Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should all be disappointed. We've lost four games to sides below us on the ladder, two of those were Carlton. Carlton! A third of their wins all year are against Freo.

There's been definite growth, but we've shot ourselves in the foot and are lucky to be in the eight, we should be two or three games clear of 9th.

We should be talking about a top six spot, a home final.

But we fluffed it.
Disappointment's for chumps. It's also obviously feelings based and objectivity-proof, so it's a safely vacuous thing for a pundit to pretend he's saying something meaningful about a team he couldn't give a stuff about.

Vastly offset by Healy. What a knob.
Healy made the comments about Banfield when recruited was working on a roof in Albany. It was significant WTF moment. Rightly so a number of Freo supporters called him out saying our Banfield grew up in Broome and his parents own Willie Creek Pearls.

Also heard earlier in the match on triple M commentary with Wayne Carey, James Brayshaw and Luke Darcy taking about Lobb and him supposedly being open to trade. Carey and Darcy made comments about him adding zero’s to his next contract and that he was out of contract and Freo would lose him for under value.

Healy made the comments about Banfield when recruited was working on a roof in Albany. It was significant WTF moment. Rightly so a number of Freo supporters called him out saying our Banfield grew up in Broome and his parents own Willie Creek Pearls.

Also heard earlier in the match on triple M commentary with Wayne Carey, James Brayshaw and Luke Darcy taking about Lobb and him supposedly being open to trade. Carey and Darcy made comments about him adding zero’s to his next contract and that he was out of contract and Freo would lose him for under value.
They have nfi and don’t bother to watch us or do any research. It’ll be hilarious when we win the next 3.

Healy is hard to take seriously when he sees a player get a couple of possessions he suddenly becomes an expert on him and where he fits in your team: "right now, this bloke is showing everyone he could be the missing piece" .

Howie was no better. Healy was waxing lyrical about some bloke called "Switzkowski", and Howie says "he couldn't get a game last year".

If NM get up tomorrow night, WCE fans are going to riot. I can hear the boos already. Hook it straight into my veins!

For those of you who are out of W.A, Simmo stated this week when he was questioned about their pathetic performance last week by a journo; ” Look people can judge us after the next round how good we are “

In other words judge us once we have Margetts, Dalgleish and HYL umpiring in front of our crowd at their booing best and playing against the bottom team.

The sanctimony of this prick is palpable.
Basil basically responded, “ yeah no worries Simmo thanks for joining us mate “...... FFS.

For those of you who are out of W.A, Simmo stated this week when he was questioned about their pathetic performance last week by a journo; ” Look people can judge us after the next round how good we are “

In other words judge us once we have Margetts, Dalgleish and HYL umpiring in front of our crowd at their booing best and playing against the bottom team.

The sanctimony of this prick is palpable.
Basil basically responded, “ yeah no worries Simmo thanks for joining us mate “...... FFS.
Wasn’t sure I could hate that mob any more but here we are.

Alllllbany, so Gerard told me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healy is hard to take seriously when he sees a player get a couple of possessions he suddenly becomes an expert on him and where he fits in your team: "right now, this bloke is showing everyone he could be the missing piece" .

Howie was no better. Healy was waxing lyrical about some bloke called "Switzkowski", and Howie says "he couldn't get a game last year".
They were equally as shocked that Banfield hadn’t played this year. Went on and on about it. Took at least 10 minutes before one of them (NDS I think) bothered to check and realised he’d been injured.

Honestly don't mind Healy. Yeah he gets a bit wrong now and again but at least he talks about us and is often positive. All other comentators seem shocked we exist. Also i remember a few weeks ago on 'on the couch' they were talking about darcy before he re-signed and Brown made a comment about him going to Geelong and Healy basically told him to stfu. So yeah always got time for him.

I was listening to ABC wireless & they were more interested in a song (Imagine) that Sellers McClure sang in the 70’s for a VFL album. They constantly spoke about it whilst play was going on & then read out texts from listeners about it whilst play was going on.
I think he sang a version at half time, but I switched it off for the break. Mark McClure is so bad on everything he does but keeps getting a gig, it’s cringeworthy.

