The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Then I made the Harry Potter fantasy beast small set. This has 5 glow in the dark pieces and is pretty cute. I like the colours. I have quite a lot of Harry Potter sets of varying sizes. 20240516_222300.jpg

Going to display this with the small Thestral set. They go well together.
20240516_222311.jpg

Want to do Big Bowser next but I have fa attention span right now

Just finished Andrea's Mansion. A lot of fun, plenty of bright (and frustrating) colours and an interesting end result. If you have Friends fans in your family they'll love it, but it's not to everyone's taste. Over-priced for the theme, sadly, I'm used to buying the larger Friends sets at reasonable discounts - this one is an exclusive.

Seems to have sold well though, so perhaps (like every other theme it seems) we'll see more like it.

Just finished Andrea's Mansion. A lot of fun, plenty of bright (and frustrating) colours and an interesting end result. If you have Friends fans in your family they'll love it, but it's not to everyone's taste. Over-priced for the theme, sadly, I'm used to buying the larger Friends sets at reasonable discounts - this one is an exclusive.

Seems to have sold well though, so perhaps (like every other theme it seems) we'll see more like it.

Can we see please? I only did the botanical garden and I really enjoyed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever invested into one of those light up sets for any of their kits?
I was given one for the Palace Cinema. It looks great, albeit far too bright, but the key issue is it isn't a "clean" install. The wires, though tiny, still have to go under bricks and the end result just looks a little cludgy. They're also fiddly to install - you have to build the model then mess with it to put lights in.

They're expensive too, so I've never tried another. Would rather buy more Lego.

Lego announced a few years back they were working with a supplier of these with a view to providing better integration, but to date nothing has come of it.

One of these days I must look into some kind of custom solution for the winter village.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back