PS4 The Last of Us Part 2 (SPOILERS THREAD)

Remove this Banner Ad

If that doesn't sound like the rantings of a neckbeard I don't know what does.

I was ok with Ellie being gay but the fact that this Abbey woman (who looks like a Ma'am) beats Joel to death with a golf club then spat on by some one else is a joke and to top it of you have use this person for the remainder of the game to hunt down Ellie wtf. what happened to the continuation of the relationship between Joel and Ellie which was so great about the first game?

I was ok with Ellie being gay but the fact that this Abbey woman (who looks like a Ma'am) beats Joel to death with a golf club then spat on by some one else is a joke and to top it of you have use this person for the remainder of the game to hunt down Ellie.
Ok neckbeard

Ok neckbeard

I'm called a neckbeard because i prefer good story telling over woke narrative driven material? yep ok. At the end of the day it's the fans who will buy the game not the alphabet community this is The Last Jedi of video games.

Having Ellie hunting down Abbey for killing Joel would have made for a better revenge story no one is going to care about Abbey.

Last edited:
I'm called a neckbeard because i prefer good story telling over woke narrative driven material? yep ok. At the end of the day it's the fans who will buy the game not the alphabet community this is The Last Jedi of video games.

Having Ellie hunting down Abbey for killing Joel would have made for a better revenge story no one is going to care about Abbey.
Are you basing your rage about the storyline based on that article clearly set to create this exact response before the game launches?

In TLOU 1, did everyone murder the doctors at the end or let them live?

I killed all 3 :fearscream:

No my opinion is based on the leaks that I read and saw.

I didn't have an issue with the game up until the point were Joels dies and then you have to use Abbey.
I don't own a PlayStation so I have no idea what you are so angry about.

But it seems very strange to be upset about "leaks" especially when you haven't played the game.

I don't own a PlayStation so I have no idea what you are so angry about.

But it seems very strange to be upset about "leaks" especially when you haven't played the game.

From what I've read and seen the entire game has been basically leaked including the ending. There is just too much information and cut scenes of major plot points in the story to ignore as having no context would say the leaks are 100% legit reminds me of when Rise of Skywalker got leaked.

And for the record I'm actually not angry and raging just very disappointed.

Last edited:
EDIT Never mind i can’t read lol

59752.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea why people are upset about Joel getting killed, the story is about revenge and actions having consequences, Joel not only killed humanities last chance, he destroyed a life a young girl. In our eyes Joel was saving Ellie in Abby's eye's he killed her father that was saving the world. Imagine the kids of the fireflies, their savouir comes and the promise of a normal life is in their sight only for a raging ape to kill their families and leave them alone in the world with the last flame of hope extinguished.

Joel is not a good human he killed innocent people for his own gain "oh he aren't even hurt" Wonder why he knew that act?. His hatred from the death of his daughter spread like the virus, infecting everyone around him, causing nothing but pain and death, his past was always going to catch up to him.

People need to see how they build Abby as a character they will have a whole game to do so, the same amount of time we've spent with Joel so far!. Last Of Us was never meant to be happy it's a dark depressing world and I'm impressed they had the balls to kill a main character.

*1. Abby is not transgender that was assumption that's proven to be wrong.
*2. They've shown why Abby has a muscular build.

I have no idea why people are upset about Joel getting killed, the story is about revenge and actions having consequences, Joel not only killed humanities last chance, he destroyed a life a young girl. In our eyes Joel was saving Ellie in Abby's eye's he killed her father that was saving the world. Imagine the kids of the fireflies, their savouir comes and the promise of a normal life is in their sight only for a raging ape to kill their families and leave them alone in the world with the last flame of hope extinguished.

Joel is not a good human he killed innocent people for his own gain "oh he aren't even hurt" Wonder why he knew that act?. His hatred from the death of his daughter spread like the virus, infecting everyone around him, causing nothing but pain and death, his past was always going to catch up to him.

People need to see how they build Abby as a character they will have a whole game to do so, the same amount of time we've spent with Joel so far!. Last Of Us was never meant to be happy it's a dark depressing world and I'm impressed they had the balls to kill a main character.

*1. Abby is not transgender that was assumption that's proven to be wrong.
*2. They've shown why Abby has a muscular build.
At the end of TLOU, didn't they say there's hundreds immune like Ellie? Or was that Joel dreaming or something?

At the end of TLOU, didn't they say there's hundreds immune like Ellie? Or was that Joel dreaming or something?
Joel was lying to cover his arse from Ellie, the lore made it seem questionable if the operation on would have worked 100%(least my interruption)but Neil Drunkmen confirmed in post launch interviews it was a guarantee.

Playing a new character who has to kill Ellie doesn’t sound too appealing.

As with the posts above Joel’s a great character but in the words of Norm MacDonald, he was a real jerk. You could probably guess his past would catch up with him in this game. Fine with that stuff.

Will still give it a go since the first game was really well written. Not sure they’re good enough to pull something like the Abbey switcheroo off though! Keen to see either way.

I always figured Joel and Ellie's stories were over with anyway, I would have liked to see a game based in the same universe maybe just in a different time/location.

I always figured Joel and Ellie's stories were over with anyway, I would have liked to see a game based in the same universe maybe just in a different time/locatio
I wanted a perspective of the fireflies and their mission to find immune people with the story tying into Joel and Ellie, with the second half dealing with the collpase of the fireflies, or new characters dealing with the outbreak aftermath and losing sense of morality to survive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back