I just watched First Crack and King doesn't even attempt to be objective. It's palpable how stubborn and personal it is for him, he actually scoffs and makes a remark at how long they just spent talking about us. Kudos to Montagna for holding him accountable.
Yep. I'd love for someone to ask King who he thinks he's performed better this season Essendon or Freo. If he plonks for Bombers ask who he thinks they've beaten.

Jeez. Not sure anyone thought if was heatbreaking when he left tbh.

Chris Mayne was a slightly above average player at best. At worst he was a slightly below average player. That’s what he was in his last two years at Freo tbh. To get a second rounder for him was daylight robbery, as was getting Brad Hill for that selection, as was what we got for Brad Hill.

Him leaving the club was a positive. That doesn’t however have any impact whatsoever on how he’d perform as an Assistant Coach imo. I can’t really comment on how he’d go as an Assistant Coach tbh.

If Longmuir and/or the club reckons he’d make a good Assistant Coach I’d welcome him back. I do not pretend I’m better placed than the club to make that call though.
Yes agree, apart from him playing at another club, and especially one in Victoria, is a positive impact for me. Different experience and systems. And the journey he went through at Collingwood is something to draw from.

Jeez. Not sure anyone thought if was heatbreaking when he left tbh.

Chris Mayne was a slightly above average player at best. At worst he was a slightly below average player. That’s what he was in his last two years at Freo tbh. To get a second rounder for him was daylight robbery, as was getting Brad Hill for that selection, as was what we got for Brad Hill.

Him leaving the club was a positive. That doesn’t however have any impact whatsoever on how he’d perform as an Assistant Coach imo. I can’t really comment on how he’d go as an Assistant Coach tbh.

If Longmuir and/or the club reckons he’d make a good Assistant Coach I’d welcome him back. I do not pretend I’m better placed than the club to make that call though.
If he does come back it will be as a development coach at first. So it won't have a huge impact. I doubt they'd make him a line coach straight up.

It’ll be a shock to the system if we make the finals, considering how many ‘experts’ have no ******* idea about our team.

The challenge is we've beaten one team in the 8 (Sydney) and one of the challengers (GWS), both at home of course.

Right now we look like a 8-12 type team, it'd be nice to pull out a good performance against a better team.
We didn't look bad against the Western Bulldogs, but we also didn't look like we were going to pinch it, and then the injuries put an end to any hope.

We need at least 4 of the last 6 to get in there, and maybe one more given our percentage.
Geelong, Sydney, Richmond, Brisbane, Eagles, St Kilda - if we're good enough we should be thereabouts, but we could also only pick up a couple of those if things don't go our way.
We have a decent record against Geelong but they're top 4 for a reason, Sydney are looking pretty damn good at the moment and it's away, Richmond are vulnerable but still there's the chance they get some cattle back and get back into it, Brisbane are very good even without Hipwood, I don't need to mention our recent derby record and St Kilda are a bit of an enigma at the moment.

Losing to Carlton twice really hurts, both emotionally and on the ladder.

Honestly don't mind Healy. Yeah he gets a bit wrong now and again but at least he talks about us and is often positive. All other comentators seem shocked we exist. Also i remember a few weeks ago on 'on the couch' they were talking about darcy before he re-signed and Brown made a comment about him going to Geelong and Healy basically told him to stfu. So yeah always got time for him.
When commentators used to travel the country Healy always seemed to come to Perth for Fox and he knew both WA teams well. The new trend of calling from a studio in Melbourne is impacting both the quality of the commentary as well as educating Melbourne-based journalists of interstate side.

My Goodness, just turned off the purple reign podcast for the first time ever. They spent so long laying into Acres and Aish I couldn't listen anymore, talking about situations like Aish kicking it out on the full that never even happened? So dissapointed. Yeah I get they're not the most popular guys on the list, but to defame them for situations that never even happened is so so crappy

My Goodness, just turned off the purple reign podcast for the first time ever. They spent so long laying into Acres and Aish I couldn't listen anymore, talking about situations like Aish kicking it out on the full that never even happened? So dissapointed. Yeah I get they're not the most popular guys on the list, but to defame them for situations that never even happened is so so crappy

Every Freo podcast is s**t. Dunno why you bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back