Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that it is actually written in Nic Nat's contract that he can't cut the dreadlocks. Has anyone else heard this? I guess it's probably commonplace now - wouldn't be surprised if Nat Fyfe has something similar. It's all about branding....
I have heard that. Also that Nic Nat gets the majority of the income from the dreadlock wigs they sell for their home games.

The West want Fyfe out for thirty days judging from the headline. Or maybe it's forever, once you click on it
All for his own well being no doubt

The West want Fyfe out for thirty days judging from the headline. Or maybe it's forever, once you click on it
So is their recommended return date 2nd May , day after the Derby ?

In fairness there is a lot we don't know about concussions and this is Fyfe's third. Would hate for him to become as articulate as Jonothan Brown post career. Suggesting caution isn't a bad thing and I suspect its the direction the league will be taking in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just highlighting the issue of concussion, and it's demonstrably worse than just supporting the team they sponsor, I used the term gaslighting cause that's what it is. Trying to put doubts into Fyfes head and have him second guess the advice he will be getting from actual professionals that will be examining him. It's lower than low to target a star of the game like that

It's not just highlighting the issue of concussion, and it's demonstrably worse than just supporting the team they sponsor, I used the term gaslighting cause that's what it is. Trying to put doubts into Fyfes head and have him second guess the advice he will be getting from actual professionals that will be examining him. It's lower than low to target a star of the game like that
Tell me exactly what is wrong with getting a scan like they suggest? Fyfe's health comes above football.

Without reading the article I assume it's just saying that anyone who gets concussion (not just Fyfe) should take a month off. It's only some bullshit editor who has made it all about Fyfe in the headline for clickbait purposes.

In fairness there is a lot we don't know about concussions and this is Fyfe's third. Would hate for him to become as articulate as Jonothan Brown post career. Suggesting caution isn't a bad thing and I suspect its the direction the league will be taking in the future.

Yeah unfortunately i reckon if he gets one more concussion this year. He may have to sit out a month. As a worst case scenario.

Players have to be protected from themselves. And he had a bad one 2 years ago. And generally once you get a concussion they could happen more frequently from the slightest contact.

In some article Pav wrote he said he’d had seven concussions in his career and he seems to me to go ok. Which I guess is my way of agreeing there’s a lot we don’t know about how concussions work and their cumulative effects.

Tell me exactly what is wrong with getting a scan like they suggest? Fyfe's health comes above football.
Well I don't want to be a smartarse but at best DTI is a research tool. Jess is no clinical expert, he's a player agent with a financial interest in having as many ex clients as he can remain on the gravy train post retirement.
There actually is a huge problem with overimaging since at least some of PCS is related to psychological resilience and as soon as you do these highly sensitive scans you will find abnormalities, the significance of which no one knows but then a) they'll look good in a lawsuit and b) knowing your brain is structurally abnormal may even contribute to PCS in some patients. There is a definite psychological profile of who more commonly gets PCS which is not to say it isn't a real problem, clearly 10-20% of people get it and in some cases get it for years and it's debilitating.
What Fyfe should do is follow best clinical practice, not take advice of Jess through the newspaper. In fact as I said before I think this is just a deliberate attempt to get to him, it's no coincidence. If he wants to get a MRI, enrol in a research trial understanding that at present no one knows for certain which abnormalities contribute most to PCS nor what to do with them if you find them

Last edited:
On 360 and On the Couch, all said it was bullshit that Reid got 2 weeks and graded as high instead of severe.
I'm not sure the case for Reid not being able to avoid that collision is as strong as they make it out to be. Reviewing it several times and there were definitely other options for him to avoid or minimise the collision. There's a stronger case for Reid picking off a player from behind than is being let on. Sure he didn't travel far, and Switkowski had some influence, but he's not in the contest and the ball is some distance away when he hits Fyfe.

In some article Pav wrote he said he’d had seven concussions in his career and he seems to me to go ok. Which I guess is my way of agreeing there’s a lot we don’t know about how concussions work and their cumulative effects.
And a lot we dont know about the incidence of concussion in years past

Without reading the article I assume it's just saying that anyone who gets concussion (not just Fyfe) should take a month off. It's only some bullshit editor who has made it all about Fyfe in the headline for clickbait purposes.

Always dangerous to talk about an article you haven't read. The jist of it is that the bloke who is leading the class action of retired footballers who have had their post-football life severely impacted by repeated concussions is saying Fyfe should get a particular type of scan and sit out a month of football, due to the repeated nature of his concussions.

Not sure I agree with it (I'm not a doctor), but I did hear Fyfe say on a podcast once that he'd had long-term symptoms early in his career from a concussion, until he went and saw an osteopath who sorted him out.

I just don't buy into this BS that The West's sports journos and editorial team are sitting around looking for different ways to shaft Freo - they write what they think people will be interested in, they're not some black hand trying to oversee the club's demise.

Do the Eagles get a better run? Sure, but thats because they have a larger fanbase and 7West is a major sponsor. I'm sure they'd prefer to have Freo do well too as that naturally increases interest in content and drives traffic to the site.

Some of the stuff I've seen on this thread is verging on QAnon 'deep state' territory...

That's very true Shaymulz, and almost the sanest thing written on here.
However, how come they Front page the Scotty Chisholm domestic violence thing last week, and nada about Daniel Kerr (currently incarcerated again) on today's front page?
hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back