Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article in the West Coast Australian on Joel Western today. Paywall
Says Western could be like Bolton from the Tigers, his colts coach says height is a shallow measure of a player, and backs Western to succeed at afl level.
I agree, get him in.
And may I remind the commentators on this board who say we have too many short people, we had the two tallest mids in the Derby and they got beat by Kelly and Sheed

And may I remind the commentators on this board who say we have too many short people, we had the two tallest mids in the Derby and they got beat by Kelly and Sheed

Height had nothing to do with why the mids were beaten.

Do we know what the alarming stat that is haunting the Dockers is?. It isn't goal kicking inaccuracy apparently. Article in the West.
Did you not read my post in the positivity thread? Tackles i50 I'd say - just guessing though ;) And if it is, Jordan clearly read my post.

Did you not read my post in the positivity thread? Tackles i50 I'd say - just guessing though ;) And if it is, Jordan clearly read my post.
I'm not sure they were worried about our tackles anyway. They still managed to find one of their many players on the outside by hand like we weren't there. You are probably right though. Personally, I thought WC just ran harder for longer....in both directions.

Good article in the West Coast Australian on Joel Western today. Paywall
Says Western could be like Bolton from the Tigers, his colts coach says height is a shallow measure of a player, and backs Western to succeed at afl level.
I agree, get him in.
It’s in the young talent time thread

its actually kind of good for an amateur artist.

mums an artist. was an art and music teacher. spent a few days after school in an art room and we used to go see all sort of gallery's and other stuff. So i've seen a lot of art. For an amateur that is impressive.

My art teacher in grade 4 broke a 1mtr ruler next to me because I sewed a cloth piece to my pants. She didn't happen to work in Bunbury and now willing to pay psychological reparations?

I'm super bullish on Western because what he excelled at as a junior he still excels at in the AFL. He's still the quickest player going.

He's also not one of those rapid blokes who can't football. He knows how to find it, where the goals are and how to dispose the ball. Is even a decent contested player (but that may diminish in the AFL).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm super bullish on Western because what he excelled at as a junior he still excels at in the AFL. He's still the quickest player going.

He's also not one of those rapid blokes who can't football. He knows how to find it, where the goals are and how to dispose the ball. Is even a decent contested player (but that may diminish in the AFL).
Smart player

Exciting times. Hope he snags a debut this week, we need some positivity.

On the height thing - I get the concerns about being a touch small, but we had a starting midfield averaging 6'3 for 3-4 years and fell short (pardon the pun). Richmond have Dion Prestia in their midfield and played with one KPF in 2017.

A player like Serong has more than enough attributes to make up for being sub 180, hopefully we'll be able to say the same for the forward flankers/wingers we're developing.

Debra Brayshaw is a wise woman

"With the national draft I don't believe you can say I don't want to go interstate, it's a national competition and you need to be able to put your hand up and say 'If I'm lucky enough to be chosen anywhere I'm going with bells on it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back