The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm Natalie Imbruglia.

I'm thinking of doing a Mario Display with the Bowser as the centrepiece, on a self made raised stage. Then buying the Question Block, piranha and one of the starter sets directly in front of the stage. Will look sick.

But then, I want the Gotham City, to pair with the BatCave, the batwing and one of the cheaper Batmans that i already made.

I loved building the question block and the piranha plant is cute. I haven't built my big Bowser yet.

On to the Viking Village (21343). Been looking forward to this one, lots of details for the price and should go well with the recent Viking ship.

15 numbered bags and one of those impossible-to-open-without-damaging-it cardboard pouches for the instructions. Nice preamble in the instructions too. No stickers!!

Looks modular in its design and display (like Eldorado Fortress) but I'm not sure if it actually is.

Quick update on the Viking Village. Bag 1 is the base for the first of three sections, and yes it has bars at the edges, presumably for clips on the other sections to fit. Not sure how interchangeable they might be but there must be some flexibility.

Bigger than I was expecting it to be, too. Bags 2 and 3 finish this building, which looks like a forge making helmets, shields and swords. The blacksmith is multi-skilled, holding both a paintbrush and a fairly menacing (but nicely printed) hammer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am halfway through building the kingfisher.
Bag two was horrendous. I had to use the Lego Builder app for that one. I love the shimmering blue bricks though.

Big Bowser will be next. Got lots of footy events on this week with Gather Round here in Adelaide
Yeah the whole water effect is very well done but really frustrating to build. The end result is impressive though.

I am halfway through building the kingfisher.
Bag two was horrendous. I had to use the Lego Builder app for that one. I love the shimmering blue bricks though.

Big Bowser will be next. Got lots of footy events on this week with Gather Round here in Adelaide
1000002397.jpg
I'm doing bowser at the moment. Saw this in the lego store, so bought some tan wall bricks from bricklink to make an elevated stage.

Will send photos when complete.

Still haven't been able to find the Piranha Plant. Lego.com says it'll be in stock next week. Fingers crossed.

I think the Bowser Muscle Car is my favourite set of 2024 so far.

Enjoying the Viking Village, it's a bit derivative of other village sets (the build reminds me of Eldorado Fortress or the Lighthouse in that you spend much of the time creating rocky scenery) but it has some fun details and of course is a lot cheaper than, say, the Medieval Town Centre if you like that kind of build.

Just bought the BMW Speed Champions set in the Target sale. Not really into cars but I love those builds and have far too many of them ;).

I don't know how I am going to display them yet but this is my small Mario collection. Absolutely loved building the ?block. I made posts in here when I was building it. Out of the polybags the cat Goombas are hilarious.
View attachment 1948465
View attachment 1948466
Ordered like 300+ from Bricklink. This is how my elevated stage looks. Would want it a bit higher but don't quite have enough left. 1000004664.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back