Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
"Will Sean Darcy leave them come free agency?
Sean Darcy has been a wonderful find for the Fremantle Dockers, yet I cannot shake the suspicion he will go home to Geelong who are in desperate need of a ruckman when he hits the free agency in three years. The Dockers are on the way up while the Cats are on the way down and this will only become clearer over the next couple of years. However there are nine other Victorian clubs that will be eager to have a talent of Darcy’s ilk on their list and the Dockers will need to be wary of the big Geelong native going home. "

This is some elite horse s**t

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
"Trade out Rory Lobb and Matt Tabener while they have currency
Yes, this might seem excessive, but each player is only getting older and will want to taste premiership success that Freo are not yet ready for. If the Dockers can find away to bring in the draft capital necessary to draft both Neil Erasmus and Jye Amiss it will set them up to contend in three years’ time very effectively. They also won’t have that pesky go-home factor that’s forcing Adam Cerra out the door."

So both key forwards...

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
"Speaking of Adam Cerra…
Trade him to Melbourne for Luke Jackson if you can. If not, Angus Brayshaw and the next year’s first-round pick will be a good consolation prize."

No, no it won't be

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
"Move David Mundy to the half-back line and Nat Fyfe to the half-forward line
Each of these players are closer to the end of their careers but they clearly still have something to give to Fremantle, just not in an inside midfielder role. David Mundy should move to the half-back flank and operate like the general down there, steeling the defence like Luke Hodge did at Brisbane. "

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Written by an Essendon self-confessed flog. Unfortunately for him his 'edgy' red hair doesn't make up for the s**t analysis. Just a suggestion but perhaps don't get the same guy to write the season reviews for every club (aka a pile of worthless s**t)?

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Written by an Essendon self-confessed flog. Unfortunately for him his 'edgy' red hair doesn't make up for the sh*t analysis. Just a suggestion but perhaps don't get the same guy to write the season reviews for every club (aka a pile of worthless sh*t)?
I used to hang around The Roar a lot before I relocated here. They have two sources for material: (1) a few (roughly daily) pieces by one of the three or four paid contributors (Ryan Buckland, aka "The Economist", was one for a while); and then (2) a bunch of unpaid contributions (2, 3, 4 or more a day) from "The Crowd" (i.e. readers), which are unsolicited, and go through only a fairly light quality control/editorial process before being published. They're not much different, really, from BF members posting lengthy posts on these forums, where the people writing them don't necessarily have any expertise or inside knowledge to draw on other than what they take from watching games and reading media (This is true of 99% of paid media commentators too, of course, though the fact that they get paid for it opens them, imo, to being pilloried for putting in a half-arsed, ill-informed job).

This piece is by one of the (recently) more active members of "The Crowd". Full of laughable observations, no doubt, though at least it's got some detail. If you're part of the community, even terrible analyses are welcomed because they serve as the prompt for discussion in the comments; it's the 100 word stating-the-obvious pieces that are frustrating (even offensive) for being pointless.

I used to really enjoy the discussion there, but like every discussion forum, individual posters come and go; the community dynamics changed at one point in a way that made it unbearable being a Freo supporter.

At any rate, I'm not sure this fits the remit of "positivity". I don't ordinarily care to play the role of topic police, but I do like the idea of this thread being nothing but positivity, so Snuffaluphagus or Tonga Bob or BeinPurplenGreen would you agree to pruning here and grafting onto the Media thread?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Trade Tabs and Lobb. Let’s just back a 19 year old rookie to kick 80 goals because that’s the only way we ll win most games.
Alrighty then..

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
"Trade out Rory Lobb and Matt Tabener while they have currency
Yes, this might seem excessive, but each player is only getting older and will want to taste premiership success that Freo are not yet ready for. If the Dockers can find away to bring in the draft capital necessary to draft both Neil Erasmus and Jye Amiss it will set them up to contend in three years’ time very effectively. They also won’t have that pesky go-home factor that’s forcing Adam Cerra out the door."

So both key forwards...

Hang on….. each player is getting older.. what, all of them?!

SiempreFreo

All Australian
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hope some of you have watching Ch 7's "10 to 1: WA's Biggest Footy Moments". Fyfey, Sonny and Dave on with Barich, Worsfold & Co tonight from 8.50pm Perth time.

When my lip wasn't curling with all the Weags stuff and Barich comments like "The Freo people won't like this, but Freo was brought in (by the Vics) (just) to weaken West Coast" (probably true I guess) - I'm pleased to see how well our boys measured up as voices of Freo FC.

Also first time I clapped eyes on the Demo Derby - wish I'd been there.

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
David Hale said since he arrived at Freo in 2016 they never once had their best team on the park due to injuries.

You guys would know that but definitely doesn't get mentioned enough if at all over here.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
David Hale said since he arrived at Freo in 2016 they never once had their best team on the park due to injuries.

You guys would know that but definitely doesn't get mentioned enough if at all over here.
Oh we know believe me.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Are Box Hill happy he's come back? Our board has a varying degree of opinions on Hale.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I mean, if a piece of sh*t like Wayne Carey can be on TV, why not Ben Cousins?

Let's get Daniel Kerr in as well while we are at it.
Haha yeah i think everyone is happy cousins is off the pipe but didnt he threaten to bury his baby mama under thr playground his kids play at. Should probably do a GAJ senior and stay away from the media and get weird about jesus or something.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haha yeah i think everyone is happy cousins is off the pipe but didnt he threaten to bury his baby mama under thr playground his kids play at. Should probably do a GAJ senior and stay away from the media and get weird about jesus or something.
Isn't Gary Abletts wierd Jesus stuff of the angry middled aged American right wing reactionary 'he has sent COVID upon us as punishment for our embrace of woke transgenderism' kind?
I mean it's funny but we don't want to encourage it too much..

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think going on the Masked Singer or SAS Australia is the go to these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back