Mega Thread The Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratts

Rookie
Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Listening to Duff and Quarters pod. I like Duff, he knows what he should know but Mark Readings is your typical pub douche that’s always yelling Kick it looooong! In the background.

Duff sure does have an informed and honest approach when speaking about the Dockers.

At the end of the pod they were speaking about Lachie Neales reasons for leaving (money aside).
Duff mentioned there was an incident at the Cockburn basketball courts where Lachie (being a little fella) was belittled a tall player who he viewed as not fully committed to the club, and he did not take to kindly to the smack talk. Duff said those types of players mostly aren't at the club any more.
Anyone who listened to the pod care to fill in the blanks as to which players was Duff referring to??

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
I’m pretty sure it was Harley Bennell.

Ratts

Rookie
Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m pretty sure it was Harley Bennell.

That was my initial thought as well but then he was speaking about basketball and tall vs small. Is it McCarthy then who he had a real problem with? He is a slacker who never fulfilled his potential

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Duff sure does have an informed and honest approach when speaking about the Dockers.

At the end of the pod they were speaking about Lachie Neales reasons for leaving (money aside).
Duff mentioned there was an incident at the Cockburn basketball courts where Lachie (being a little fella) was belittled a tall player who he viewed as not fully committed to the club, and he did not take to kindly to the smack talk. Duff said those types of players mostly aren't at the club any more.
Anyone who listened to the pod care to fill in the blanks as to which players was Duff referring to??
I never take what Duffield says about the Dockers as being complete gospel though. I think for varying reasons he's prone to apply some fairly strong filters/interpretations that undermine the accuracy of what he says. An illustration of this was when he was on the radio decrying the Dockers goal kicking accuracy and upselling the WC's skills work as an example Freo should follow. Of course, when I checked the season's points/goals ratio the WC was worse than Freo's.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
West Coast Australian at it again. Quote by Sumich that Sean Darcy wants to go home to Geelong and also Cerra if he doesn't sign by mid year will go.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
West Coast Australian at it again. Quote by Sumich that Sean Darcy wants to go home to Geelong and also Cerra if he doesn't sign by mid year will go.

Straight swap Jordan Clark

meesy

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
You have to laugh if true, we’ve probably thrown a lot of games just to develop Cerra at afl level. What a waste of time. Also way to hedge your bets - ‘if he doesn’t re-sign’ lol

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
You have to laugh if true, we’ve probably thrown a lot of games just to develop Cerra at afl level. What a waste of time. Also way to hedge your bets - ‘if he doesn’t re-sign’ lol
If he wants to leave best he leaves now when he isn't a free agent and we can trade him.

Purple Madness

Senior List
Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra leaves, meh. I'd be happy for some quality picks in return. He's one of those blokes who looks good in a good team. Never gonna stand up when it's time in our games, especially when going gets tough.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra leaves, meh. I'd be happy for some quality picks in return. He's one of those blokes who looks good in a good team. Never gonna stand up when it's time in our games, especially when going gets tough.

It’s not the player that’s annoying it just the thought process , some * wit vic loving list manager gets these metro campaigners in with his b b b best available bullshit and where is the campaigner now when they want to leave ?

Working for some vic club who’s probably in their ear trying to screw us on a trade

It’s infuriating short sighted bullshit

As an aside it’s convenient that we drafted some WA kids this year if some of the Vic lads want out

Blah blah blah we realise it’s disappointing for the fans but look how we have addressed the issue 3 years too late

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a thought on continuing rebuilds,
Those who started following Freo and hoping for a premiership.
The mid teens are now in there 40s
The mid 20s are now in there 50s
Mid 30s are in there 60s and anyone who started following in there 40,, 50s probably won't be around for that cup. I,m feeling real sorry for myself.
Geez that's a sad ,sad story for a lot of us.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Putting 3-4 years into guys only to swap them out for draft picks is rebuild hell. It means you are condeming yourself to the bottom 6 for a decade or more
It's not ideal but what are we going to do? We can't make them stay. I also don't believe the Darcy one until he actually asks for a trade.

I don't think either of Cerra or Darcy will condemn us anywhere. Darcy is somewhat painful because rucks take forever but at least Meek looks nearly AFL standard now. And unless Cerra actually turns out to be Pendles no2 (I doubt it) then we'll move on pretty quick. Mids are the easier to find and I am pretty confident that Andy and Serong are in for the long haul. Who knows what to make of Tucker, Valente, NOD etc.

We just have to draft the right players and at least this year there seem to be bulk WA KPFs. We need to get our spine right and this may end up being a blessing in disguise if we don't do something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back