Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taberner: "We've got a lot of weapons in our forward line."

He's not wrong... unfortunately they play for the opposition. If you are an intercepting or rebounding half back, you'll be assured you'll look elite against Freo.

What did Kersten do again? Bully Neale in a game of basketball or something?

I dont recall that but it wouldn't suprise me. I think Lachie saw the attitude and culture of the place just go down the toilet especially after Pav left with players like Bennell, Kersten and a couple others. And decided to get outta there cant blame him it been pretty successful for him and breaks my heart as he should have been close 200 game docker by now.

I do remember when it announced Kersten was leaving his management pretty much bagged the club and aired as much dirty laundry as possible. Shane obivous gave them go ahead as well knowing he wouldn't play AFL again so he left the club with no diginity imo.

I dont think conca is that type of character he will just cop it on the chin and move onto the next phase of his life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont recall that but it wouldn't suprise me. I think Lachie saw the attitude and culture of the place just go down the toilet especially after Pav left with players like Bennell, Kersten and a couple others. And decided to get outta there cant blame him it been pretty successful for him and breaks my heart as he should have been close 200 game docker by now.

I do remember when it announced Kersten was leaving his management pretty much bagged the club and aired as much dirty laundry as possible. Shane obivous gave them go ahead as well knowing he wouldn't play AFL again so he left the club with no diginity imo.

I dont think conca is that type of character he will just cop it on the chin and move onto the next phase of his life
You can tell a lot about a bloke by how they handle getting delisted. Look at Tommy Sheridan. He was absolutely gutted but has since been back, tweets constant support for players like AP who come back from injury and able to engage with many players within the inner sanctum of the club due to his nature. Many ex-players for Freo (especially during our golden run years) seem to fit this bill. Even Harley refused to bad mouth Ross Lyon post delisting.

Conca strikes me as the type who will understand the bigger picture, thank JLo for his time and try to do whatever possible to give Freo it's first flag from a whole new role completely removed from the club. That may just be tweeting or random pub visits for 92.9 or whatever, but he doesn't give the vibe of some entitled prat.

Breaks my heart too about Neale, truly loved him as a docker. So did the team. Shame how it all worked out but now we've got a great young group of mids that all look like top blokes and even better players.

Also just realised Josh Treacy is ineligible for this years rising star award due to being suspended by the WAFL earlier this year.

If we make the eight, will the AFL have to renegotiate the contract to show all finals live in seven on primetime, and instead put our final exclusively on KAYO at 5:40pm on a Sunday?
The poor Channel 7 programmer who has to juggle "all finals live" and "not have Freo at a broadcastable timeslot ever". Such a moral conundrum for them.

Is the West's link to Ralph's comments on Cerra fast-tracking Richmond's rebuild clickbait or did he genuinely include that in the tackle?

God he's a *head.

I think Lachie saw the attitude and culture of the place just go down the toilet especially after Pav left with players like Bennell, Kersten and a couple others. And decided to get outta there cant blame him
Nah sorry that’s a cop out if even half true.
What so poor wittle wachie couldn’t handle a bit of s**t from a known flog and simply associate it as such ?

He instead puts it down to the whole “poor culture” cliche thing thus tarnishing the whole club?

look I’m not saying things were all rosy at freo then cause clearly they weren’t but it annoys me when people come in bagging the club as per Neales and his managements narrative when as far as everything I’ve seen /read since it was merely a cover for a bloke simply chasing a bigger pay check and the desire to be the top dog.

Remember he came up through the good times at this club and clearly wasn’t prepared to see it through when things got tough (as is his prerogative) so he jumped at the chance when brissy and fagan a came ,selling him the mirage of glory that is the lions.

As I said his choice but let’s not paint him as some sort of wronged player here AFAIC he’s just about the definition of a mercenary .

Is the West's link to Ralph's comments on Cerra fast-tracking Richmond's rebuild clickbait or did he genuinely include that in the tackle?

God he's a fu**head.
Amazingly , simultaneously tho declaring cerra only worth a second rounder tho (because Richmond need those firsts to fast track the rebuild!!!)

You can tell a lot about a bloke by how they handle getting delisted. Look at Tommy Sheridan. He was absolutely gutted but has since been back, tweets constant support for players like AP who come back from injury and able to engage with many players within the inner sanctum of the club due to his nature. Many ex-players for Freo (especially during our golden run years) seem to fit this bill. Even Harley refused to bad mouth Ross Lyon post delisting.

Conca strikes me as the type who will understand the bigger picture, thank JLo for his time and try to do whatever possible to give Freo it's first flag from a whole new role completely removed from the club. That may just be tweeting or random pub visits for 92.9 or whatever, but he doesn't give the vibe of some entitled prat.

Breaks my heart too about Neale, truly loved him as a docker. So did the team. Shame how it all worked out but now we've got a great young group of mids that all look like top blokes and even better players.
I felt so sad listening to Tommy talk about his delisting. He was so genuine talking about how much he loved the club and the effort he put into it on and off the field. The way he spoke about taking young players under his wing, after Darcy talking about how he helped bring him out of his shell really showed how excellent his character is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back