Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished Rebels. Found myself enjoying it more than Clone Wars for some reason. Maybe cause less droid time.
And Chopper is likeable.

Wish I had finished it before Mandalorian aired. For anyone who hasnt seen Rebels you miss out by not knowing about Ahsoka, Darksaber, Bo Katan, Sabine and Ezras/Thrawns whereabouts.

Just finished Rebels. Found myself enjoying it more than Clone Wars for some reason. Maybe cause less droid time.
And Chopper is likeable.

Wish I had finished it before Mandalorian aired. For anyone who hasnt seen Rebels you miss out by not knowing about Ahsoka, Darksaber, Bo Katan, Sabine and Ezras/Thrawns whereabouts.
1614095935778.png

Im keen for the Book of Boba Fett but its prob gunna send me broke :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

173955626_10159565823238413_7933461314254134492_n.jpg

You managed to get a pair of them sneakers before they sold out!

Are they awesome? I wanted some.

yeah very comfortable, only worn them a few times,

I was having issues getting them too, then I got lucky on ebay a guy in NSW had my exact size

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not referred to by name in the movies and there is no law forbidding anyone referring to it as Slave 1 amongst themselves.

That's not really the point though, it's a thoroughly dumb decision. I've seen conflicting reports that it's just been done for the toy range, but it seems as if it's a Disney decision so may be more wide-reaching. I absolutely get that in the scheme of things it's not a big deal - but if it's not a big deal why change in the first place?

To be honest, I never knew Bobba's ship was called Slave 1, I always referred to it as the flying iron.
I always looked confusingly at it when at rest. ok, go in and then get in your seat looking vertically a la space shuttle.

I always looked confusingly at it when at rest. ok, go in and then get in your seat looking vertically a la space shuttle.
It was a weird design for a spaceship. It never really made any sense to me. I guess Lucas liked it was different.

That's not really the point though, it's a thoroughly dumb decision. I've seen conflicting reports that it's just been done for the toy range, but it seems as if it's a Disney decision so may be more wide-reaching. I absolutely get that in the scheme of things it's not a big deal - but if it's not a big deal why change in the first place?

It’s not a big deal to me because I don’t have an ancestral history of being enslaved. It is a big deal to some people whose ancestors went through that, and it’s not my position to crack the sads over the name of a fantasy space ship.

It’s not a big deal to me because I don’t have an ancestral history of being enslaved. It is a big deal to some people whose ancestors went through that, and it’s not my position to crack the sads over the name of a fantasy space ship.

I think if people whose ancestors were slaves are getting triggered by a ship name which you yourself said isn't even uttered on screen, then those people have bigger issues than the name of a fictional ship. And I mean that entirely genuinely, they probably have deeper issues going on in their life or history that they need to get help for.

In a fictional series about wars in other Galaxies, having a concept of slavery should not be seen as wrong. Bloody hell, are they going to go back and change Anakin's occupation in TPM?

Are they gonna rename Leia's slave outfit?

It's been referred to as the Huttslayer outfit for ages, but that's a bit different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back