Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the concept, but it's pointless if there's only five forwards to kick to. The fact that intercept defenders regularly destroy us highlights that these type of tactics don't work. Our leading goal scorer this year has only scored 10 goals. For a comparison, Jaidyn Stephenson from Collingwood has scored the same amount of goals, and he's an 18 year old. Our forward line woes aren't going to be solved if we are outnumbered there. I don't understand what the player in the back is doing to help anyway; most of the time we just bomb it long, bypassing any running play.
I agree. He's not an extra mid helping with the clearances because he's outside of the centre sqaure FFS - along with everyone else on the field! It's an overly defensive strategy that IMHO is neither working nor needed.

At every game I attend I do a quick count the players in our forward line. There is NEVER more than 5. And most of them are so close together they may as well be holding hands. It shits me. Our forward structure has been poor for years.

Geez Barrett went easy on us in the Sliding Doors article. Just a fair dig at Brad Hill, nothing about Ross.

Feel like this is one of our most important games in a long time. We win and the pressure comes off the club significantly. A rising star performance by one of our kids would be icing on the cake.

We should start getting our injured players back soon and we can turn this s**t show around with some positive club news.

I'm not on twitter, but if anyone is, did Tim Gossage tweet about a whole of club press conference at 10am today?

Tim Gossage ‏Verified account @TimGossage 11h11 hours ago
For those who care this tweet is not from my account. I haven’t been hacked but this a poor attempt to falsify information and attributing to me. To the sad lonely and gutless keyboard warrior if you’re going copy emojis use the right one.

I would love it if Ross got pushed out but Sumich didn’t get the job in favour of an assistant or an interstate interim coach.

Why the hell would we be stupid enough to get sumich when he couldn’t even get our forward line up function when we actually had reasonable forwards? Seriously!

I was at the club this morning and the joint has been staked out by the media..... at the players' carpark boomgate and up behind the goals at
the western end.
Fair dinkum if someone fired a ballistic missile at Australia it would be the 3rd story on Cheagle news.

Ha,ha.. no training on. Only Ballas cutting a lonely figure kicking on goal and Sandi walking laps bouncing a footy.
There was perhaps 10 players shooting basketball indoors . Mitch Crowden and Walters the pick of the bunch.

When I walked past the media again about 40 minutes later the camera crew were applying sunscreen to their cheeks; Obviously digging in for an extended stay certain that something is going to go down.

I suppose we have to wait for the imminent release of this video of Ross Lyon and the complainant.

According to Hackdorn yesterday morning on 6PR, "there is a video" and its "running" on the Herald Sun website and if you subscribe online you'll be able to view it. Obviously complete crap or it would have been reposted all over the news sites by now. Funny thing is that the audio links to from yesterday only link to todays audio of Hackdorn on PR, where he is careful not to assert anything.

Caroline Wilson, on 5aa yesterday afternoon was less certain about the video. She was careful to say that she didn't have enough information about the matter, but had heard that the incident involving the "budding boobs" comment was made in the presence of a group of people during photoshoot (not said private) and she thinks that is what might have been recorded on video. She also thought the report about someone in the office saying "careful where you sit...etc" wasn't offensive to her as it was the kind of joke that her and her female work colleagues would make to each other.

Another tidbit was Hardie (On Macquarie radio this afternoon) when he was asked about whether the thought Sumich had been spoken to by Fremantle as replacement coach Lyon said the story was "made up". Apparently journos sometimes make stuff up!

Makes u think back to last year when rosco said theres 2400 journalist's employed in australia to cover the game. Its just unfortunate theres a heap like hardie, haggers, whately, robbo, cornes etc all fighting for air time. Regular everyday shitbags giving the good ones a bad name.

Almost wanted to start a thread about this but didn’t think the subject warranted any more oxygen that it’s been given but...

In my opinion the media must be held to account for the unsubstantiated muck they have been peddling about Lyon for the last few weeks
I hope Like hell Lyon and FFC are lawyering up and preparing to sue the likes of Hagdorn and whateley into financial oblivion
They shouldn’t be able to do this s**t with impunity
I’m good for $100 towards a kickass QC
Mods if you think this is thread worthy start one and let’s get a tally going

Almost wanted to start a thread about this but didn’t think the subject warranted any more oxygen that it’s been given but...

