miers 75 - Kangaroos4eva, Daveyboy123, krakouers85, FlyHigh18, DrZaius, RossHenshaw, The Anvil,
Flawed Genius, tazaa, ferball, big_e, Twinkletoes, Wild Kangaroo
R5 Parfitt 75- Nate7

R6 Schultz 114 - CharlieMortdecai, Ashley B, Flawed Genius
R7 Jordon 92 - N7, DaveyBoy123, big_e, andana
R8 Cameron 105 - DrZaius, Hojuman, SonofSamsquanch, Gumble Frankleton, big_e
R9 Wingard 114 - see see, krakouers85, giantroo
R10 Wright 134 - see see
R11 Dunstan 135 - Hojuman
R12 bye
R13 Cumming 90 - Devington, Daveyboy123, Luke72, DrZaius
R14 "Big O" McInerney 101 - Wild Kangaroo, SonofSamsquanch, Kangaroos4Eva, DaveyBoy123, ferball, big_e, DrZaius, Ashley B, see see
R15 Corbett 107 - andana
R16 Weightman 144 - shinboner magic
R17 Rotham 103 - Luke72
R18 Wright 120 - DrZaius, RossHenshaw, see see, ferball, Kangaroos4eva
R19 Newnes 114 - muttley45
R20 Blicavs 99 - Hojuman, Forever North
R21 Graham 161 - tazaa
R22 Hayward 151 - Nate7, giantroo, Flawed Genius, ferball
R23 McAdam 137 - RossHenshaw, ferball, Ashley B

I'm thinking when Covid restrictions are relaxed that we could all catch up and present the awards to Ferbs, FG and K4e.

Working title of the catch up: Spudchella

And the rest of us can go to Spudapalooza!

This concept started as a bit of back and forth between myself and Nate, so as to take a trip down memory lane for different reasons we introduce you to, "CLASSIC KERRIDGE!"

It what has been a tough year on-field with back to back finishes of 17th and 18th the past couple of years, we saw plenty of goals kicked against us so lets now look back at those kicked against us when we least bloody expected it. Or in today’s terms, where we actually do expect it (sad really)

First up, its none other than the Prince of Troy himself, TROY WILSONS!
966E191E-C1C3-45E5-9EC4-FDD041D4A78F.jpeg

Who was Troy Wilson? Recruited by West Coast in the early 2000's (I think) he made his debut in 2001 at the youthful age of 29. So, where exactly did this campaigner come from?
Well Troy isn't that special enough for me to give a * but he loved dining out on us. He kicked a bag of 4 and 5 in his 3 games against North.
Believe it or not he was destined to achieve Kerridge royalty by kicking a career high 7 goals against St Kilda in 2001 at Docklands in only his 2nd game.
This bloke is the definition of a Kerridge star.

The game he performed like Duck against us was none other than the final round of 2002. Sunday, September 1, 2002 up in Canberra. West coast had to win to make finals. In doing so they would take Geelong's place in the 8. North were safe. So in a sense Wilson’s actually Kerridged two clubs in this game.

That afternoon was already iffy with Choppy being suspended for the game and we lost Archer before the first bounce. In came David King and Shannon Watt of all people to play on Troy Wilsons. Warning signs were clearly there. Poor Dennis. His last HA game for the club and he had to bring in Watts. The following ensued.

West Coast got out to a flyer and lead at the first change, before we bounced back to lead at half time. In the 2nd half it was all West Coast.
Troy starred kicking 5 goals 2 from 7 kicks on the nations capital, in what would have been the first of the famous 2-first-names-multiplier performances.
Final stats? 7 kicks-7 marks-3 handballs-5 goals. 181 Kerridge points. Amazing.

In true Kerridge fashion Troy went on to only play just the 6 more AFL games for the Eagles before being delisted at the end of 2002.
Now that have I reminded you of Troy let us now truly forget the name.

If you are interested however in treating yourself to some ordinary viewing some sick * actually uploaded the whole game to youtube.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
This concept started as a bit of back and forth between myself and Nate, so as to take a trip down memory lane for different reasons we introduce you to, "CLASSIC KERRIDGE!"

If you are interested however in treating yourself to some ordinary viewing some sick fu** actually uploaded the whole game to youtube.
Enjoy!

Isn't footy a different game when handballs were actually real instead of the throws that are allowed these days...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Rohan finals highlights 2010-21:

Maybe the Grand Final should have its own Kerridge version of the Norm Smith? Suggestions for naming honours?

Kerridge version for Spud of the Finals Series should be known as The Rohan, not sure anyone else has the back catalogue to beat his nomination.

Good evening gentlemen. Before the next Classic Kerridge nomination I just wanted you all to raise our glasses in unison to our beloved brother, “the s**t Gray” Sam Gray who was delisted tonight.
Massive wtf that he was still on an AFL list in 2021 but commiserations to this s**t campaigner who ripped us apart one too many times.

Good evening gentlemen. Before the next Classic Kerridge nomination I just wanted you all to raise our glasses in unison to our beloved brother, “the sh*t Gray” Sam Gray who was delisted tonight.
Massive wtf that he was still on an AFL list in 2021 but commiserations to this sh*t campaigner who ripped us apart one too many times.

He used to have it wrapped up by 1/4 time with 3 goals on the board. If only Brad had been on BF. He could have read our warnings.

Ok people, GRAND FINAL KERRIDGE will happen if there's enough interest. Will even go "open slather", but certain players would attract reductions.
In.

This bloke. He looks like an absolute clown.
2306461_2_M.jpg
Assuming the "yes, I'm still a tad bitter about this trade" multiplier is in play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back