Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I try and watch one of the Doig medal videos I only get audio. I've tried the app and the website on my phone and my laptop. Anyone else having the same problem or are the Dockers just discriminating against us yanks?
I was getting crackly audio so must be something wrong with it.

And if Erasmus is already gone?

Amiss and Van Rooyen? Or do we need a mid?
If Clark and Brodie are incoming, and with Valente, Western and O'Driscoll in the bank, We don't need a midfielder, but Sheldrick, Ditmar, Hough and Serong could be added if we did.

Small/medium forward would be handy.

If Clark and Brodie are incoming, and with Valente, Western and O'Driscoll in the bank, We don't need a midfielder, but Sheldrick, Ditmar, Hough and Serong could be added if we did.

Small/medium forward would be handy.

All those guys are depth and outside of Clark haven’t shown anything to suggest they’re potentially more than that.

Melbourne and Western Bulldogs showed you need a stacked midfield to even make a Grand Final. I don’t think we’re even top eight in 3-4 years if Brayshaw, Serong and what else (???) are our midfield. Even North Melbourne as this year’s wooden spoon team has 2-3 good midfielders.

We should be using a top pick on a mid and drafting more mids later in this draft or perhaps next year.

In terms of Henry and Sturt, I think we need to patient with them but they’re clearly super talented and if we can keep them in the park and developing, I honestly don’t believe our forward line, when throwing Schultz and Switta into the mix, is actually that far off from a small/mid forward perspective. We need to give the guys we have time though.

Melbourne and Western Bulldogs showed you need a stacked midfield to even make a Grand Final. I don’t think we’re even top eight in 3-4 years if Brayshaw, Serong and what else (???) are our midfield. Even North Melbourne as this year’s wooden spoon team has 2-3 good midfielders.
You have to account for other teams losing a lot of rucks and midfielders in 3-4 years time as well though.

In 4 years Nic Nat, Gawn, Grundy, Goldstein, McEvoy, Lycett, Hickey, Stanley, Ryder, Nankervis, Mumford, Witts, Sinclair, Phillips, Martin etc will all be retired or extremely close to it (and unlikely to be as impactful). Meanwhile we'll likely have the best ruck in the AFL at only 27 years old still. He is already the best ruck under 27.

Brayshaw and Serong might be in the top 5 or so midfielders under 24yo at the moment. In 3 years they very well could still be the top 5 or so midfielder under 27. Other than Carlton with Walsh (and soon Cerra), and Gold Coast with Rowell and Anderson (assuming they are still there) which other clubs have two top proven young mids that are tracking similarly to Brayshaw and Serong?

We certainly need to build around the core of Darcy, Brayshaw and Serong but I'm not sure I agree we absolutely have to spend big to do so. And over the next couple of years time we'll likely be in a good position to trade an extra mature mid or two (looking for success) like plenty of premiership winning clubs have.

All those guys are depth and outside of Clark haven’t shown anything to suggest they’re potentially more than that.

We should be using a top pick on a mid and drafting more mids later in this draft or perhaps next year.

In terms of Henry and Sturt, I think we need to patient with them but they’re clearly super talented and if we can keep them in the park and developing, I honestly don’t believe our forward line, when throwing Schultz and Switta into the mix, is actually that far off from a small/mid forward perspective. We need to give the guys we have time though.
The only real answer to that is that if the club don't think Clark and Brodie are strong chances of being best 22, don't get them.

The only real answer to that is that if the club don't think Clark and Brodie are strong chances of being best 22, don't get them.
May not be popular opinion but Bazzo is a great size at around pick 30 ya gotta get him.
Not convinced of Pearce being able to play a whole season, Logue is serviceable, Cox is great but I see him as a tall sweeper type.
Really like the versatility of van Rooyen and Bazzo - both would be too much??

Warner also a great option at a pick around 35-45.

You have to account for other teams losing a lot of rucks and midfielders in 3-4 years time as well though.

In 4 years Nic Nat, Gawn, Grundy, Goldstein, McEvoy, Lycett, Hickey, Stanley, Ryder, Nankervis, Mumford, Witts, Sinclair, Phillips, Martin etc will all be retired or extremely close to it (and unlikely to be as impactful). Meanwhile we'll likely have the best ruck in the AFL at only 27 years old still. He is already the best ruck under 27.

Brayshaw and Serong might be in the top 5 or so midfielders under 24yo at the moment. In 3 years they very well could still be the top 5 or so midfielder under 27. Other than Carlton with Walsh (and soon Cerra), and Gold Coast with Rowell and Anderson (assuming they are still there) which other clubs have two top proven young mids that are tracking similarly to Brayshaw and Serong?

We certainly need to build around the core of Darcy, Brayshaw and Serong but I'm not sure I agree we absolutely have to spend big to do so. And over the next couple of years time we'll likely be in a good position to trade an extra mature mid or two (looking for success) like plenty of premiership winning clubs have.
Erasmus averages 28 possessions a game, Dittmar is already that 90kg mid and Knevitt is 193cm mid with a game high 36
possession game.
As you say plenty of options and in the 2-3 draft rounds too.
All 3 go hard at the ball, etc, we just need the size to let Brayshaw, Serong to play more offensive.
A Crowley, Barlow picks that as a whole midfield unit cannot be contained.

Erasmus averages 28 possessions a game, Dittmar is already that 90kg mid and Knevitt is 193cm mid with a game high 36
possession game.
As you say plenty of options and in the 2-3 draft rounds too.
All 3 go hard at the ball, etc, we just need the size to let Brayshaw, Serong to play more offensive.
A Crowley, Barlow picks that as a whole midfield unit cannot be contained.
I agree we need a big sized mid. So why not try out a proven mid in Greg Clark ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree we need a big sized mid. So why not try out a proven mid in Greg Clark ;)
Too many fringe mids already - need quality of an Erasmus or Johnson.
we should’ve kept Mengegola and at least given him a game, Clark is a similar type.
Moving on we need to replace Mundy and in 3 years Fyfe - and that replacement needs to be a top rated mid.

I think I mentioned G Clark for the mid season draft or rookie pick before.
As a rookie selection he would make perfect sense.
But we seem to be in this cycle of revolving players from main to rookie list.
Love to find another Barlow though, guy was a ball magnet and if only Palmer hadn’t broken his leg😩

I think I mentioned G Clark for the mid season draft or rookie pick before.
As a rookie selection he would make perfect sense.
But we seem to be in this cycle of revolving players from main to rookie list.
Love to find another Barlow though, guy was a ball magnet and if only Palmer hadn’t broken his leg😩
That was so ****ed

David Hale said since he arrived at Freo in 2016 they never once had their best team on the park due to injuries.

You guys would know that but definitely doesn't get mentioned enough if at all over here.
The injury curse has been going on for 7 straight years.

Luck? Or maybe bad management.

Poor recruiting and over training I think have been the issue.

Remember Stephen Hill’s first couple of years before clubs started locking him down. He destroyed them with 80-100m plays & kicking goals on the run outside 50.
There was some statistics about how if he got over 20 touches we won. Every time.
No wonder he became such a target for stopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember his goal involvements were top 5 or something in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back