In my opinion the media must be held to account for the unsubstantiated muck they have been peddling about Lyon for the last few weeks
I hope Like hell Lyon and FFC are lawyering up and preparing to sue the likes of Hagdorn and whateley into financial oblivion
They shouldn’t be able to do this s**t with impunity
I’m good for $100 towards a kickass QC
Mods if you think this is thread worthy start one and let’s get a tally going

So you reckon there’s 10,000 donors ready to stump up $100 each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you reckon there’s 10,000 donors ready to stump up $100 each.
Probably not
Go fund me is full of plenty more much worthy causes
But * these guys
It’s like a witch hunt started by pissed off journos who have been made to look like the amateurs they are
Guess what guys , you’ve been found wanting again,
Wonder what Lyons mrs and kids think about all this?
Hacks, should be held to account

As a supporter base, is there any reasonable legal action we can take towards the media, be it individually or collectively.

I cannot see the club taking action as they will want to be seen as above reproach and not-petty, thus not coming down to the level of journalists.

It really is up to us supporters to sort the media out. Unfortunately us having a whinge on forums or not buying the paper just isn’t enough.

Can any of the legal beagles on our forum think how we can reasonably take steps to stop the media acting this way towards our club?

As a supporter base, is there any reasonable legal action we can take towards the media, be it individually or collectively.

I cannot see the club taking action as they will want to be seen as above reproach and not-petty, thus not coming down to the level of journalists.

It really is up to us supporters to sort the media out. Unfortunately us having a whinge on forums or not buying the paper just isn’t enough.

Can any of the legal beagles on our forum think how we can reasonably take steps to stop the media acting this way towards our club?

I think we just have to suck it up will the team wins our first GF (hopefully just around the corner) - then the lack of all respect will probably go away.

Saturday Sportstalk started with Tammy Wynette 'Stand by Your Man' followed by Clint Wheeldon taking a couple of cheap shots at the club.Proceeded to declare that if we didn't appoint a female coach for the AFLW vacancy the club wasn't serious and couldn't be believed about anything.

Subject closed we're moving on.
Straight into a defence of Notaclot's tackle and undeserved suspension.
Mocking the tribunal and dubbing the decision 'ludicrous'.

Nothing to see here, it's fingernail deep as per...

Michael Prior on 720.
Pearce the best at Peel for some time.
Wilson a big out.
Looking to outlast the Saints.
Forwards sucked up the ground too much last week and Richmond's experienced defenders just dropped.
Club has been absolutely open and honest with player group on every occasion there has been an issue.
SHilly will play.Had a bad week but has been great and is a champ who will bounce back.
BHilly will just be subjected to established process.
Wouldn't outline club's alcohol policy but said BHilly had breached it.
Straight bat Michael.

Haggers and hardie this morning on sports talk just cant let the lyon thing go. To a couple of callers credit they challenged those 2 flogs on their bias and unjustified speculation. Hardie reckons there is no personal bias they then danced around the unfounded speculation theyve been sprouting then continued on to the clubs culture. It really was a piss poor effort to save face.

Saturday Sportstalk started with Tammy Wynette 'Stand by Your Man' followed by Clint Wheeldon taking a couple of cheap shots at the club.Proceeded to declare that if we didn't appoint a female coach for the AFLW vacancy the club wasn't serious and couldn't be believed about anything.

Subject closed we're moving on.
Straight into a defence of Notaclot's tackle and undeserved suspension.
Mocking the tribunal and dubbing the decision 'ludicrous'.

Nothing to see here, it's fingernail deep as per...

Clint Wheeldon is so biased towards eagles its amazing he can keep his job - I turn off as soon as I hear him calling a freo game - also noticed that M Duffield couldn't make sportstalk either and he didn't make the pressa yesterday to ask the hard hitting q's - suspect he maybe wishing he hadn't written and said so much crap over the last couple of weeks now after yesterdays pressa.

Haggers and hardie this morning on sports talk just cant let the lyon thing go. To a couple of callers credit they challenged those 2 flogs on their bias and unjustified speculation. Hardie reckons there is no personal bias they then danced around the unfounded speculation theyve been sprouting then continued on to the clubs culture. It really was a piss poor effort to save face.

Hagga's and Hardie are main offenders trying to push this pathetic attempt at getting rid of a senior coach. Both are floggs

Clint Wheeldon is so biased towards eagles its amazing he can keep his job - I turn off as soon as I hear him calling a freo game - also noticed that M Duffield couldn't make sportstalk either and he didn't make the pressa yesterday to ask the hard hitting q's - suspect he maybe wishing he hadn't written and said so much crap over the last couple of weeks now after yesterdays pressa.

Hagdorn wasn't there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back