The Librarians

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thread can-play, i was waiting for some1 to start up one on this show.

Didn't find it overly funny, but then again i'm gonna give it a go. It's following on from a very funny show in SHH so i had high expectations of this.

Hopefully the next ep is better.

News flash: comedy show with no laugh track, awkward moments and mockumentary-esque stylings is labelled an Office rip-off.

Haven't seen the show, I'm not defending or bagging it, but I'm sick of people saying any show that is mockumentary like is a rip off of The Office.

It's not a mockumentary

And its also not like the Office

and it's also shithouse. I mean honestly, 30 minutes of Muslim and handicapped jokes, how hilarious:rolleyes:

I liked it.

I know more people like these characters, than Chris Lilley's (not bagging him in terms of quality at all).

As much as i found SHH really funny, I'm pretty much sick of high school characters, no matter how entertaining they are.
So did I. Watched it for a second time last night and I'm thoroughly enjoying it :thumbsu:

The plot is surprisingly engaging.

Saw it last night for the first time and I didn't think it was too bad. Some of the jokes don't really hit, but to keep hitting them while using such a cringe worthy style of humour would be very difficult - and I don't have expectations that high, especially for Australian comedies not written by Chris Lilley.

I like the use of flashbacks.

It'll fill the gap between Chaser's and Newstopia pretty well. :)

i think it was funny. but the chics r all old and look like mutton dressed as lamb. i would do christine tho she looked hot for a oldie

It's not a mockumentary

And its also not like the Office

and it's also shithouse. I mean honestly, 30 minutes of Muslim and handicapped jokes, how hilarious:rolleyes:

Fair enough. But if the jokes were done well then 30 minutes of Muslim and handicapped jokes would be funny (yes I did see the show last night and it was crap). It's just stuck in between being funny because the woman is a bigot, and being funny because of the nature of the jokes. It is neither though.

Still it's not the worst show going around. Much better than the overrated shows like All Saints and McLeod's Daughters.

oh dear this one is a real shocker, I had high hopes from the promos, first show was crap, wanted to give it another chance because newstopia had a poor first ep, but it got even worse. There's no storyline, a library is too restrictive for any story to take place, and all of the jokes are really pretty simple, unimaginative jokes that any of us could make. The dyslexic jokes just really aren't funny, haha he spelt something wrong because he's dyslexic!!! just doesn't work...

It really just shows you how amazing Chris Lilley is to develop an engaging story, write a great script, act all 3 main characters and make a hilarious show.

This was 17th in the ratings for ep 1, expect about 5% of the audience to hang around

Been wondering about other people's opinions on this one.

I hung around for the first ep after the Chaser simply out of habit with SHH and because it has supposedly a decent rep. Hmm, borderline, turned off halfway. I watched the whole of the 2nd ep, but again, nothing special. I dunno, I just wasn't laughing.

Missing SHH BIG time...

I watched SHH again on the weekend - sorry people but its not funny. The jokes i laughed barely got a giggle. Another case of people just simply jumping on the bandwagon - per usual.

As for this show, i found some of it funny..some of it hit and miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you serious? the storyline is non existant, and the story and characters they try to create are very unrealistic. I'm not saying comedies have to be realistic, but this is supposed to be a parody on real life and it fails dismally. All the jokes are fairly obvious. And i know it may seem irrelevant but the music is horrendous lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back