Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will have the up around the ground for most of the game, I don’t think we will have the scoring power to peg them back/keep up with their scoring

I can’t see any excuses for us not winning. If we get beaten we are simply not good enough despite significant advantages including no travel, a settled team, an injury impacted opponent, a confidence boosting win the week before. Doesn’t mean we will win, but splitting the games with WC and jagging away wins are part of the formula for playing finals and we have a great opportunity to do that this round.

Being strong in the contest but not overly aggressive is part of the key I think. Trying to do things like rough up NN or even Gaff detract from focusing on the game plan. Fyfe and Mundy have the ammunition to drive us into the finals, and that will work strongly in favour of our younger midfielders being able to maintain their output.

Regarding free kicks against Darcy in the ruck, I really hope our coaches have got this sorted out. I’m not really accepting of the whiny comments on this forum about this. In fact I almost see the opposite and think that if we are clean in the ruck contests free kicks in general are more likely to slip our way, although I am not optimistic enough to suggest that they will actually favour us.

they will come very fired up to play after that massively embarrassing loss last week when Geelong completely spanked them, and we might win the midfield battle, but they are highly accurate at Optus and our misses will see us not keep up with that and lose momentum. If we continue with that zone defense while they just ping it into their leads like the preseason match, I may be TV shopping the next day. I really hope JLo has learned from that.

Without Yeo all over Fyfe, i can see a fairly big game for the great one.
Hutchings just doesn't have the same contest

The longer Fyfe goes without putting one through the big sticks, the closer he is to putting one through the big sticks.

Back yourself Nat, play your game.

All our wins are bottom 8 and possibly even bottom 6 clubs.
If this were the second half of the season it might carry more weight. But part of the reason why these teams are in the bottom 8 is because Freo helped put them there. Adelaide were 5th when we faced them. It's almost like saying that if Freo are able to beat a side, they can't have been as good as a side as people thought.

Doesn't mean I think Freo win this, or should be considered favourites. To me, every game is 50/50, even if some leave me more shocked and miserable (St Kilda, Rd 18, 2014)

If this were the second half of the season it might carry more weight. But part of the reason why these teams are in the bottom 8 is because Freo helped put them there. Adelaide were 5th when we faced them. It's almost like saying that if Freo are able to beat a side, they can't have been as good as a side as people thought.

Doesn't mean I think Freo win this, or should be considered favourites. To me, every game is 50/50, even if some leave me more shocked and miserable (St Kilda, Rd 18, 2014)
WC are outside the 8. As you say, early days.

I had flashbacks of that game during the Carlton game this year. We were woeful and got obliterated on the spread from the opening minute if I recall correctly.

To put a positive slant on things...the Carlton game might end up being a blessing in disguise. It was a proper lesson showing the younger guys that you just can't switch off for a quarter or back off from the contest (as JL would say).

They should be acutely aware of what's likely to hit them on Sunday and hopefully their experience from a few weeks earlier will hold them in better stead.

I don’t have the text but thought this would be a handy reference for next week when the campaigners down the road blame their impending derby loss and shithoous performances in general on injuries.

To put a positive slant on things...the Carlton game might end up being a blessing in disguise. It was a proper lesson showing the younger guys that you just can't switch off for a quarter or back off from the contest (as JL would say).

They should be acutely aware of what's likely to hit them on Sunday and hopefully their experience from a few weeks earlier will hold them in better stead.

It will, but the big test will come when we’re without Fyfe again. He’s made a massively positive difference to the midfield since the Carlton game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally on the money, ignoramus.

One of the great things about being a 2021 version Freo supporter is the whole 2-horse race vibe - it's exciting again. I like being hopeful. I like thinking we're a sneaky chance - every time we go in. I don't like expecting to crush a side and getting filthy we didn't win by a 100 and I hate expecting to get spanked.

West Coast's problems are West Coast's problems. If we lose, and there's a chance we will, it will probably be because of another permutation on that age-old theme of efficiency; ie, we'll beat them most places except on the scoreboard.

What we can control there is how we go inside fifty - to assist in maximising the chances we do get - and the signs there have been positive. Serong and Mundy are leading the way in lowering the eyes and spotting up dudes inside 50.

The Weags historically corral ball carriers and force them to go over the top. Which is why we bomb it in and Hurn or McShovin or Sheppard or Barrass just float by and pick the high ball off.

Well, we're getting better at dealing with that stuff. I'm not super confident but I just want to see, in this game, continued improvement in this one part of the game against a team that has routinely exploited our shittiness in this area.

They haven’t won more than two quarters in any game this year. They’re sh*t and inconsistent and if it wasn’t for their ridiculous efficiency they’d be a bottom 4 side this year. We got this.
Their forward efficiency is precisely why I want us to draft some quality forwards. Having lots of them keeps you in games you have no right to be in.

Without Yeo all over Fyfe, i can see a fairly big game for the great one.
Hutchings just doesn't have the same contest
Pretty sure Hutchings is injured.

I think the end of the season we will see all of Crows, Hawks, North (obvs) and GWS in the bottom 8 regardless of the results against us. Maybe GWS can get out if they gets some players back.

Are you sure?

In Adelaide, the citys ratings tanked in 2020, down 16% on 2019 to 80,000 viewers per game. AFL Minor Premiers Port Adelaide scored the bragging rights this year with an average audience of 101,000, while the Crows managed 86,000 on their home screens on Seven

In Perth, the ratings drop was less dramatic, down 5.2% to an average of just over 92,000. Fremantle averaged 108,000 viewers per match, while West Coast averaged 143,000 per game .

In Adelaide, the highest rating game was Round 8s Showdown with 187,000 viewers. The second Showdown rated only 4th with 170,000 viewers.

Finally, to Perth, where the highest rating game was the Western Derby in Round 16 with 235,000 viewers. The first derby in round 4 was the second highest with 228,000.
But what about the Melbourne and Sydney audiences? That is where the ratings are.

Now that Sydney has shown some OK form, I reckon they will start to get some decent time slots. Because even an OK Sydeny is more likely to rate on the east coast than a flying Freo or WCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back